• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] Dry Spell (adventure)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
It's good to be back. I think that right now this game is definitely my favorite. It combines good roleplaying with a fast pace that's fairly unique among the PbP games I'm in. Also, with a pre-made adventure, I don't have to worry about the DM having finals or something and not being able to finish his/her adventure.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Nac,

I need to clarify a few things about your most recent post, so I'll know how you want to proceed.

1. You can't lose protective ward for a CLW for two reasons. First, you've already cast it. Second, it's a granted power for one of your domains, not a spell. You can only drop (non-domain) spells for spontaneous casting.

2. One of the orcs is already stabilized, so that might save you a spell.

3. Which particular 0 level spell(s) do you want to drop?

Everybody, although I sometimes miss something, I try to do a good job of keeping your character sheets up to date, including things like spells used, ammunition left, current hp, etc. You can always find them in the rogues gallery. :)

Brain

First Post
I just took a look at my character sheet and it seems you haven't marked off the potion of invisibility that I used, and maybe not the oil of magic weapon either (not sure how many I started with)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Brain said:
I just took a look at my character sheet and it seems you haven't marked off the potion of invisibility that I used, and maybe not the oil of magic weapon either (not sure how many I started with)

Oops :eek:

OK, taken care of. You had one potion of invisibility and 3 oils of magic weapon. You have used the potion and one of the oils. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Just voicing my opinion. I agreed with your decision to tell the PCs the HP of their enemies on the basis that we could see how bad their wounds were, but I think that it's a little bit more information than we should reasonably have to know what our enemy's class and level is, at least before combat. I think it's more reasonable to have to figure it out on the basis of, say, watching him rage.

That said, you're the DM, and so your say is final.

Loving the adventure, and since we seem to be nearing the end, I'll say it again: I really hope you'll do another one of these, because I think this is my favorite PbP game on the boards.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
First, I'm glad you're enjoying the game--that's really the best compliment I can get as a DM! :)

As far as the class and level thing goes, I knew that this encounter was going to be a challenge for the group, and I didn't want anyone feeling sand-bagged when they found out that Relgore was "stronger" than your average bugbear. I hope it doesn't detract from your enjoyment.

I'm going to edit the post to black out the text, so perhaps Galieo and Brain won't see it (Nac and Krug have already posted). I'll try to do this with any potential spoilers from here on in. I'll do it with HP, too.

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Krug,

Mea culpa. I was looking through the combat rules, and it turns out that I was totally wrong about not letting you spread summon monster out over two rounds because it was a full-round action. While there are some kinds of full-round actions that can't be spread out over two rounds, casting that spell isn't one of them. Sorry about that,

Vigwyn

Remove ads