• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

ethandrew

First Post
Just a quick question: Are Ioun Stones and the Tomes/Manuals a-okay to be using?

I'm also considering my character as an elf, who considers his swordmanship more of an art, a practice of beauty. His bloodline would be Sylvan in conjuction with unending love of his practice (the latter of which is hard to qualify into the proper term). But I'm totally digging the dual wielding bastard-swords.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Could Tagret (my monk) use the Fleet Warrior's Array from the Magic Item Compendium? It totals up to 26,000 gp, but I think it emphasizes his abilities (at least, as I see him).

And you said that items from other books may be used but are considered exotic...... how would my monk go about getting "exotic" items?

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Salthorae - If it's not on my list that means I don't own it, so you'll have to tell me a bit about what it does. As for clerical need, doesn't look like we have a priest yet if you wanna go that route.

I'm thinking of going the Cleric-y route as I can do more "knowledge" based things that way possibly. I'd like to do the Cloistered Cleric variant, and play as a Cleric of Boccob, with levels in Contemplative from Complete Divine and possibly some lore master mixed in there...

I would still like to play an Illumian though. Basics of their race is that there are humans who are transformed into Illumian through a ritual that basically makes them a living magic language (yes they have bodies), they lose the human feat + skill points, and gain some glyphs that float around their head that give them small bonuses (+1 to checks) - Each Illumian chooses 2 sigils max and those combine to give 1 more bonus.

If you want more detailed info on the race I can email some typed out text for the race. They are a LA +0 base race from Races of Destiny.

Also question on point buy - you said 36 point buy, min 10 before level adjustments... is that the scores start at 10 and we buy from there or we must spend 2 pts/score to get them to 10 leaving us with 26 points to use there after?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Smee. More questions.

Where do you stand on Leadership? It'd be fun to have a glum little pixie sidekick and an army of Grigs to look after my...

...oh, and what about a stronghold? :)

Or is that going way too far?

Jemal

Adventurer
OnlytheStrong - I'm gonna say No to the magic item compendium entirely, I dislike much of the stuff in it. As for exotic gear, as posted they must be custom made using the item creation feats, which means either you'll need a PC to do it, or you'll have to wait for the game to start and then find an NPC capable of making it and comission them.

ethandrew - Don't forget to take the Complete Adventurer feat; Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting. It lets you treat one-handed weapons as light weapons for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. requirements: STR 13, two weapon fighting.

Manuals/tomes are fine, and I don't have a problem with Ioun stones, but keep in mind how easy they are to get rid of.

Shayuri - The feats are all pretty good for me, though dark transient will need a few changes to fit in:
Greater teleport at will becomes Teleport at will (Full round invoke time)
Teleport when taking others becomes Dimension door, and the plane shift will still incure the xp cost to each character transported with it whenever it's used.

OH, and i know it wasn't on your list of things you were looking at, but no shadowmaster. Shades@will=shudder.

Leadership's fine. if you want a stronghold, you'll have to pay for it/describe how you got it, though.

(Warlock Lore Coming Later, too tired to transcribe ATM.

Salthorae - Cloistered Cleric and Illumian don't sound too bad, go ahead. As for stat points, it's 36 points using the standard point buy, but you can't put less than a 10 into any stat (Meaning you have to spend a minimum of 2 points on each stat).

Also, everybody - RE: Tomes.
If your character uprchases a tome of intellect (Or otherwise grants him/herself an inherent bonus to intelligence), the effective increase comes into play for lvl 18 and up. (IE you would gain the extra skill points for lvls 18, 19, and 20)

ethandrew

First Post
Good call, Jemal!

I've pretty much filled out the entire trees for Weapon Focus/Specialization and Two Weapon Fighting, but I've got two high level feats remaining. Any suggestions?

Myth and Legend

First Post
Character: Wizard 5/Elemental Savant (Fire) 10/Archmage 5 - Bloodline: Sun

A golden haired, green eyed sun elven maiden of disastrous arcane power. Raised as an adopted child in the human lands, she had always known of her Sun Elven heritage but never actually knew her parents. Holding on to the name Sun Elf, she built a fortress of beliefs she held to be true for her own kind, which kept her going even after she outlived her foster parents.

The girl considers her kind to be the heralds of the Sun - the most powerful force of good and positive energy in her own mind (seeing as how the sun was one of the few things bringing true joy to her and her poor foster parents during the long summer days of toil)

Never actaully getting the chance to meet other Sun Elves as an orphan deep in the rural human lands, the girl grew in to adolescense surrounded by the quick-paced routine of humans.

Confused as to which deity to worship so that she may pay homage to the sun, the girl decides to delve in to the mysteries of arcane magic instead, so as to become a herald for her perceived racial symbol. Fortunately the girl was born of supreme intellect and was taken as an apprentice by a well versed human mage, who gave her the necessary skills to become a full fledged Wizard and go down the road of discovering the mystical force of fire, the Sun's own element.

It took her years of dedication, work and adventure to reach her potential as a supperior spellacster and gain the influence and power she had deemed necessary to start spreading the glory of the Sun as a supreme symbol for the force of good.

Tell me if this is ok as i don't know much about your setting. The girl could be some sort of embodiement of the sun on earth, as the sun itself is a giant source of positive energy and could probably manifest such a being without divine intervention?

Oh, and for Invisible Castle 36 point buy with all 10s as base stats translates to 48 point buy right? :) I mean you raise all the base stats to 10 and are left with 36 points to spend.

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
ethandrew - Check out Melee Weapon Mastery (pg 88 or there abouts in PHB2), also there are a number of fun feats for fighters in Complete Warrior.

Jemal - for Cleric Domains that have spells that don't exist in this world what should I do? Choose some replacement spells that are thematically similar for the domain and PM you?

Shayuri

First Post
Myth and Legend, you misunderstand. :)

He means standard point buy (36 points, stats start at 8, etc), but no stat is allowed to be less than 10. So you can't start with one at 8, or 9. You have to buy at LEAST 10 in each stat.

rpgramen

First Post
Well, I'm a bit late and such, but I figure it's never too late to throw ones hat into the ring.

So, anywho, it seems we're lacking a super-skill-monkey. This piques my interest, as I have this splendid concept of a straight (preferably) Factotum (from Dungeonscape) or Rogue, taking "Skill" or "Luck" as a Bloodline, as odd as that sounds. If the above Bloodline isn't allowed, I'd also be interested in playing the mushy character of our collective managerie as the Bard of Love, probably playing up the cliche' of Half-Elves being over-romanticized :p

In fact, if permissable, I've already got Sabastian Raze, who's a Factotum by trade (though easily convertable to Rogue, Beguiler or Bard as needed) who'd fit the bill of bearing the Bloodline of Skill/Luck, who I'm sure would make a splendid addition to the group as-is. He's certainly a bit more along the Neutral line with his intellectually snarky persona, but otherwise he's an all around, multi-talented and good-hearted chum.

EDIT: Also, on another likeminded note, I've got one Dexter Whitesong I wish I could find another game for. 'Twas the Chaotic Good Human Bard/Warchanter whom wished he were a Knight, in essence, and his Bloodline would most assuredly be either War or Protection. Looking at our list thusfar, he'd also make a splendid spot-filler as a meager Healer/Face/Meleeist.

Last edited:

Remove ads