Fullmetal Alchemist - Lure of the Flames (Recruiting)

Jemal

Adventurer
Nali - That works fine, there's actually a suggested way to do just that in the book, just make the base range of the power Touch, and it starts at you (Which makes sense for the power, He starts the ground moving and it streams outward from him). Also to account for the price drop, I added a Trip effect to it, representing the rolling earth knocking people down, which fits nicely :D

Well, here's version 2.0

[sblock=Col. William, Earth Alchemist]
William, the Flowing Earth Alchemist - PL 11

Abilities:
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 18 (+4)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHA 12 (+1)

Movement: 100ft, Jump 185 ft

Combat :
Offense:
Base Attack +6
Attacks:
Officers Sword: +12, Toughness DC 25, Crit 19-20
Earth Spike: +12, Toughness DC 25
Earth Blast: Reflex DC 21, Toughness DC 26, Shapeable Area(22 5' cubes)

Defenses:
Defense 20 (+4 Base +6 dodge)
Toughness +12 (5 Equipment +3 con +4 Dodge)
Fort +10 (7 base + 3 con), Reflex +10 (6 base + 4 dex), Will +8 (7 base + 1 wis)

Skills: (68 ranks) *=Skill Mastery
Knowledges: Alchemy(+12/10)*; Earth Sciences(+6/4); Military(+6/4);
Bluff(+12/11), Diplomacy(+8/6), Notice(+12/11)*, Acrobatics(+15/11)*, Sense Motive(+12/11)*

Feats(23): Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 6, Luck 2, Accurate Attack, All-out attack, Power Attack, Defensive Attack, Assessment, Benefit: Military Rank 3, Equipment, Skill Mastery(Acrobatics, Sense Motive, Notice, Knowledge:Alchemy), Uncanny Dodge

Powers(53):
Alchemy Rank 3 (9 pts) - Transform, Only Inanimate Objects(5 base), PF: ProgressionX3, Must draw circle [Touch(-1), Distracting(-1), Action(-1)] *50 pounds*
Earth Alchemy 4 (4 pts) - Enhanced Alchemy Limited to Earth(-1), *1000 pounds*

Earth Spike(25 pts): Blast Rank 10 - Penetrating(+1), PF: AccurateX3, Indirect, Limited[Earth(-1)]
AP Earth Blast: Blast 11, Area: Shapeable(+1), PF: ProgressionX1, Touch Range(-1), Limited[Earth(-1)], Linked: Trip 11, PF: Improved Trip

Officers Sword (9 pts - Device Rank 3)
-Strike Rank 8, PF: Mighty, AccurateX3, Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Improved Crit

Earthshaper boots (6 pts - Device rank 2, Limited: Earth)
-Speed 1 (1 pt), Leaping 2 (2 pts), Immovable 3 (3 pts), Immunity: Falling onto Earth(2 pts), Sure-footed(2 pts)

Unknown Powers: 20 pts

Equipment:
Officers Breast Plate(5 ep)

Drawbacks:
Tradeoffs: -1 def/+1 tough, +1 atk/-1 dmg
Spent:
26 Abilities + 20 Combat + 20 Saves + 17 Skills + 23 Feats + 53 Powers +20 Unknown = 179
Had:
25 abilities + 35 combat/saves + 20 skills/feats + 55 powers + 35 freebies + 10 Unknown = 180

Many of Williams powers are Limited to earth-based effects.
Earth Alchemy: fairly self-explanatory - William is better at Transmuting Earth/stone than he is at everything else
Earth Spike/Blast: The attack juts out from the earth, so is limited to only being able to strike those near Earth/Stone: Up a tree, or on top of a building, or inside a train would make it unusable. Earth Spike is a single Stalagmite striking, Earth Blast is a rolling wave of earth.
Earthsaper Boots: They have a permanent, very well-drawn Alchemy circle on them which helps William in several ways, allowing him to 'push' off the ground much faster/harder than normal by making it push back (Increasing his speed and jumping abilities and making him harder to move when he doesn't want to be.
[/sblock]

Nali

First Post
Glad to see we're on the same page of things Jemal. I'm also really glad I looked into the book before posting this. Was going to disagree with the whole area based touch effect, then I actually read the damn rules. >.<

Everyone else is coming along well I hope?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, after much thought, I came up with this concept. As usual, in this manga there's a lot of "old-wise" folk around, I intend this character to be one of them. He is an old martial artist, that has left the fight a long time ago. He is happy serving as warden and elder of the small Ishibar village in which he lives, hidden in the mountains; but when he learns about the perils that are growing in the far lands, he decides to take cards in the matter, as he understand his village would not be safe for much, if this is allow to grow to bigger proportions.

