Gamedays

Henry

Autoexreginated
THAT Pencil? It is DEAD to me! *ptui!*

Seriously, Game days are to me one of the three best things that ever came out of Enworld. (I feel like Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition - I keep revising that number.) Joshua's dead on. All it takes is drive - and a preponderance of ENWorlders in your area.

I'd seriously consider organizing an SC Game Day, but between Hand of Evil, one member of my gaming group (who isn't really into games days) and myself, there MIGHT be all of one other person from the Sandlapper State on ENWorld. :)

diaglo

Adventurer
Henry said:
I'd seriously consider organizing an SC Game Day, but between Hand of Evil, one member of my gaming group (who isn't really into games days) and myself, there MIGHT be all of one other person from the Sandlapper State on ENWorld. :)

Hotlanta's not that far a drive away. I know about 5 or so ENWorlders i could cram into my pickup truck. ;)

garyh

First Post
takyris, we had a Northern California Gameday over the summer in Sacramento, and even had ENWorlders from the Bay come. We were trying to get a second gameday this weekend, but lack of interest has pushed it back. Check the organization thread here:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65987

Feel free to hope in on the conversation in that thread. I for one wouldn't mind driving to the Bay, and we'd talked about rotating the location.

Dimwhit

Explorer
So I'm still a little shaky on what a gameday is. Is it just a group of guys (or girls) who don't know each other (other than here on the boards) who pick a city and get together to play for a day?

garyh

First Post
Dimwhit said:
So I'm still a little shaky on what a gameday is. Is it just a group of guys (or girls) who don't know each other (other than here on the boards) who pick a city and get together to play for a day?

Basically, yup. It's also a great way to meet new gamers locally to find regular games.

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
garyh said:
Basically, yup. It's also a great way to meet new gamers locally to find regular games.
Thanks.

Now if I thought my wife would let me play more than once per week, I'd organize one and try to find another group to play with... :)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Dimwhit said:
YEs, with the following advantages. It gives you a chance to play with strangers, broadening your experiences, but they're NOT STRANGERS. You kinda know them already, but only online. I've enjoyed gaming at the game days far more than playing at any conventions. The atmosphere is more relaxed, and everyone is more friendly.

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
thalmin said:
YEs, with the following advantages. It gives you a chance to play with strangers, broadening your experiences, but they're NOT STRANGERS. You kinda know them already, but only online. I've enjoyed gaming at the game days far more than playing at any conventions. The atmophere is more relaxed, and everyone is more friendly.

Cool.

Gameday Boise, here we come!!

reapersaurus

First Post
takyris said:
I'd love to see a Bay Area California Gameday, but, you know, am cosmically unlikely to actually organize one myself.
That's pretty ironic, since bloodymage has been asking about Bay Area people who are interested in a GameDay for the past few months in the NorCal GameDay threads... :D

takyris

First Post
Yeah, just found that one, Reaper-mon, and felt like a doofus. Thanks for pointing it out to the rest of the world. :)

Am heading to Norcal thread.

Gameday Ho!

(Um, that was a battle charge, not an accusation or self-identification. Just in case anyone was wondering.)

Remove ads