• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Rathan

First Post
Think I'm gonna drop out of the qualifying laps so to speak here all.. and let the big boys play.... I'm just not experienced enough to make an effective character in this game... nor do I have the time anymore to devote to putting my best foot forward role play wise... Thanks for the opportunity.... :)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Tagret is my monk I'd like to play...... he has some gold left over. Oh, the Ring of Protection/Natural Armor I "invented"..... is it the right price? I really kinda suck at custom making things. If I need to pay a PC to make it, I will.

so i was looking over the submitions and i noticed similer to rpgramen that we didn't have a rogue type, i was looking over and came up with a nother idea, it would be a stealth type hide in plan sight and a lot of sneak attack, more combat orintated but still a desint skill set. he would be a retiered master thief turned merchant extrodinare. he would have the shadow blood line going toward the shadow template.

two words: Passing Shadow

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri - Feylock, Fey Bloodline
OnlytheStrong - Monk, Water Bloodline
mythandlegend - Archmage, Sun Bloodline
Salthorae - Cloistered Cleric, Knowledge Bloodline
Ishalleatyourflesh - Combat Rogue, Shadow Bloodline
Rpgramen - Factotem/skill rogue, skill or luck bloodlineEthandrew - Fighter(Duel-wields bastard swords), *NEEDS BLOODLINE*
Voidrazor - Hasn't posted a new concept.

ishalleatyourflesh - sure, play whatever you find fun.

OnlytheStrong - Natural armour would be more appropriate on your amulet, though the cost wouldn't change.
*Hmm, just rechecked and the cost is actually off anyways. +4 natural armour normally costs 32,000 gp, so adding it to another item would increase that items cost by (32,000x1.5)=48,000 GP*

I DO, however have a problem with Gloves of dexterity and WISDOM... first, wisdom does not work on a glove slot. Secondly, the pricing is off. When adding an item, you take the highest cost (In this case they're the same), and add 1.5X the cost of anything you add. 36,000 + 36,000X1.5=90,000.

Boots of Striding are 5,500 you have them listed as 5,000

You didn't add your +9 wisdom bonus to your AC for being a monk, it should be 49.

I'd suggest adding a monk's belt to your equipment list and upping your natural armour to the +5, which will raise your AC to 51, making it pretty damn good vs nonepic.

Your skills don't have synergy bonuses worked in. jump gives +2 tumble, sense motive gives +2 diplomacy, tumble gives +2 to balance and jump.

Everybody - OK, feel free to start posting up character builds here. Those who's character concepts aren't finalized or who don't have a bloodline yet, please do so.

rpgramen

First Post
On a similar note, if you're kosher with Factotum, I've translated Sabastian thusly to provide a rough amount of insight into what I'd be heading for.

As far as background is concerned, I'm thinking circus performer turned adventurer extrordinaire with excessive amounts of flair! Might be neat to play something other than the cutpurse or scholarly rogue for a change :)

EDIT: Gah. You beat me to my post :p

ethandrew

First Post
Jemal- I'd be doing the Sylvan bloodline. And I don't know if Combat is too abstract, but I'd like to combine those two. So bloodline: Sylvan Combat.

And Character (build, no details):

[sblock=Dual Sword Wielder]Male Elf Fighter
Alignment: CG
ECL: 20

Abilities: (36)
STR - 28 (10 Points + 4 Manual + 2 Level Adjustment + 6 Belt of Giant’s Strength)
DEX - 32 (10 Points + 2 Racial + 4 Manual + 2 Level Adjustment + 6 Gloves of Dexterity)
CON - 18 (6 Points – 2 Racial + 5 Manual + 1 Level Adjustment)
INT - 10 (2 Points)
WIS - 12 (4 Points)
CHA - 12 (4 Points)

