• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Full] Dry Spell (adventure)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Oh, OK guys. My fault, I totally spaced that on adding the racial adjustments to ability scores. I was counting them *before* spending the 25 points instead of after--didn't even think about that.

Brain: Thanks for reminding me of the skill synergies. I found some more that apply to your character, and added them to the sheet as well.

So, you two, the sheets look completely OK to me the way they are now, and I'll accept them as is into the game. Please let me know if there is anything you want to change at this point.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Galethorn: I have checked over your character. Here are some notes on minor things that I changed, and some larger things that I need your input on. The mule will use the stats from MM 276, and will be assumed to be already trained for Heavy Labor, knowing the tricks Come and Work (see the Handle Animal skill in the PHB). Handle animal checks will be required whenever I wouldn't automatically assume success. Your lift weight is 350 (that is, 2x max). When wearing your backpack, you will be at medium load, and a speed and check penalty will apply (see PHB 161-162). You should have 5 feats (1 standard 1st lvl, 1 human bonus 1st lvl, 1 standard 3rd lvl, and1 fighter bonus each for 1st and 2nd lvls), so you'll need to pick 3 more. BTW, I really like your idea of storing some of your wealth as lightweight gems--it's practical plus it adds a bit of flair and realism. I'm not going to count the potions as a pound each, instead making it a pound total for them. One day's trail rations is only 5 sp. The mule costs 8 gp. I calculate that the mule is carrying 38 lb. I calculate that you have spent 2634.71 gp , leaving you with 365.29 gp. How do you want that split up? Please check your character over in the rogues gallery and let me know if you disagree with what I have come up with.

Krug: You're next! :p

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Krug: I have checked out your character through the language section. I will get to the rest of it after I hear back from you on what I've done so far. You can view the updated sheet in the rogues gallery. Here are my notes/concerns so far. You have no deity--that's fine, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just an oversight. I calculate your HP as 12 (4+2d4+3). What is the extra 3 from? According to my calculations, you have only spent 23 points on your ability scores (I'm putting in racial modifiers *after* points are spent); please tell me where you want the other 2. As far as I can tell, you are not proficient with darts, and so must take a -4 penalty on attack rolls with them. I didn't understand your attack and damage stats for the quarterstaff, so I reworked them. Tell me what you think of the changes I made.

Krug

Newshound
Hmm... let me take a look..
Ok deity: Baervan Wildwanderer
1 more point to Strength to bring it to 10 and 1 more to Cha to bring it to 9
HP: I mixed up and thought I had a Con of 14... oops. Bought it down to 12.
Pick up light X-bow instead, dropping the qtrstaff (though she'll have a light walking stick), and just realised eqpt weights are 1/4 what they are for some items and have adjusted accordingly.

So now she's carrying a lightweight and won't slow the others down. :)

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
Let's see...how about these small changes which take that extra gold into account...

Drop climb to 3 ranks, switch intimidate for Handle Animal, and put 3 ranks in Ride...

Get rid of one Garnet...

Switch one 'carried' GP back to 'credit'...

And buy a heavy warhorse, military saddle, bit and bridle, and saddlebags with the remaining unspent gold; that leaves 2sp, 9cp, which I would put with my other money.

Sure, all of this makes my character even more like a knight, but oh well.
As for feats...I'm not so sure we'd have a 3rd level feat, being 2nd level and all...however, I did write down two too few; I'd like to add Power Attack and Cleave.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Everybody please remember that your official characters are now posted in the rogues gallery. The ones posted here are obsolete. If you want to change something, please don't change it here, because it won't count. Instead, let me know, and I will change it on the "official" character sheet in the rogues gallery.

Now for the individual notes!

Krug: I'm not familiar with Baervan Wildwanderer. Please choose a deity from the PHB, or ask about one from one of the books listed in the first post. BTW, I'll allow the spell mark of air from BoEM, but you should *ask* about anything not in the core books. ;) Your Cha is too low for you to get dancing lights, ghost sound, or prestidigitation as racial abilities (see PHB 17). I'll allow the extra spells in your spellbook on the assumption they were copied from scrolls you found in previous adventures or something like that. You can prepare one more 1st lvl spell and one more 2nd lvl spell. I calculate that you have only 30 skill points to spend, rather than 36, so please tell me where you want to lose the 6 points. Paper is 4 sp per sheet, for a total of 4 gp for your ten sheets. Where are you keeping all of your scrolls? A day's trail rations are only 5 sp. For Rufus, I'll use the stats from the MM for a dog (not riding dog), and assume that he has been trained for the purpose of Guarding, and therefore knows the tricks attack, defend, down, and guard (see Handle Animal skill description in the PHB). I calculate that you are carrying 17.5 lb. I calculate that you have spent 1126.72 gp, leaving you with 1573.28 gp. I also made a few other minor changes (like your carrying weights went up).

Galethorn: I screwed up before and calculated your total available wealth from 3000 gp when it should have been 2700, so I'll fix that when I make the changes you indicated (sometime on Saturday, maybe late).

Last edited:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Galethorn: I was able to get to your character tonight (Friday), so I went ahead and took care of it.

As far as the knight thing goes, I certainly don't mind you playing your character as a knight (small "k"). In fact, in my mind, the knight is the archetypal fighter, and it's what I immediately think of when I think of fighters. I just didn't want to bring the Knight (big "K") class into this game. So, playing a knight is totally cool, so long as you do it with the fighter class. :)

Friend, you are indeed third level, so I need one more feat for you.

I fixed the amount of money thing. :confused: Sorry again about the mistake. You now have 4 red garnets (400 gp), 3 pp, 9 gp, 50 sp, and 0 cp. Let me know if you disagree with my math or if you want the money in different denominations.

Remove ads