[FULL] Star Wars D20 Revised Episode III - Episode IV

Ambrus

Explorer
Kemrain, in case you didn't notice, I updated my last IC post a few moments before you posted yours. Hopefully there is nothing in it that will conflict with yours. You may want to take into account what DRK-1X did in your post though. Sorry for the mix up. :heh:

Kemrain

First Post
You have wonderful timing. Let me read your post and see where it leaves me.

- Kemrain the Chronological.

I think I salvaged my post and implied what needed to be implied. The Cordon Group has proof of her business transactions with the seperatists, and that means Felia is necessary to get them to destroy it. I have a feeling that she'll convince them and then discreetly give them whatever credits Torrba gives her as payment for the service. Hopefully then THEY will pay Felia, and all her work won't be for naught.

I'm just hoping that Torrba gives us some of Dofina's stuff to use to "prove her innocence," such as this wonderful little droid...

- Kemrain the Weasly.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Kemrain said:
You have wonderful timing.
Heh. Do you know how long I had to wait to update my post at just the right moment to trip you up? :p
Kemrain said:
The Cordon Group has proof of her business transactions with the separatists, and that means Felia is necessary to get them to destroy it.
DRK-1X knows that there is evidence pointing to Dofina's involvement with the hutt and the Separatists; its own memory files are just one example. DRK-1X just wants to know what evidence Torrba is aware that the Empire has. If Torrba is serious about us recovering "any evidence pointing her activities to [Torrba]" he's got to, at the very least, tell us what evidence we're looking for and where it might be. That's what I was asking him for.
Kemrain said:
I have a feeling that she'll convince them and then discreetly give them whatever credits Torrba gives her as payment for the service. Hopefully then THEY will pay Felia, and all her work won't be for naught.
I don't really know anything about this "The Cordon Group" of yours or whether they'd be willing to help us or Dofina; they're your department.
Kemrain said:
I'm just hoping that Torrba gives us some of Dofina's stuff to use to "prove her innocence," such as this wonderful little droid...
I'm not sure whether Torrba is in a position to barter away Dofina's possessions, she may have some objections about that. Besides, I don't think he has direct access to any of her ressources aside from the eight rifles, the Geth Hound or DRK-1X. Even if Torrba did try to "give" 1X to the party Dofina would have to freely and knowingly authorize the change of ownership before the droid would stop considering her its true Mistress. 1X might comply in the short term but would continue to keep Dofina's interests as a priority in all its actions otherwise and seek to return to her service ASAP. Even if she did turn it over though she might instruct it to memory wipe itself first if she were worried about others gaining access to her secrets through 1X. :uhoh:

Last edited:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
As far as the olfactory sensors go, since the DRK model is a recon droid and it doesn't specifically say you don't have them, I'm going to rule that you do and will post the results accordingly. It just makes sense....

Bobitron

Explorer
shadowbloodmoon said:
Another voice finishes his sentence. "...know that you are indeed being followed by the Empire." The face that belongs to the voice appears from a door panel that slides open. It is impossible to not recognize the form standing there. The dark robes and menacing glare as she lets the hood down reassures you that it is not an illusion. "However, it would seem that fate would have us on a similar side this time." The Sith woman smiles and Torrba continues.

:confused:

Ambrus

Explorer
So... does anybody understand what's going on cause I'm a bit confused. :confused: I'm trying to imagine the sequence of events that lead to this moment and its not yet coming together in my head.

• Dofina and the Separatists set up shop on Taris.
• Dofina has a secret hangar built on Taris and parks her two ships there.
• Republic forces arrive and launch an attack on the Separatist base.
• Dofina and Felia try to reach the hangar through an underground tunnel but it collapses.
• Local insurgents loyal to the republic join the clones in the fighting.
• At some point, somebody who knows where to find Dofina's hangar blasts a hole in it.
• The blast is so well positioned that it knocks out the hangar's security system and
cloaking field without so much as scratching either ship.
• Order 66 is issued and the clones turn on Femi and his master.
• Femi runs into the woods leaving his master behind as per his instructions.
• Femi's master, alone, continues fighting a handful of clone troopers and survives.
• DRK-1X meets up with Femi in the forest.
• Felia and Dofina dig their way out of the ground in the forest.

Now, by this point, the Republic attack is mostly over and they're starting to swarm over the Separatist installations. Less than two minutes have gone by since the beginning of the attack. The explosion at the hangar must have occurred during those two minutes because if it had happened sooner then the Separatists would have heard it at the command center and been forewarned. By this point, the Sith lady is and probably has been on the planet for a little while before the attack since trying to land while the clones are swarming all over the area with their LAATs would be a little tricky. She knows where to find the hangar and may very well have been the cause of the initial explosion at the hangar. She knows Dofina and supposedly has already gotten the security codes for Dofina's ships. Now the problem is, if she had the codes, why would she have needed to blow a hole in the hangar to get in and why wouldn't she have just walked in through that hole instead of burning her way through the back door? It's also possible that some clones knew about the hangar before the attack and were charged with reaching the hangar during the beginning of the battle, blow a hole in it and plant the two homing devices, but why? It's also possible that someone else knew about the fight beforehand, blew the hole in the hangar, ran in and attached a homing device to both ships and then ran out before anyone else showed up, but it's also possible that the homing devices were planted long before the fight ever started but by who and why? :confused:

• The Sith lady makes her way to the hangar at the same time that the first squadron
of clone troopers reaches the hangar. A fight ensues.
• The second squadron of clone troopers, unaware of the first and lead by Tal, shows
up at the hangar and Tal heads in.
• DRK-1X, Felia and Dofina all show up at the hangar and DRK-1X heads in.
• The Sith Lady finishes off the clone troopers and heads in; a fight ensues.
• The Sith Lady reveals that she has Dofina's secret codes for the ship and that she wants
a "device" off of the ship.
• Femi, Felia and Dofina enter the hangar.
• The Sith lady, defeated, runs out of the hangar without the "device".
• Felia, Dofina, DRK-1X, Femi and Tal pile onto the ship and leave Taris.
• Dofina's hangar self destructs with the remaining ships behind.
• The Sith Lady, injured but still on Taris, runs into Femi's Jedi Master, subdues him and
throws him into the back of her own ship. Why? Why not!
• The occupying clone army doesn't stop the Sith lady from leaving Taris.
• The Sith lady, either tracking Dofina or by an educated guess, successfully figures out
where Dofina is heading and likewise sets a course for Nar Shaada.
• Because she's got a faster ship, the Sith Lady actually passes Dofina and reaches
Nar Shaada a few hours ahead of her.
• The Sith lady hands Femi's Jedi Master to Torrba the hutt.
• They plan out Dofina's imminent arrival and work out the timing of their big reveal.
• The Sith lady takes her position behind a door in Torrba's audience chamber and waits.
• We show up.
• Torrba speaks with Dofina and then has her drugged.
• Torrba asks us to find the person who planted the homing device on Dofina's ship.

Does this all add up? Did I miss anything? Opinions? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sounds pretty accurate to me, Ambrus. All I can say is this story has been very entertaining so far, to say the least.

Shadow, excellent job! I love what you've done here so far. And you have Femi all tied up in knots...

Ambrus

Explorer
Toric_Arthendain said:
Sounds pretty accurate to me, Ambrus. All I can say is this story has been very entertaining so far, to say the least.
It's certainly been interesting and I'm glad my summary is fairly accurate but it unfortunately doesn't help me figure out quite what Torrba or the Sith is talking about yet. To quote a famous A.I.: "Need input!" ;)

Remove ads