Juanjo

571px-Elder.jpg

[sblock=Abilities ( 32 pp)]
Strength: 18 (+ 4 )
Dexterity: 16 (+ 3 )
Constitution: 16 (+ 3 )
Intelligence: 14 (+ 2 )
Wisdom: 16 (+ 3 )
Charisma: 12 (+ 1 )[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat ( 28 pp)]
Attack Melee: 15
Attack Ranged: 11
Grapple: 19
Defense: 8
Initiative: 7 [/sblock]

[sblock=Attacks]
Spear: + 15 Attack for DC: 22 Range: 20 ft
Thrown object: + 11 Attack for DC: 19+Object Toughness Range: Depends
Fists of Stone: + 15 Attack for DC: 22 Range: Melee
Bow: + 11 for DC: 22 Range: 40 ft
[/sblock]

[sblock=Saves ( 18 pp) ]
Toughness: 3
Fortitude: 9
Reflex: 9
Will: 9 [/sblock]

[sblock=Skills ( 19 pp)]
11 ( 8 ) Acrobatics
12 ( 8 ) Athletics
11 ( 8 ) Concentration
5 ( 4 ) Diplomacy
7 ( 4 ) Escape Artist
6 ( 4 ) Knowledge (Streetwise)
7 ( 4 ) Medicine
11 ( 8 ) Notice
10 ( 8 ) Search
11 ( 8 ) Sense Motive
11 ( 8 ) Stealth
7 ( 4 ) Survival
[/sblock]

[sblock=Feats] ( 37 pp)

Power attack 1
All out attack 1
Defensive attack 1
Dodge focus 7
Hide in Plain sight 1
Move by action 1
Improved initiative 1
Assessment 1
Elusive Target 1
Equipment 3
Improved Grab 1
Imp. Trip 1
Quickdraw 2
Imp. Block 1
Weapon bind 1
Weapon break 1
Instant up 1
Imp. Disarm 1
Throw mastery 4
Melee focus 4
Chokehold 1
Stunning Attack 1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Powers] Rank [Cost] ( 46 pp)

Fists of Stone (Strike) 3 [ 3 ]
-Mighty 1 [ 1 ]

Unknown 10 [ 10 ]

Chi (Boost) 11 [ 22 ]
-AP: Chi (Healing) 1 [ 1 ]
-Action Extra (Move)

Immunity 9 [ 9 ]
-Critical hits, suffocation, fatigue
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment] Name Cost Bonus
Spear 7 +3 dmg, reach
Bow 9 +3 dmg, range[/sblock]

Nali

First Post
Yay, another mostly complete character. =)

Just a couple of things I noticed as I was going to bed:

- Your defenses seem really low unless I'm missing something. Its fine if its intentional, but it seems like it would be pretty fatal. o.o

- I've been glancing in the book but have yet to find an answer. How does immunity to fatigue sync up with extra effort.

- I'm wondering if the limited flaw might make its way into the suffocation immunity. You can leave it as is if you'd like, but it just seems odd that the old man quite literally does not need to breath.

Other than that, I like him. =)

Jemal

Adventurer
I've always seen it ruled(And done so myself) that immunity to fatigue/exhaustion does not apply to Extra Effort (Otherwise people would take it all the time and extra effort everything).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yeah, I always ruled it like Jemal said too, otherwise it would be kinda powergame, should have clarified.
About the suffocation I can add the limited flaw, so it's only for certain amount of time. An hour? The idea would be that he has such a mastery in the control of his own body that he can lower his respiratory needs at almost 0.
Defenses seemed fine to me, +9 in every roll gives an average of 19. I'ts pretty similar to the alchemist Jemal posted. Besides I can boost them when I use the Chi power to boos the ability scores.

Nali

First Post
Ohhhh, Pluuuuus 9. Sorry, I was reading Jemal's and seeing 19, then reading yours and seeing nine. >.<

I'm happy with an hour of activity, or six hours of inactivity (Say if you decide to basically meditate and manually control your breathing.)

In addition, having looked through your sheet a little closer I am concerned about one thing. I didn't notice the first time through that you had boost. Mostly I'm curious what you're going to be using it for. =)

hero4hire

Explorer
In addition, having looked through your sheet a little closer I am concerned about one thing. I didn't notice the first time through that you had boost. Mostly I'm curious what you're going to be using it for. =)

With Chi he would be able to Boost his Str, Dex or Con by 11.

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
alrighty my apoligies for absolutely no activity until now but i do have a mostly complete character to post :)

Name:Joshua

[sblock]Abilities
Str/14/+2 4pts
dex/18/+4 8pts
Con/16/+3 6pts
Int/13/+1 3pts
Wis/14/+2 4pts
Cha/10/+0 0pts [/sblock]

[sblock] Combat
attack melee 10
defence 10
Init 8[/sblock]

[sblock]
saves
Tough +6/+9
Fort +8
Reflex +8
Will +4 [/sblock]

[sblock]
Powers/Devices

Device: Sword Ranks5
Attack Strike Rank 8 (mighty)(Autofire(+1)) +12,Tough DC 25
Burst Strike Rank 8 area: Burst(5) Reflex 21 Tough 26
Protection Ranks 3
Speed Rank 3=30mph
Deflect Rank 10
Leaping Rank 1
Spinning Rank 2
Super Senses Rank 5
Danger Sense 1
Distance Sense 1
Low Light Vision 1
Transmutation Rank (18) Inanimate Object,Touch(-1),Action(-1)
Unknown Power 32pts
[/sblock]

[sblock]
Feats
Evasion
Improved Init
Power Attack
Fearsome Pressence
Defensive Rollx2
Attack Focus(melee)x2
[/sblock]

[sblock]