Fullmetal Alchemist - Lure of the Flames (Recruiting)

Jemal

Adventurer
Jkason - Not sure about hero lab, but the actual formula for jumping is 10+str mod + Acrobatics check.
That's the rules for Running Long Jump. Standing long jump is half that distance, high (vertical) jump is 1/4.
You have a str mod of +5 and +10 acrobatics , so assuming you take 10 on an acrobatics check, that's a total of 10+5+20=35 feet, X10 for leaping = 350'.
350' running long jump, 175' standing long jump, 87' high jump.

Nali - yeah looks like we've both been 'bleh' lately. I'm workin on my updated character.

hero4hire

Explorer
I wanted to say thanks for turning me on to FMA.

I love the storyline though if you added a cat-person it would have all the things I hate in an anime. (big sweat drop...even if you don't sweat. Wavy tears, turning white...that kinda crap) But the plot wins out.

Is it just me or does Al sound like Linus from Peanuts?

Nali

First Post
Okay... so I had to take a few more days off than I had intended, and apologies for that everyone. A touch ill became a lot more very quickly. =/

Anyways, It doesn't look like there is too much that I missed anyways, but I'll get down to it:

Jemal: Looking forward to the finished version!

jkason: Just to clarify what I meant earlier about the device comment, If you make them into a device you'll get a few extra points to spend, at the cost of the fact that you will lose all the powers if they are taken from you etc. You are correct that remote automail doesn't really work, and I actually like the detachable "Rocket Punch" sorta thing.

Thank you for the get well message. =)

Hero: Glad I could get you into the series, if you come up with a concept later I'll probably still have a spot the way things are going.

Beyond that, I'm just really waiting on character ideas from the rest of you. =)

Shayuri

First Post
Hee

I'm stuck between a chimera and a 'wind' alchemist.

I think I'll just work them both up over the weekend and see which one seem better. :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hmmm how came that I missed this? I'm definitly interested if you'll take me!

I'm thinking of playing a non alchemist pc, on that topic, I'll like to know if I can tweak the power balance on the stats, and move power points from Powers to Feats or other places, since my character would probably have very few special powers.

My basic idea would be sort of an improvised weapon fighter, former tests subject (from where I'll drive special power if any) that frowns upon alchemy. Perhaps a little old, like a wise man that breaks your nose with a broomstick (Jackie Chan combat style).

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Here's a VERY Work In Progress sheet for my Wind Alchemist.

This concept is of a State Alchemist who has a pair of fans with permanent transmutation circles engraved on them. Reshaping air lets her create concussive gusts of wind that can knock people off their feet, stir up dust and debris to act as a smokescreen, or even propel small, hard objects at dangerously high speeds. By concentrating carbon dioxide in the air around a person she can cut off their oxygen supply as well. Last, but not least, she wears a specially modified uniform that has flaps and other air-catching surfaces that enable her to lauch herself over long distances (Leap and Flight with the Glide Only flaw).

Note - this sheet is far from finished and will be updated many times before it's ready for primetime. That said, suggestions and comments are welcome.

[sblock=Wind Alchemist]Wind Alchemist
PL 11
180 pts

Attributes: 25
Str 11
Dex 18
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 16
Cha 14

Combat/Saves: 35
Attack Bonus: +5
Defense: 16 (13 w/out Dodge)
Toughness +1
Fort +6 (5pts)
Reflex +8 (4pts)
Will +6 (4 pts)

Skills (20) 10pts
Acrobatics
Concentration
Drive
Knowledge Alchemy
Knowledge Military
Language
Notice
Stealth
Survival

Feats 10?

Powers
Amestrian Alchemy +5 (3pts/lvl), 15pts

Wind Alchemy (Power Loss: Requires Fans -1pt): 25
Trip +11 (Ranged, Knockback; 2pts/lvl), 22pts
AP Trip +11 (Burst Area, Knockback; 2pts/lvl), 1pt
AP Blast +7 (Autofire; 3pts/lvl), 1pt
AP Suffocate +7, 3pts/lvl, 1pt
AP Tornado (3pts/lvl), 1pt
Obscure +5 (Visual/Audio, Link to Env Control, Duration: Concentration; 2pts/lvl)
Environmental Control +5 (Hamper Movement to 1/4, Link to Obscure, Dureation: Concentration; 1pts/lvl)

Leap +3, (Power Loss: Requires Fans and Uniform -1; 1pt/lvl -1), 2pts
Flight +4 (Gliding, Duration: Concentration, Power Loss: Requires Fans and Uniform -1; 1pt/2lvl -1), 1pts
Deflect +10 (Slow projectile, Move Action, Power Loss: Requires Fans -1; 2pts/lvl -1), 19pp
Super Movement: Slow Fall (Power Loss: Requires Fans -1; 2pts/lvl -1); 1pt

Attributes 25, Combat/Saves 35, Skills 10, Feats 10, Powers 63, Total 143[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nali

First Post
I really need to f5 more. Completely missed that there have been updates for days now. >.<

Aaaanyways. It looks like we've got four people so far, with Rurik sitting in the wings. I'm hoping for 5-6, so we'll hopefully be able to get started pretty soon.

Shayuri - Looks good so far. You mentioned flight but I don't see it on your early sheet. Generally speaking I'm kind of touchy about flight in any setting where it isn't readily available, because it has a bad tendency to wreck balance.

That said, I'm open to concentration based flight. I don't know if that appeals to you at all. Other than that I like the character so far, looking forward to seeing the finished version.

Voda Vosa - Still accepting so far. I'm willing to open things up a little seeing as you want less powers not more (My goal with the spread at the start is to encourage people to diversify and not twink basically.) Leave say... 20 points in powers with the rest in freebies?

Jemal - Having considered it... selective is out, but your shapable is fine with one caveat, the power has to streach outwards from you. Basically the first 5 foot square must be adjacent to you. I'll edit the restrictions on the front page to reflect this asap.

Thats all for now folks.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, this Flight is very restricted. First, it's got the Glide flaw, so it can't be used to gain altitude. Second, it requires her to be wearing this specially made "air catching" uniform. And requiring Concentration is actually not a bad idea, since she has to use alchemy to control airflow AND control her own movements to steer all at the same time. Not much time to do anything else.

Nali

First Post
Arr, this Flight is very restricted. First, it's got the Glide flaw, so it can't be used to gain altitude. Second, it requires her to be wearing this specially made "air catching" uniform. And requiring Concentration is actually not a bad idea, since she has to use alchemy to control airflow AND control her own movements to steer all at the same time. Not much time to do anything else.

So long as you're willing to abide by those restrictions I don't have a significant complaint about this form of flight. I am curious, how do you plan to get airborne? Is it Leap then glide?

Shayuri

First Post
That, or start out from a high place already, yep. The Leap creates a short lived vortex of air under her that propels her upwards. From there she can either coast on a ballistic trajectory and create a quick backdraft to land safely...or she can switch to a glide at the apex of the leap.

Remove ads