• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Rathan

First Post
Ok so by your math I'd be stupid not to just go and buy a mantle of Epic spell resistance which would give me 10 more SR at the low low cost of 400K as opposed to 30 at 540K..... can't justify spending that much either way really.... so gonna have to just pass on both... but thanks for helping me with the man... won't forget that ;)

Myth and Legend

First Post
Yes now that i re-read his original post it's stated there that reincarnate is a level 9 Druid spell in this setting. We need a Druid guys! Or at least a Wand of Reincarnate, although this thing would be very expensive (do wands of level 9 spells even exist?)

Shayuri

First Post
Rathan, two little glitches in your sheet.

First, your movement is 30'. The barbarian fast movement ability doesn't work in heavy armor, and I didn't see any note about your full plate being mithril. It's definitely not priced as mithril.

Secondly, your sword costs a pretty good chunk more. Breakdown follows.

Enchantments:
+5 enhancement
+2 Holy
+2 Flaming Burst
+1 Ghost Touch

Base cost: 200,315gp.

But it's also Cold Iron. This doubles the cost of the weapon to 630gp, and adds 2000gp per enhancement. As I read it, that would apply separately to each of the above categories, thus adding 8000gp total to the cost of the weapon. Final cost therefore is:

208,630gp.

Myth and Legend - Wands only go up to 4rth level spells. Past that you need staves.

Rathan

First Post
Thanks Shayuri.... fixed the weapon issue.. I dropped the burst on the flaming portion of the weapon.. I forgot I had added that and ment to take it out after figuring in all my other items....

you wouldn't be able to give me a rundown how much mithril would add to the cost of my plate would you? I'd done so much math todat on this character my head is about to explode and mines one of the easiest builds being talked about so far LOL

rpgramen

First Post
Thanks Shayuri.... fixed the weapon issue.. I dropped the burst on the flaming portion of the weapon.. I forgot I had added that and ment to take it out after figuring in all my other items....

you wouldn't be able to give me a rundown how much mithril would add to the cost of my plate would you? I'd done so much math todat on this character my head is about to explode and mines one of the easiest builds being talked about so far LOL

10,650gp, my good chum. That's 9000gp for Mithril and 1650gp for Masterwork Full-Plate.

i'll go with the stealthly rogue, also i'll have a scroll of heroics for any wizard type caster who wants it, it gives the target a bonus feat for a short time, i'll have the character posted soon.. ish, it's done i just have to polish it

Jemal

Adventurer
Rathan - Yeah, you can join in again. As I've stated previously though, Custom items must be crafted. Even then, I think I'd say no to the misc +10 ac item.

There are two Core SR Items. the epic cloak is SR 40 for 290,000. The nonepic version is SR 21 for 90,000. Anything else would require item crafting.

Mithril adds 9000 gp to the cost of Heavy Armour(And must be masterwork). (Pg 284 DMG)

Thanks to Shayuri for covering the weapon, but there was one mistake with the weapon - Cold Iron does not double the masterwork cost, just the base cost. (See the Cold Iron Longsword on the specific weapons chart, pg 227 DMG, for an example), so if you drop the flaming burst to just flaming, the total cost should be 170,330.

Myth - There's not really much of a choice. Complete arcane is both on the allowed sources list, AND 3.5. T&B is neither.

Re: Inherent bonuses. The Wish spell is pretty clear on that. (Emphasis added for clarity)
"Grant a creature a +1 inherent bonus to an ability score. Two to five wish spells cast in immediate succession can grant a creature a +2 to +5 inherent bonus to an ability score (two wishes for a +2 inherent bonus, three for a +3 inherent bonus, and so on). Inherent bonuses are instantaneous, so they cannot be dispelled. Note: An inherent bonus may not exceed +5 for a single ability score, and inherent bonuses to a particular ability score do not stack, so only the best one applies. "

ALSO, similar questions have popped up a few times, so just to make this clear:
everybody please note that D&D Specifies that NO named bonus other than dodge will stack with a bonus of the same name/type. you can't wield two shields, you can't wear two suits of armour, mage armour doesn't stack with armour, gauntlets of strength don't stack with the bulls strength spell, wish does not stack with tombs/manuals, the halflings luck bonus to AC does not stack with a luckstone's +1 luck bonus to AC, the +1 enhancement bonus to attack from MW weapons doesn't stack with magic enhancement, etc, etc, etc.

Regarding equipment, are we allowed to have artifacts? Can we make up our own custom items? And abou Iun stones, can we have several of one kind of stone? Specifically the stat increasing ones?
A: If you can find one with a price in the core books. B: If you're an item crafter capable of crafting the item yourself. C: You could, but they wouldn't stack. It could be useful to have spares in case they get destroyed, though.

RE: Spellcrafting. Once you reach epic you can take the Epic Spellcasting feat which would allow you to craft spells.

Reincarnate is a Druid only spell, and Wands can only hold spells of up to 4th lvl. (As I see has allready been covered)

RPGramen - Your SR math is a bit off. The continuous function is only added to iems created specifically to mimic a spell. See Mantle of Spell Resistance for an example. SR 21 for 90,000. (21-12=9. 9x10,000=90,000).

Last edited:

rpgramen

First Post
Ah, yes. I guess it shows that I haven't put a single skill rank into Mathematics, so to speak :p

Also, is there as-of-yet any consolidated or hypothesized deadline as to when characters have to be completely finished? Just curious really as to how long we may or may not have to tan all the details of our characters out and such.

Jemal

Adventurer
I'd prefer if everybody could post up character sheets, or at least rough outlines, ASAP, so I can get a look at what everybody's thinking and how far along people are. I won't be comfortable setting a deadline until I can see what stage people are on and what characters are looking like so far.

Remove ads