HP: 20d10+80+20 = 262
Speed: 40ft
Initiative: +11

AC: 42 (+ 11 Dex + 8 Bracers of Armor + 5 Amulet of Natural Armor + 3 Two Weapon Defense + 5 Ring of Protection)
Flat Footed AC: 29
Touch AC: 26

Saves:
Fort: 21 (12 Base + 4 Constitution + 5 Cloak of Resistance)
Reflex: 22 (6 Base + 11 Reflex + 5 Cloak of Resistance)
Will: 12 (6 Base + 1 Wisdom + 5 Cloak of Resistance)

BAB/Ranged/Grapple: +29/+31/+29

Weapons:
If Used Two Handed:
+5 Holy Flamed Cold-Iron Bastardsword +35/30/25/20 1d10+2d6+1d6+22 17-20x2
+5 Holy Frosted Adamantine Bastardsword +35/30/25/20 1d10+2d6+1d6+22 17-20x2
*Note: AC Drops 3 if not Two-Weapon Fighting

If Two-Weapon Fighting:
+5 Holy Flamed Cold-Iron Bastardsword +33/28/23/18 1d10+2d6+1d6+18 17-20x2
+5 Holy Frosted Adamantine Bastardsword +33/28/23 1d10+2d6+1d6+18 17-20x2

Ranged:
+1 Composite +6 Longbow +32/27/22/17 1d8+7 x3

Class Abilities:
Light, Medium, Heavy Armor Proficiency
Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiency

Racial Abilities:
Immune to Sleep Effects
+2 saving throw bonus versus enchantment spells or effects
Low-Light Vision
+2 Racial bonus to Listen, Spot, and Search checks.
If passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.

Skills:
Climb – 19 (10 Ranks + 9 Str)
Jump – 34 (20 Ranks + 9 Str + 5 Boots)
Listen – 3 (0 Ranks + 1 Wis + 2 Racial)
Ride – 21 (10 Rank + 11 Dex)
Spot – 3 (0 Ranks+ 1 Wis + 2 Racial)
Swim – 15 (6 Ranks + 9 Str)

Feats:
1st – Two Weapon Fighting
1st* - Exotic Weapon Proficiency – Bastard Sword
2nd* - Weapon Focus – Bastard Sword
3rd – Power Attack
4th* - Weapon Specialization – Bastard Sword
6th – Two Weapon Defense
6th* - Improved Two Weapon Fighting
8th* - Melee Weapon Mastery - Slashing
9th – Quick Draw
10th* - Greater Weapon Focus – Bastard Sword
12th – Improved Two Weapon Defense
12th* - Greater Weapon Specialization – Bastard Sword
14th* - Improved Critical – Bastard Sword
15th – Oversized Two Weapon Fighting
16th* - Greater Two Weapon Fighting
18th – Greater Two Weapon Defense
18th* - Weapon Supremacy – Bastard Sword
20th – Improved Toughness

*Bonus Fighter Feats

Languages:
Common
Elven
Sylvan

Equipment: Cost
Belt of Giant Strength +6 – 36,000gp
Gloves of Dexterity +6 – 36,000gp
Manual of Bodily Health +5 – 137,500gp
Manual of Gainful Exercise +4 – 110,000gp
Manual of Quickness of Action +4 – 110,000gp
Holy Flaming +5 Cold-Iron Bastard Sword – 130,335gp
Holy Frosting +5 Adamantine Bastard Sword – 131,335gp
Bracers of Armor +8 – 64,000gp
Amulet of Natural Armor +5 – 50,000gp
Cloak of Resistance +5 – 50,000gp
Ring of Protection +5 – 50,000gp
Ring of Evasion – 25,000gp
+1 Longbow, composite (+6 Strength Bonus) – 2,000gp
Boots of Striding and Springing – 5,500gp

Total Money: 62,330gp

Physical Appearance:

Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Skin:

Background:

Personality:[/sblock]

With the rest of my money I'm debating between two Ioun Stones, which would grant me +1 AC and +1 Attacks, Saves, Checks, etc. Or Instant Fortress, which would give a little hide-out and help some backstory that I'm coming up with.

