Fullmetal Alchemist - Lure of the Flames (Recruiting)

Nali

First Post
Okay, didn't mean to leave you guys waiting so long on my reply here, but I'm in the process of moving to my new place and getting some hardcore dental work done, so I'm touch and go.

With Ruik added in I believe that gives us the five PC's that I wanted: Jemal, Shayuri, Hero, Voda and Ruik. I'm going to leave Recruitment open until... next Monday in the case anyone really has their heart suddenly set on this.

As I said though, I'm moving to my new place at the start of this upcoming week. I'm going to close recruitment on Monday, and I plan to start the campaign up as soon as I have reliable internet access at my new place. Depending on if we have an unsecured wireless, this may be as early as this upcoming Tuesday, or as late as the following Tuesday.

Ruik - I'll be going over your character later today or early tomorrow, depending on my schedule.

BBs

First Post
Very interesting campaign, anyway I could join as a poor slum lass who joined the military in order to get by? :D

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
New WIP...much closer to final format. Decided to make all the powers that required the special fans part of a Device that required special training to use (basically, the transmutation equipped war fans aren't something that just anyone can pick up and use effectively, you need Wind Alchemy training to use the circle, and tessenjutsu training to use the iron fans in combat effectively). That cleans up a lot of 1 point Power Loss drawbacks. Also lets me get some combat ability out of those fans by making them Japanese tessen rather than paper.

What she's doing with knowledge of how to use them in Amestria is a bit trickier. Working it into the backstory. She may be a foreign-born national, or something...

[sblock=Wind Alchemist]Wind Alchemist
PL 11
180 pts

Attributes: 26
Str 12
Dex 18
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 16
Cha 14

Combat/Saves: 35
Attack Bonus: +5
Defense: 20 (10 + 6 base + 4 power) (13 w/out Dodge)
Toughness +6 (+1 w/out dodge)
Fort +6 (5pts)
Reflex +8 (4pts)
Will +6 (4 pts)

Skills (20) 10pts
Acrobatics
Concentration
Drive
Knowledge Alchemy
Knowledge Military
Language
Notice
Stealth
Survival

Feats 10
Attractive 1
Uncanny Dodge (hearing) 1
Defensive Roll 5
Attack Focus (ranged) 2
Equipment (5pts) 1

Powers
Amestrian Alchemy +10 (3pts/lvl), 30pts

Tessen - "Iron War Fans"
Device +12 (Easily Lost, Usable only by trained in wind alchemy/tessenjutsu; 3pp/lvl +1, 60pts) 37pp
Air Control +11 (2pts/lvl +4), 26pts
AP Trip +11 (Burst Area, Knockback; 2pts/lvl), 1pt
AP Blast +7 (Autofire; 3pts/lvl), 1pt
AP Suffocate +7, 3pts/lvl, 1pt
AP Tornado (3pts/lvl), 1pt
--Obscure +5 (Visual/Audio, Link to Env Control, Duration: Concentration; 2pts/lvl)
--Environmental Control +5 (Hamper Movement to 1/4, Link to Obscure, Dureation: Concentration; 1pts/lvl)

Strike +2 (PF Mighty; 1pp/rnk +1), 3pts
Shield +4 (1pp/rnk), 4pp
Leap +3, (1pt/lvl), 3pts
Flight +4 (Gliding, Duration: Concentration; 1pt/2lvl), 2pts
Deflect +10 (Slow projectile, Move Action; 2pts/lvl), 20pp
Super Movement: Slow Fall (2pts/lvl); 2pt

Attributes 26, Combat/Saves 35, Skills 10, Feats 10, Powers 67, Total 148[/sblock]

Nali

First Post
Still a little chaotic here due to the whole packing and moving thing, so forgive the short response.

Shayuri - Looks good to me thus far. As a bit of help for the whole fan thing, it wouldn't be a leap for the Military to have sent or accepted some 'exchange' soldiers from Xing.

BB - So long as you can have your character finished by the time I'm ready to start it up, feel free.

Ruik - Character seems pretty much fine to me. I'm a little curious at the fluff behind some of it (Burst area sword? o.0) But otherwise good.

Umm... so yeah, thats it. I'll probably do one more update tomorrow before I move.

BBs

First Post
Actually sorry for the change of mind, but I remebered when I played the table top, I didn't play the male weapon master I kinda thought, and I regretted it. So I'll play the high ranking male Military Weapon Master this time, if that's okie dokie with you. I'll have him finished before we'll start. :D Um ... any idea when this campaign will start even, with the whole moving and all?

Nali

First Post
Well... good news everyone!

Turns out that my new landlord was actually including internet in the bills for my new place. This is awesome, both for the monetary reasons, and for the fact I don't have to go like.... a week without internet.

