• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Kemrain

First Post
shadowbloodmoon said:
<serious> Yes, Kemrain, that was a joke. </serious> Unfortunately, not a very good one, as I see now...
Sorry, did I forget to mention my fits of paranoia?

- Kemrain the Shifty-Eyed.

Ambrus

Explorer
Shadow, could you give me a little more background info for Dofina's contacts on Nar Shadaa, those that DRK-1X is aware of? Just a name or two and a one sentence description of their dealings would be helpful. Some clarifications on how often, if at all, Dofina and 1X have been to this moon and what the trip(s) were usually like would help me out. When were we last here? Does Dofina have any personal holdings on this moon? Does she have any enemies? It'd be cool to know this stuff since I'm supposedly playing her personal assistant.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Ambrus:

[sblock]Let's see.... Dofina doesn't have much in the way of holdings here, as this is Hutt-run territory. However, due to holdings in other places and her contacts with said Hutts, she does garner a bit of respect from them. More specifically, her main contact here is one Torrba the Serene. Torrba is a Hutt well known for his ability to remain completely calm no matter what the situation. His 'business' is mostly gun-running and gambling, though his fingers also dip into slavery and spice-mining. His first lieutenant is Kellon Greytouch, an albino Rodian that is well known for his infiltration abilities. The informant and secretary that X knows most is just called Four. She is a Corellian woman that speaks almost every language there is and she has a photographic memory.

What Dofina does for Torrba mostly includes the smuggling of goods in her 'fleet' of ships that she procured from the Trade Federation and some from pirate activities done by some of her employees. The relationship between the two is simply business. What X does for Dofina is mostly keep an eye out for opportunities and to make sure Torrba isn't double-crossing her. Dofina rarely comes to this place herself, knowing how dangerous it is, but she usually will send X, trusting in his ability to defend himself.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Shadow:[sblock]
shadowbloodmoon said:
Dofina rarely comes to this place herself, knowing how dangerous it is, but she usually will send X, trusting in his ability to defend himself.
So DRK-1X has come to this moon on occasion without Dofina? So 1X is actually more familiar with this place than she is?[/sblock]
Thanks a lot Shadow. It's interesting and much appreciated. :)

BTW, we've been playing for a while now. How are we doing xp wise? :heh:

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
[sblock]
Yes.[/sblock]

As far as XP goes, I was just getting ready to hand that out. I've had to adjust a bit because only two of you have been with us since the beginning and I don't want to leave the other two behind. I'm just not sure where to find a fair balance.

Ambrus

Explorer
Whatever you decide for xp is fine. I'm looking forward to exploring Nar Shadaa; maybe getting some credits for those eight blaster riffles... :D

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
In the interest of continuity, I've decided that Bobitron's and Kemrain's characters would have been involved in other activities during the beginning of this campaign on Taris, and therefore I decided that all would recieve the same amount of XP, in this case 900 XP each, as of the flight from Taris. I hope that seems fair for everyone. if not, we can discuss it. Oh and I posted the next section since Toric hasn't posted yet.

Ambrus

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
I hope that seems fair for everyone. if not, we can discuss it.
I don't know if it's fair or not, this is the first time I've gotten xp in a PBP campaign. Since we started the campaign roughly 90 days ago, it means we're earning xp at a rate of 10 points per day. So at this rate it'll take roughly 7 more months to reach level 4, probably by early April 2006. Is that a normal and desireable rate of advancement? Beats me; I've never done this before. If it's what you're comfortable with then I don't have any complaints. :)

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Considering I award XP based on encounters, it's probably going to vary as per the rate. I noticed some PBP games getting upwards of 1200 each after only a week's worth of play and they were similar level. Of course they all posted a lot more often, but still. If I see that we're progressing too slowly, I'll up the pace a bit to garner more chances to grab miscellaneous XP for the characters. If you progress to slowly or too fast, it tends to take the fun out of gaming, so I always try to keep a healthy balance in that department.

Remove ads