• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] Dry Spell (adventure)

Krug

Newshound
Vigwin,
No worries. :)

Am off for a short break. Please put Belisha on auto-pilot. Since she has hardly anything left, she'll either a) cast acid splash on Relgore or b) use CLW potions on her comrades who need it.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Krug:
When do you plan on returning?

Brain:
You can take a shot at Relgore, but I don't see how it could be a sneak attack. He is already reacting normally in battle, and he isn't denied his Dex bonus to AC right now. Let me know if you think I'm reading the rules wrong on that one--it certainly won't be the first or last time. :)

Brain

First Post
I thought I had cover so I could hide, then once hidden (unless spotted) I could make a sneak attack within 30 feet with a ranged weapon.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Brain said:
I thought I had cover so I could hide, then once hidden (unless spotted) I could make a sneak attack within 30 feet with a ranged weapon.

As far as I know, that only works if you catch the opponent flat-footed by hiding until they get close enough for you to attack. But since Relgore is already reacting to combat normally, he wouldn't be flat-footed when you attack.

Brain

First Post
If I had total concealment from him and made an attack, he would be denied his dex and I would get +2. I just realized however that he probably has uncanny dodge anyways, being a barbarian. In that case, he keeps his dex bonus. So just have Slyfen shoot and not sneak attack.

Krug

Newshound
Vigwin: Posted while I was away at Phuket. Thankfully they have fast internet broadband. ;)

BTW, great game! You're the most well-organised DM I've ever had the fortune to play with online. Probably the best example of how a PBP game should be done... evar. :)

Brain

First Post
I'll second that, this game has been very enjoyable and well run. Are you interested in running further adventures for our group of would-be heroes? I'd definitely be interested.

As far as the treasure split up goes, Slyfen would prefer to sell everything, and perhaps have the party buy a wand of cure light wounds (more efficient than a bunch of potions) along with a few potions incase Hardin was unconscious.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Thanks Krug and Brain! Those are huge compliments. I think the party worked out very well, and you guys have all been doing a terrific job of roleplaying. Sometimes it's been a lot of work, but I'm always motivated to keep going just to see what you guys will do next. I think sticking to "generic" D&D has been helpful too.

This adventure is close to being over, but I've been giving very serious consideration to starting another one up soon. If I do, though, I'll probably only update about half as frequently as I have been on this one.

Last edited:

Remove ads