• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Kemrain

First Post
Ambrus said:
I don't know what you're so worried about. I think Torrba is basically just messing with you guys; it's what passes for a joke amongst the hutt. Saying that you know too much about his building and his operation to be let go is silly. You know less about Torrba and his operation than what is commonly know on the streets of Nar Shaada and all you've seen of this building is what he's allowed you to see: a landing pad, two hallways, a waiting room and his audience chamber. The implication that you're a credible security risk to him is laughable. Likewise, his statement that he doesn't hire anyone he can't trust is also ridiculous. Who amongst the populace of Nar Shaada is completely trustworthy to a hutt? Everybody here can be bought and he knows it. Finally his implication that he may have you killed is a bad joke. If he intended to kill you guys he wouldn't have allowed you to carry your weapons into his audience chamber where he might get injured should you guys attempt to defend yourselves.

All in all, I think he's just trying to bully you in a good natured way to see if you've got the chutzpah to stand up for yourselves. Go ahead, tell him that he should let you go or you'll shoot him. He'll probably find it funny. ;)
Pity I don't have the chutzpah to do that. Then again, I find your additude interesting when 1X isn't in a position to be killed. Might it be different if you were threatened?

Then again, looking at it this way, you might be right. We haven't been disarmed, let alone searched. We havent seen anything and he shouldn't trust his employees.

Maybe I do have the chutzpah. When I look at it, it doesn't make good sense. I might just take a different approach, especially since even if I'm not well armed, Tal is standing next to me holding a T-21 Light Repeating Blaster.

Ambrus

Explorer
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well Toric. Hope you get better soon. :heh:

Kemrain said:
Pity I don't have the chutzpah to do that. Then again, I find your additude interesting when 1X isn't in a position to be killed. Might it be different if you were threatened?
DRK-1X is in as much danger as the three other PCs. Torrba's showboating and posturing just doesn't impress or concern the droid. 1X displayed its chutzpah by choosing to ignore Torrba's empty threat altogether and inviting itself over to to join his guests on the couches. If Torrba insists on pushing it though 1X will probably respond in turn.

Last edited:

Kemrain

First Post
Why is X in danger? It's property. It is in as much danger as Dofina, as long as it doens't run its mouth or become a dusance.

- Kemrain the Unconserned for 1X.

Ambrus

Explorer
That's my point; 1X isn't in danger and neither are the three of you. Torrba has no interest in risking himself, his guests or his staff in a pointless firefight with a handful of strangers that mean nothing to him.

Ambrus

Explorer
Kemrain said:
OOC: Diplomacy +7, and making copious use of it. Ambrus, I'm hoping you're right about Torrba!
I think you're doing fine; you haven't said anything that could possibly offend him. I still think threatening to shoot him in the head would have been funnier though. :D

Ambrus

Explorer
I've switched this conversation to the OOC thread since it's kind of a tangent.
shadowbloodmoon said:
You could take a reading of the air if you'd like to determine the chemical composition of it.
That's an interesting idea, but in all honesty I don't know if DRK-1s have olfactory sensors. There's no such piece of equipment listed in any of the D20 RPG books I've read. I recall reading in the non-rpg book that 3P0 protocol droids are fitted with such sensors to allow them to interpret for aliens that use scents to communicate. I suppose that since the DRK-1 entry in the Arms and Equipment Guide listed them as being loaded down with so much redundant sensory equipment that one could assume that if an olfactory sensor did exist for droids that they'd probably have one but I wouldn't have been presumptuous enough as a player to assume they did. I suppose that one could also make an argument that a DRK-1 could potentially project some wavelengths of light through the air with their holoprojector lens and then try to execute a spectrographic analysis with their optic sensors but again I wouldn't have dared to seriously suggest it myself. If you want to assume that DRK-1s have such olfactory ability I won't argue about it though. ;)

Remove ads