With that said, I intend to start the campaign no later than this upcoming Friday. I will start it sooner so long as everyone is ready to play. =)

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'll be up to start right away, although I'll be moving too this thursday (flying from Canada to Argentina) so I'll be limited after that for a few days.

BBs

First Post
Here's me weapon master, Robert Berthold

Description: Robert Berthold is a very devilishly handsome man, with brown eyes and black streak spiked hair. He's always in uniform, or would be in some sort of fancy formal clothing. He has a sniper rifle strapped to his back with a silencer, and two big handguns in holsters at both sides his hip.

Background: Robert Berthold never believed in using alchemy, but that didn't stop him from joining the military at a young age. Since he refused to follow alchemy, they gave him a gun and ordered him to aim and shoot. Now only being in his late twenties, he has become a master marksman. Being the best of the best, he can use a bow, hand-gun, sniper, or even any big heavy gun to the best of its abilities. Sadly his skills were only recognized after the dark times of Amestris. Although not only known to be a master marksman, he is also a detective. He is always reliable at finding out secrets.

With all his skills being known, it comes to no surprise to Robert that he is being called to investigate the mysterious disappearances over the Grand Eastern Rail.

Abilities: 22 Pts
STR 14/2
DEX 18/4
CON 14/2
INT 12/1
WIS 12/1
CHA 12/1

Combat: 22 pts
Attack: 11
Defense: 21 (+11 Dodge Focus)
Grapple: 13
Initiative: 8
Attacks
Unarmed Combat: +11 Toughness DC 17
Dual Pistols: +11 Toughness DC 26 + Penetrating
Sniper Rifle: +11 Toughness DC 26 + Penetrating

Saves: 18 pts
Fort: +8 (+6 base +2 Con)
Ref: +10 (+6 base +4 Dex)
Will: +7 (+6 base +1 Will)
Toughness: +9 (+2 con +3 Vest +4 Defensive Roll)

Skills: 29 pts
Acrobatics: +12 (+8 Ranks, +4 Dex)
Bluff: +1 normally / +16 if Attractive works
Climb: +2
Computers: +1
Concentration: +1
Craft: +1
Diplomacy: +1 / +16 if Attractive works
Disable Device: +13(+12 Ranks +1 int)
Disguise: +1
Drive: +4
Escape Artist: +12(+8 Ranks, +4 Dex)
Gather Information: +13(+12 Ranks, +1 Cha)
Handle Animal: +1
Intimidate: +1
Investigate: +13(+12 Ranks, +1 Int)
Knowledge: Black History +13(+12 Ranks, +1 Int)
Language:
Medicine: +1
Notice: +13(12 Ranks + 1 Wis)
Perform: +1
Pilot: +4
Profession: +1
Ride: +4
Search: +13(+12 Ranks, +1 int)
Sense Motive: +1
Sleight of Hand: +12(+8 Ranks, +4 Dex)
Stealth: +12(+8 Ranks, +4 Dex)
Survival: +13(12 Ranks + 1 Wis)
Swim: +2

Feats: 47 pts
Attractive Rank 4, Ambidexterity, Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Power Attack, Defensive Roll Rank 4, Dodge Focus Rank 11, Elusive Target, Equipment Rank 8, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Jack of all Trades, Move-by Action, Precise Shot Rank 2, Quick Draw Rank 2, Uncanny Dodge Rank 1, Benefit: Military Rank 2

Powers: 42 pts
Heightened Reflexes (Leaping Rank 1, Quickness Rank 1, Speed Rank 1) = 3 PP
Precision Mastery (Blast Rank 11 + Penetrating Extra) = 33 PP
Unknown Power Rank 6 = 6 PP

Devices: 40 Equipment Points
Sniper Rifle + Supressor + Stun Ammo = 15 EP
2 Heavy Pistols + Stun Ammo = 18 EP
Undercover Vest = 4 EP
Binoculars = 1 EP
Flashlight = 1 EP
Walkie Talkies (or any form of commlink if allowed) = 1 EP

Power Points Total: Abilities 22 + Combat 22 + Saves 18 + Skills 29 + Feats 47 + Powers 42 = 180

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
With Ruik added in I believe that gives us the five PC's that I wanted: Jemal, Shayuri, Hero, Voda and Ruik.

Been out of town for the past week and unable to post, catching up now. While there was a brief back and forth about making his limbs devices instead of automail, I had thought Jericho "Spider" Carrington was okay as-is before this, but maybe that assumption and my subsequent silence was read as giving up? No worries. I think the others may have a better handle on the setting, anyway, and with trying to catch up at work and on here since my absence, I wouldn't have much time to re-configure him as device-y instead of auto-mail-y for a couple of days. :)

Remove ads