D&D 5E Full preview unlocked!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Some things I noted (p. is pages):

26 p. mini manual of the planes
3 p. NPC building
3 p. wilderness survival
5 p. traps
6 p. downtime stuff (presumably beyond the PHB)
8 p. sentient items
2 p. chases (have we ever had that in a core book?)
3 p. disease and poison
10 p. monster creation
5 p. for character options/variants
8 p. the monster lists "missing" from the MM.

Xeterog

Explorer
looks like the TOC is off or something..

Combat Options start on 264 and then Creating a Monster start on 267...but the Firearms/alien tech are on pg 267 and 268 :)

still awesome stuff

Paraxis

Explorer
I want more pages dedicated to the things I like and less to the things I don't care so much for, but pretty sure everyone feels that way. The guns and explosives section is pretty cool. Very happy to see the random dungeons appendix, back in the day 10 year old me would sit down with a tablet of graph paper, a couple pencils, and some dice and just go nuts, hopefully a new generation will do the same.

Last edited:

The Grand User

Explorer
I'm liking this for the most part (though wish chapter 9 would have been a bit bigger at the expense of chapter 2, which I think would work better in a setting specific book)

I think I'll start my DMG reading at Chapter 9 ;)

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Some things I noted (p. is pages):

26 p. mini manual of the planes
3 p. NPC building
3 p. wilderness survival
5 p. traps
6 p. downtime stuff (presumably beyond the PHB)
8 p. sentient items
2 p. chases (have we ever had that in a core book?)
3 p. disease and poison
10 p. monster creation
5 p. for character options/variants
8 p. the monster lists "missing" from the MM.

And...10 p. for Stocking a Dungeon!

trystero

Explorer
thought we were going to get Dominion rules? Or was that just rampant fan speculation?

Along somewhat-similar lines, I thought we were going to get mass-combat rules, and there was an article to that effect on the Wizards site during the playtest. I'd love to have those things in the core rules, but can live without them; maybe we can get a domain/politics/battle/war-focussed expansion book somewhere down the line.

Edit: Found the link to the playtest article, The Art of War, which talked about a "Battlesystem" for the new edition.

Last edited:

Remove ads