• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Bobitron

Explorer
Tal, to be honest, wouldn't reveal much. He would speak of his history as a soldier for the Republic, but anything since his discharge would be glossed over. He has done some stuff in the last few years he wasn't proud of, and wouldn't want it brought up. Even if directly confronted, he would take the 'none of your business' route. Much of his time in space would be spent cleaning his rifle, complaining about the grub and lack of space, and occasionally mouthing off to Dofina when she gives people a hard time. Not so much to get him in trouble, but enough to let her know that she is a b*tch. ;) He also sleeps. ALOT.

Ambrus

Explorer
As for DRK-1X, like I said, anyone who's interested can just read my exchange with Felia and assume they overheard it or simply got the same general information over the intervening week. Asside from what I've already said which is fairly extensive, I can't think of much else to add for the moment. If anyone's got any questions just have your character ask 1X and it'll answer. :)

Ambrus

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
I was speaking of how dangerous Nar Shaadaa really is.....
I'm certain that Nar Shaadaa is a pretty dangerous place to hang out, as is any Hutt run territory, but in my mind at least it ranks somewhat lower than any room occupied with a powerful and vengeful Sith Lord. The former is a vague potential threat and the latter is a serious and immediate threat. Nar Shaadaa also ranks lower than a clone army occupied Taris in general because at least nobody in Nar Shaadaa is actively hunting us yet.

Here's how I index 10 different locations from least to most threatening:
• Random location on a uninhabited but habitable world
• Random location on a core-world
• Random location on a Hutt controlled world
• Random location on an enemy occupied world
• Hutt's audience chamber
• Battlefield
• Hangar Bay with powerful and vengeful Sith Lord
• Darth Vader's training hall
• Emperor's throne room
• Interior of an exploding volcano

Kemrain

First Post
At least on a battlefield or an enemy controlled world, you know who's going to shoot at you. On Nar Shadaa, anyone could plug you in the back with hot light. And on top of that, it's not as if the walkways have railings, if you know what I mean. It's as long way down, from what I hear.

The Smuggler's Moon is crawling with scum and villany, and they're all just waiting for an excuse to shoot you without any consequences. If they think they need an excuse to begin with.

- Kemrain the Afraid for Tac's Life.

Kemrain

First Post
Ambrus said:
Still one is a certain and direct threat while the other is only a vague threat of a threat.
If you call a moonfull of drunk armed sociopaths a vague threat of a threat, you're a braver droid than I.

- Kemrain the Wussy.

Ambrus

Explorer
If you call a moonfull of drunk armed sociopaths
I think you're exaggerating a bit. In episode four, Obi Wan Kenobi describes the Mos Eisley Spaceport by saying “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.” It's a spaceport on a Hutt controlled planet just like where we're going. Kenobi is an experienced Jedi, both figuratively and literally, and has been all over the galaxy; he knows what he's talking about. Although it's a rough and tumble place, simply walking around it isn't a death sentence; blood-thirsty killers aren't waiting to jump out of every shadow. Luke managed to find a buyer for his speeder, R2 and 3P0 waited patiently outside the cantina without getting stolen or dismantled and even young Anakin managed to walk around the place alone without getting accosted. As long as you mind your own business, don't step on anyone's toes and act confidently the people there will usually leave you alone. Sure there is a strong criminal element there, but criminals don't thrive in an inhospitable environment that everyone avoids. Even the worst spaceport has to be somewhat safe and accessible to ensure a steady stream of travelers through the area. The Hutt's organized crime syndicates couldn't operate otherwise; it's in their interest to ensure that travelers keep coming to Nar Shaadaa after all.
you're a braver droid than I
Well, DRK-1X did earn a level of scoundrel by serving Dofina as she consorted with the criminal element of the galaxy. I guess a trip to Nar Shaadaa is old hat to me. :cool:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Okay, all we need is Femi's reply and then if Tal wants to answer any of Felia's inquiries and then we're set to go. I hope you all have your passports.... :]

Kemrain

First Post
shadowbloodmoon said:
Okay, all we need is Femi's reply and then if Tal wants to answer any of Felia's inquiries and then we're set to go. I hope you all have your passports.... :]
We need a passport to get onto Nar Shadaa?!

Oh well, I have a Code Cylinder I payed through my nose for that should have all the relevant information for Felia Sardo in it, if it comes up. I'm doubting it would, though.

- Kemrian the Hoping That was a Joke.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads