Gaming W/Jemal: Legends (3.5e d&D) *Recruitment Closed*

Jemal

Adventurer
Scott: :( well GL and feel free to drop by in the future if things slow down.

Shayuri - Yes, I'll allow the Epic Invocations.. though I'll have to look through them there may be a couple I'll be disallowing or changing lvl requirement on. Where there any specific ones you were looking at?
I'm very OK with you playing a Warlock, though there is some additional

I like runestaves, but I'm going to stick with the "If it's not core you have to craft it" ruling. Once we get IC you'll be able to find non-core equipment as loot, or commission special equipment from NPCs if the party doesn't have a crafter, though the latter will take time and money.

Voidrazor - Ah that. Hmm, I think for my own sanity i'll skip the dweomerkeeper for this game. sry

Rathan - I was merely referring to your "if someone wants to make a rather nasty class combination suggestion". The reason I advised against that is b/c I tend to build the NPC's to be able to challenge the most powerful PC, so if one of you ends up being a lot more combat effective than the others, then the majority of the party will be at a disadvantage. It's my way of keeping the PC's at the same relative power level, so one doesn't completely outshine the rest in combat. So long as you're not going out of your way to twink, it shouldn't be a problem, just wanted to make sure everybody knew. (Keep in mind, when I think 'nasty combat character', I tend to picture the kind of things you'd see on the wizards of the coast character optimization boards, AKA "lvl 20: 120 AC with DR, Fast heal, and 8 attacks per round" kind of nasty.)

As for having a tank character, I'd suggest choosing one of the following and focusing on it: High AC, damage reduction, or lots of Hit Points. Maybe B & C together.

OnlytheStrong - *L* people don't usually ask if there's a problem with them NOT multiclassing, it's the multiclassing & PrC's that tend to make characters more powerful. I've no problems with either monk or ninja (Assuming you're refferring to the complete's ninja and not oriental adventures)

Ethandrew - that would be cool.

Salthorae - If it's not on my list that means I don't own it, so you'll have to tell me a bit about what it does. As for clerical need, doesn't look like we have a priest yet if you wanna go that route.
As for the arcane lord prc, I'm gonna say no to Dragon magazines as a whole, they add far too many variables.

MythandLegend -
Also, when I said 'one or two words' for the bloodline, the two words was meant to be if you wanted to add something more specific, not two seperate bloodlines (EX: Evil dragons, Time Magic, etc)

Character submissions so far:
Shayuri - Warlock with Fey Bloodline
Voidrazor - Needs slight revamping due to dweomerkeeper being disallowed
Rathan - Fighter(Tank) with Celestial Bloodline
OnlytheStrong - Monk
Ethandrew - Dual-wielding swordsman
Salthorae - Mage with Knowledge Bloodline
MythandLegend - Mage with Sun or Good bloodline

Also, there may be one or two of my roommates joining us, we're not sure yet.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...I've made character sheets for the feylock and the dragon sorc already...

But yeah, right now lets assume I'll be feylock. Plus, warlocks are great item crafters. I have my eye on Craft Contingent Spell, among others. :)

As for epic warlock feats, here's the ones I was looking at especially (not necessarily intending to take all...just need to know which, if any, are outlawed so I can plan):

Paragon Visionary: Basically functions as permanant True Sight, plus enhances Voidsense to be Blindsight. Gives bonus to Spot, LIsten, and Sense motive.

Morpheme Savant: Gives Power word: Kill, Stun and Blind usable as invocations. Boosts Warlock's Call to fast casting (1 minute) Demand spell, instead of Sending. Warlock gains permanent Tongues effect. Increases bonuses from Beguiling Influence.

Eldritch Sculptor: Allows 2 eldritch blasts per turn and doubles range of blast, including the range of any blast shapes in effect. Gives +2 to hit with Eldritch Blast.

Dark Transient: Doubles flight speed and increases maneuverability of Fell Flight. Allows Greater Teleport at will (or normal Teleport if taking others), and precise targeted Plane Shift at will (or normal Plane Shift if taking others).

-------

A question re: items. I was looking at the Mirror of Mental Prowess, and realized that it, as written, could circumvent your ban on instant travel over long distances. Do you want to house rule that item, or ban it?

