Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Jemal

Adventurer
ethan - There's nothing you'd need that you can't find in the SRD. I find The Hypertext d20 SRD (v3.5 d20 System Reference Document) :: d20srd.org to be a very easily searchable version, great layout.

Shayuri - Yes, provided they still fall within the correct body affinity slot and you don't put a dozen powers on one item. I will not be allowing unslotted variants of items.

Rathan - How about Celestials? it's supposed to be a bloodline, not a title.
As to the character concept, what do you want to DO with it? I'm not just going to start suggesting nasty class combos, but I will give suggestions on good ways to achieve a specific goal. If you're just looking for a nasty powerful combat monster though, I'd advise against it.

Scott - Concept seems cool, provided you never again use the term "ultra secret". :)
Have you thought of Wu Jen from complete arcane instead of Sorceror?
And other than just the class breakdown, what kind of character are you planning on it being? A buff mage? A sneakster who uses spells as backup? A blasting type? your background/class list could lead in a few different ways.

Voidrazor - I don't allow anyspell to fulfill spellcasting requirements from other classes.
Which book was dweomerkeeper from again? I vaguely remember detesting the class but not why.

Myth and Legend

First Post
This sounds fun. Since Monkey's monster mash game seems to be put on hold i would like to try this out. I am somewhat new to PbP and also to Epic levels... I do know that spellcasters are much too favored at the later levels though. I'm thinking of a female character, the bloodline/theme being Sun and Good. I will have to read up on some books before i figure out what i want her to be exactly. Surely a spellcaster however (i am open to suggestions).

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jemal... it's not on your list of allowed sources, but how about an Illumian (Races of Destiny)?

Idea would be bloodline of Knowledge, Classes Rogue/Wizard/Geometer/Loredelver (Races of Destiny PrC). It is "Archmage" in that it's full CL and would go with Epic Spellcasting... actual levels in epic, possibly Arcane Lord from Dragon #297?

If there is need of some clerical goodness I could think of something for that as well!

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
I would totally be your swordsman, probably dual wielding longswords or bastardswords, one of ice and one of fire. But I might need a teensy bit of help building it.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...seems like lots of people are gunning for archmage...

I may go with feylock after all.

Jemal, are you allowing the epic Warlock Invocations from the Wizards website?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Been itching to finish a game with you Jemal since we tried WWZ (which was a great game til it died).

I was wondering if you would let me test out the epic Monk..... just straight Monk. If not straight monk then I may multiclass with the Ninja class (won't unless ya hate straight monk)

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Why exactly would you advise against being a combat monster?... I'm not sure what you mean by this in fact.... as to what you advise against.. playing a 'tank' or doing so and going with a celestial bloodline...... a little more clarity for a very tired man please? :)

My character concept is basically this.... she's of celestial decent and a prophecy as been placed upon her that is she proves herself worthy to (Name of God or Goddess Here) that she will be granted a coveted place as a champion of her deity... she would be granted great power and great fame and honor..... This comes at a price though... it is said she will have to give up her humanity to do so once being proven worthy and she must never back down in the face of adversity.... she must battle on where others could not... she must throw herself wholly at her quest no matter what form it may take... I really want her to be able to take alot of damage rather than dish it out.. I mean I STILL want her to hit hard has fighters tend to do.. I just was hoping to have her a very 'soak'ish...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Oh! And Runestaves! They're not core, but I figured I'd ask anyway. They're detailed in the Magic Item Compendium...and I think they first appeared in another book, or perhaps a web enhancement...I'll try to find out.

Anyway, rune staves let sorcerors burn spell slots to cast spells in the staff a limited number of times per day. So a Runestaff of Fireball would let a sorceror with the staff use his personal 3rd level slots to cast Fireball 3 times per day, for example.

They can be thought of as adding spells to the sorceror's known spell list, in a limited fashion therefore.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jamal:

as much as i would like to be in this game, i am getting busieier in real life and am afraid i would do your game no justice. I will have to retrackt my bis for playing here. sorry.

Remove ads