EDIT: Clarification, the Two-Weapon Defense tree (TWD, Improved TWD, Greater TWD), do the bonuses stack? It reads TWD offering a +1 Shield bonus, ITWD a +2 Shield bonus, and GTWD a +3 Shield bonus. I've got my AC now with the +3 bonus, but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on an extra +3 bonus.

Last edited:

rpgramen

First Post
Not that I can vouch for our local DM, but if I'm not mistaken unless it's from a seperate source, explicitly states that it stacks, or is a dodge bonus, then the cumulative benefits of similar traits overlap and the greater bonus is used. Or something to that effect, anyway.

Anywho, back to why I was posting in the first place. You can indeed put me down as having Sabastian's bloodline domain being that of Skill, as I think it's just abstract enough to prevent stepping on the toes of Strength, War, Knowledge, and Luck. I'll have a (rough) backstory up before the weekend, my good sir. Should you find any faults with what I've submitted mechanically thusfar then by all means poke me with a ten-foot pole to get my attention and I'll correct it post-haste.

Also, on the note of background history, are you looking for more of a combined group effort, or are we largely looking to remain independent from one another before the campaign begins?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Can I combine Natural Armor and the Protection parts on one ring? It will cost a ton, but worth it. The extra +5 to AC will get me up to an AC of 51. Also, the amount of unarmed damage doesn't increase from the Monk's Belt correct? It usually increases AC and unarmed damage, but from what I remember epic level monk's do not gain an increase in the amount of unarmed damage they deal.

Tagret was updated with the other changes. The only thing that I need approval on is the Ring of Protection and Natural Armor and confirmation on the Monk's Belt.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jemal,

Couple of questions and one note to make

For purchased magic items, are we allowed to craft "normal" items as well? I.e. if I wanted to spend from my xp pool and 1/2 the gp could I craft my own amulet of natural armor?

Also in your example of the xp pool you have Wish using 2000xp, is that a change in your game from the normal 5000?

Final question, can I use miracle & xp pool to give inherent bonuses to stats like wish can? Miracle is listed in the item creation section of the Tomes/Manuals, so I assume it works, but want to check with you first.

Also - I had to scrap the Illumian idea... I need the extra feat and skill points from human

Jemal

Adventurer
Salthorae said:
For purchased magic items, are we allowed to craft "normal" items as well? I.e. if I wanted to spend from my xp pool and 1/2 the gp could I craft my own amulet of natural armor?
If you can make it, then yes. The benefits of the feat.

Salthorae said:
Also in your example of the xp pool you have Wish using 2000xp, is that a change in your game from the normal 5000?
No, that was me being too lazy to go find a PHB, and trying to remember the # off the top of my head.

Salthorae said:
Final question, can I use miracle & xp pool to give inherent bonuses to stats like wish can? Miracle is listed in the item creation section of the Tomes/Manuals, so I assume it works, but want to check with you first.
Wish can do that, but Miracle depends on your god. A god of strength would have no problem granting you inherent bonuses to strength, likewise with a god of knowledge granting mental bonuses, etc.

OnlytheStrong - As stated in my previous post, Natural armour is usually innapropriate on a ring, but as there's no cost difference and the ring's allready an ac buffer, I'll allow it to add to your protection ring.
As for the monks belt, you're correct, Monk unarmed damage doesn't increase past lvl 16, so at this point the belt's worth 1 ac and 1 extra stunning fist attempt/day.

ethandrew - Shield bonuses do not stack, you use the highest one available (Elsewise high AC builds would be running around with a pair of tower shields, the shield spell, and a ring of force shield. ;) ). The TWD tree is 1 ac/feat, double that when fighting defensively.
As for the bloodline, Sylvan would make much more sense.

Rpgramen - Party Backstory would be more appropriate, after all you wound up at the elder together, wanting to learn your path.

Remove ads