• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] Dry Spell (adventure)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Looking for a player

We are currently looking for another player. We need someone who can take over a 3rd level fighter name Eolan. You can find the character sheet in the rogues gallery, where he is the third entry. If you read the posts in this thread and the adventure thread, I think you will see that this is a very enjoyable adventure, and we keep up a good pace. Please read these threads to get a feel for the game and how we play before requesting to take over the character.

This character will be *yours* and you should feel free to play him with your own personality and quirks. The only thing we ask is that you be a team player, and commit to posting at least 5 times a week.

Please post any questions you might have here or email them to me at kfargo@indiana.edu.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Players,

Please give a big welcome to Mike. He will be playing Eolan for the rest of the adventure. He has read the IC and OOC threads, and is up to speed, so he will begin posting right away.

Welcome aboard Mike! :D

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I am using a PDF adventure module. The map in it is by Todd Gamble. I have no idea what program he used to create it.

I simply copied and pasted it from Adobe Reader into Adobe Photoshop. In Photoshop, I used the art tools (mostly rubber stamp) to hide some things (like the adventure title and room numbers). I then crop and erase in Photoshop to leave as much of the area as your characters would be aware of.

Then I import the remaining portion of the map into Adobe Illustrator. That's where I add things like the table (just a filled circle) in the current room and the letters/numbers representing characters and monsters. I then use the "save for web" feature of Illustrator to put the map into GIF format, and try to keep the file size under 150 kb.

Hope you like it. :)

Galethorn

First Post
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
Galethorn,

Please post or contact me (kfargo@indiana.edu) by Friday evening. If I don't hear from you by then, I will be looking for another player to take over Eolan. No hard feelings or anything, but I think that players have more fun in a party made up of more PCs than NPCs. ;)

Vigwyn

Oh geez! I wish I had seen that when you posted it originally! I wasn't gone or anything; I must have just missed the thread when you got it going after the server outage...

Just so this doesn't happen to me again, in a different game, could somebody please explain why the thread-subscription thingy doesn't seem to do anything for me?

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Galethorn,

Sorry about that. I tried to give you plenty of time to respond. :\

I'm not an expert on subscribing, but I do know it has some limited functionality. As far as I know, the email notification thing does *not* work. However, when you subscribe to a thread it is added to the "My Account" link, which is up-at-the-top-and-sort-of-in-the-middle of each page when you are logged in.

When you log in, click on the "My Account" link. If any of your subscribed threads have had a post in them recently, they will show up there. This is the first thing I do every time I log in.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

Remove ads