Game of Death is recruiting players, deadline 7/19

Jemal

Adventurer
The only problem I see with this is that 4E is balanced for parties vs Monsters, it does not (IMO) work well for solo play (especially pvp).

Dr Midnight

Explorer
The only problem I see with this is that 4E is balanced for parties vs Monsters, it does not (IMO) work well for solo play (especially pvp).

That's what makes character generation interesting. In 3.5, you could reliably win a G.o.D. with a large character wielding a spiked chain. In 4e, who knows? I've heard a theory, but I won't repeat it. Taking G.o.D. seriously is all about min-maxing and trying to find a perfect build and strategy... which, hopefully, is a vacation from how one normally plays D&D.

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
We've had this discussion over on Gleemax for the Battle Nexus. Our solution was to run the 4E version with teams instead of singles (though we're doing a singles tournament as well to try it out). Teams of three or four facing off against each other.

Walking Dad

First Post
We've had this discussion over on Gleemax for the Battle Nexus. Our solution was to run the 4E version with teams instead of singles (though we're doing a singles tournament as well to try it out). Teams of three or four facing off against each other.

This sounds like a great idea. And would be much more fair (one enemy lockdown with feylock vs cleric without teamwork powers :confused:).

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Well, it's my idea, I guess I'll DM.

I need 7 more players! 4th edition rules, 10th level, core books and DDI Dragon issues only.

People who want in:
WarlockLord
FloatingDisc
WalkingDad
*DM invite slot*
*DM invite slot*
*DM invite slot*

A note: last time I ran one of these here, I had to play with DDK. I don't know if any of you remember him but he was a whiny little rules lawyering troll. I'd like to keep that kind of play out of this one.

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Two teams of five will fight until one team is wiped out... then it'll be every man for himself until the sole winner is standing. Sooo design your characters accordingly. I'll not be saying much on the subject until the characters are solidified.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I would like to play. If insider material would be allowed I would love to play a human wizard / Illusionist.
So, I will try to go with eladrin wizard.

Remove ads