• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order(Full)

doghead

thotd
Yeah, A little more damage, but better stun damage would be nice. I don't think Devlin is the bloodthirsty type (stomach too weak for it?)

On the other hand, with his low to hit bonus, longer range is going to mean he suffers fewer range penalties. Humm. A couple of options would be great. Thanks DR.

dead_radish

Explorer
Doghead: See the IC thread for the weapons. ;) Here are the relevant stats on them:

Imperial Munitions/SoroSuub SC-4 Blaster Pistol
Weapon Type: Blaster Pistol Cost: 500
Proficiency Group: Blaster Pistols Critical: 20
Damage: 3d6 Weight: 1 Kg
Range Increment: 12 m Type: Energy
Fort DC: 15 Size: Small
Multifire/Autofire: M Break DC: 15
Hardness: 5 WP: 2

Special: A tracking device in the grip records when and where this weapon is fired. When in range of the global positioning network, it transmits this information to an Imperial tracking computer.

SoroSuub ELG-3A
Damage: 3d6 Weight: 0.5 Kg
Range Increment: 10 m Type: Energy
Fort DC: 17 Size: Small
Hardness: 4 WP: 2

Merr-Sonn Model 44
Damage: 3d6 Weight: 1 Kg
Fort DC: 15 Size: Small
Multifire/Autofire: M Break DC: 14
Hardness: 5 WP: 2

Lobo: For mods, you can have two "personal" mods, which only work for you, and 1 custom mod, which works for anyone. Each one will cost 1/4 the price of the weapon to add. It will take a few days - basically, it's a craft check to make an item that costs 150% of the weapon's cost. You can use the gun as normal until I'm done.

I can put:

Longer range - +1/2 the range, rounded down to the nearest even number (10 becomes 14, 30 becomes 44)
More damage - +1 damage, -1 to hit.
More accuracy - +1 to hit, -1 damage.
Higher threat - +1 to threat range (Only once)
Less weight - reduce the weight by half (Only once)
Less mf penalty - reduce the multifire penalty by 1 (only once)
Less RS penalty - reduce the rapid shot penalty by 1 (only once)
More stun - increase the stun DC by 2
Harden - Increase the hardness by 2 and wound points by 2

This works on Blaster pistols too, and they can have 3 personal and 2 custom. So a fully mod'ed blaster can be expensive, but can have some impressive stats.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thanks! Quite handy (and expensive). I think I might be interested in the +2 Stun DC (anyone) and the reduced RF & MF penalties (personal). That is, if Ankh okay'd it and if I ever had enough money... my rifle is already masterwork +1.

doghead

thotd
dead_radish said:
Doghead: See the IC thread for the weapons. ;) Here are the relevant stats on them:

SoroSuub ELG-3A
Damage: 3d6 Weight: 0.5 Kg
Fort DC: 17 Size: Small
Hardness: 4 WP: 2

Lobo: For mods, you can have two "personal" mods, which only work for you, and 1 custom mod, which works for anyone. Each one will cost 1/4 the price of the weapon to add. It will take a few days - basically, it's a craft check to make an item that costs 150% of the weapon's cost. You can use the gun as normal until I'm done.

I can put:

Longer range - +1/2 the range, rounded down to the nearest even number (10 becomes 14, 30 becomes 44)
More damage - +1 damage, -1 to hit.
More accuracy - +1 to hit, -1 damage.
Higher threat - +1 to threat range (Only once)
Less weight - reduce the weight by half (Only once)
Less mf penalty - reduce the multifire penalty by 1 (only once)
Less RS penalty - reduce the rapid shot penalty by 1 (only once)
More stun - increase the stun DC by 2
Harden - Increase the hardness by 2 and wound points by 2

This works on Blaster pistols too, and they can have 3 personal and 2 custom. So a fully mod'ed blaster can be expensive, but can have some impressive stats.

The ELG-3A seems the go, with increased Stun x2 (personal mod, Stun DC +4). DC 21 should stop most opponents. Increased range (custom mod) will reduce his penalties as well (at range). +350% or +175 Cr. Sold if AMG agrees, and Sri is willing.

Devlin is going to talk to Rannick about getting access to the armoury for the squad. Seems to me that should cut the cost a bit. :p Not sure if this blatent attempt at an in game fiddle will work, but we'll see what AMG says.

I still think some light body armour might be an idea. Devlin really isn't that keen on being shot. A point or two of DR is a comforting thing when you have only 6VP. Blaster proof vest anyone?

A little H2H practice while we are down in the training complex. Devlin punches better than he shoots (but not by much).

dead_radish

Explorer
I can do that. And I think getting the equipment definately comes under the "Favor" category, so for nobles, it's a class feature, not an in-game fiddle. ;)

It will take a bit of time to do, though - It's my craft check * ranks in craft (iirc), and I have to total 750 each time. I think it'll be a week or so per mod, so it depends on downtime. I can probably increase that number a bit with some careful choices, though.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
You could always ask one of the armory techs to AID you. That'd give you a +2 to your check for each of them. ;) A star destroyer is bound to have at least a squad of these guys on board.

doghead

thotd
You could ask Devlin to help, but that would probably get you a penalty.

I assume that the upgrades don't need to be done all at once. So one "increase stun" mod would do for a start. If Sri starts charging for the work done, he will soon have enough to retire on.

BTW, AMG. What are we wearing with regards to uniforms? The Stormtroopers are canned, obviously. But SW never really seemed to have much other than the one uniform for all occasions. So Devlin has been running around in his ISB kit I assume. When the thought hit me, the word 'motley' sprang to mind. What would it have been, 5 different uniforms?

So thought the head of the dog, wot we needs is Watkins. Which Watkins depends on what we are asked to next of course.

Remove ads