----------

Some additional what? You said you were fine with me being a warlock, then said there were additional... :)

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Any suggestions for feats that would do B and C justice Jemal?... I'm not well versed in most of the sources not core and the like so any suggestions by you or anyone else would only help me make a competent character..... I'm not going for munchkin here.. I just want to make a high level character than can keep up with rest at this high a level....

been a while, eh? ummm lets see here, i was thinking on going with a female character, that's a desendent of death it self. maybe not exactly blood, if you read disk world death adopts a girl and her daughter is considered deaths granddaughter and inherited quite a few things that make living a normal life hard, but i'm fine with a god of death or the personification of death being in the family. i would be taking a few cleric levels and dread necromancer with some mystictheurge to raise my cleric casting, the idea is to be a melee caster in bone armour swinging a great mawl and having some undead as back up and servents my casting is rather limited, clecic would be for buffs and arcane is nercomatic spells... fair warning i may be using divinemeta magic with persistent spell, it's really divine power to be exact it's so i don't have to worry about my base attack bonus, i may persist a few other cleric spells as buffs, there is a few more things about it but thats probly the worst, i think... if you don't shoot it down i look in to more.
she's looking for a way to become eternal, since 20th lv in the dread necromancer class makes you a lich...
the blood line? two words: Living Death

edit:... and it's not the undead blood line considering death was never alive in the first place...

edit.... edit: i just noticed that heros of horror was not on the list of sources... preety plz... (insert puppy eyes, lip quiver, and holding hat in hands)

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Rathan, within the allowed sources pre-epic the best feat for extra HP is probably Improved Toughness. If Jemal allows them, there are also a series of feats from Masters of the Wild that give a decent amount as well. the Toughness and Draconic Toughness feats will get you a few HP but really aren't worth it.

DR is a lot harder to get from feats. The only one in allowed sources I can find is Tougheneing Transformation and that won't work because it requires spellcasting. For what its worth Thick Skinned will add 2 to existing DR, if allowed.

Outside of feats, there are several ways to gain HP and DR. Adamantine armor, and a custom item of False Life and/or Heart of Earth (Comp Mage) come to mind. Although really, I would suggest taking some classes other than just fighter. For starters Barbarians get more HP plus the temp HP from rage. If I were to play a tank, my build would be a dwarven Barbarian 1/Druid 5/Master of Many Forms (Comp Adv) 7/Warshaper (Comp War) 3/Fighter 4. Despite having many d8 levels the above build would have more HP due to the Warshaper's +4 bonus to Con. Also MoMF 7 would provide access to wild shape forms with regeneration.

Jemal

Adventurer
If Rathan wishes to take Thick Skinned, I'd allow it considering the concept. If he wants a way to gain the natural DR in the first place, a few lvls in barbarian will help there.

flesh - Dread necro's allright. The bloodline'll work too. That gives you a nemesis. :D

Shayuri - the Mirror actually uses Gate for travel, not teleport. Since Gate is a form of planar travel, the mirror CAN still be used for unlimitted distance travel.. at the cost of 1000 xp per person.

And whoops didn't realize my sentence had been cut off. THere is some additional info I'll have to give you re: warlocks in this campaign. It shouldn't affect character creation much, it's mostly background info.

Shayuri

First Post
1000exp that each person 'pays' themselves as they go through, I assume. Not the owner of the mirror. ;)

Still might be good for scrying though...I'll consider it. It seems pretty fey to have a magic mirror.

Background info is always welcome. I have some ideas about background as well. Clearly a character at level 20 has accomplished a few noteworthy things. I was thinking the character may have spent time in Faerie itself for a good stretch of her career and is only recently emerging back into the normal world...much changed by her time there.

But I'm still flexible at this point.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
What would make a good bloodline for a Monk? I'm tempted to make him have the Water Elemental bloodline. I keep getting the Bruce Lee quote running through my mind:

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

I can see the monk being flexible, athletic, patient, but full of violent energy when needed.

Jemal

Adventurer
1000exp that each person 'pays' themselves as they go through, I assume. Not the owner of the mirror. ;)
Yes, to clarify it's the actual travel that's draining, not casting the spell/activating the item, thus each person who travels pays the XP themselves.

OnlytheStrong - Excellent idea.

Shayuri

First Post
Cool Beans.

Any feedback on those epic warlock feats?

And background stuff?

Heeee! *poke poke poke*

Everyone, come play 'Poke-A-GM!'

I choose YOU, Jemal! (^_^)

Remove ads