Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Jemal

Adventurer
Actually with the tendencies of this campaign, skills get a Lot more use than combat stats, so the PL boost isn't all that game changing.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I was thinking he should have a huge bonus to expertise rolls, he has edietic memory and has lived thousands of years, allowing him to remember everything, much like DC Vandal Savage.
Some ideas about features or things it would be cool to do:
-Thousand battles veteran: Vittorio can anticipate the flow of battle, having seen and participated in countless others. Benefit: Can roll initiative twice and use the best roll.
-Archaic weapon master: Vittorio first lifted a sword in the times of the Caesars. Gain +1 attack or damage with weapons with the archaic keyword.
-Already died: Vittorio has been killed multiple times, he is familiar with the sensation as anyone is with a headache. Benefit: The first time on an encounter a failed save is going to kill Vittorio, he can remain unconscious instead.
-Master tactician: Even if Vittorio had been in many battles, he has also been commanding many. He has a knack at leading people. Benefit: Like Master Plan form 2e

Jemal

Adventurer
Thousand Battles and Already died are fine.

I'm gonna say no the master plan, it does make sense but I agreed with them taking it out. Tell you what, I'll let you take ranks in Inspire, and I'll let it last longer than one round (Circumstantially based on how well you guys planned - which is usually extensively - and whether anything very unforseen happens.)

As far as the arcahic weapons master, I had something similar in mind. I'll let you rework your character a bit if you'd like, and take a general 'damage' ability
"Weapons Master" - Uomo's mastered pretty much every weapon ever made, and can use them all with deadly skill.
You already have 'improvised weapon', I'll give you a "Weapon Master' feature allowing it to apply to ANY weapon you wield(Guns, knives, swords) that Uomo is likely to have practice with (so If you come across, say, a laser or Bat'leth, chances are you won't be able to use it, but anything else.. sure). Then you can do a bit of redesigning to respend those points.

I'd suggest keeping the 4 points you have in 'unarmed' right now, and then dropping Improvised weapons to rank 7. Then your attacks with anything will be +9 hit and dmg rank 6+weapon (Most of the weapons have dmg rank 3+, which will allow you to stay at your PL cap) Then you can use power attack/accurate attack and regardless of what weapon you're wielding you can be attacking anywhere from "+4 attack, Damage rank 14" to "+14 attack, Damage rank 4"

For the Expertise, How about I give you a new expertise you can put points into : Expertise(Experienced). It's a general mashup of expertises, I'll let you use it for anything you can justify Uomo knowing. (The older, the easier).

I'll also allow, if you wish, an "Improved Assessment" advantage, based on Uomo having been in so many battles that he knows how people fight: Pick one of the following: Either you can take 10 on Assessment checks, or you gain one extra sucess when you succed, or you can apply it to multiple opponents. Each is a different rank, you can take it three times to get an Assessment check of 10+insight vs ALL targets deception checks, with an extra degree of success on any you beat.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thousand Battles and Already died are fine.

I'm gonna say no the master plan, it does make sense but I agreed with them taking it out. Tell you what, I'll let you take ranks in Inspire, and I'll let it last longer than one round (Circumstantially based on how well you guys planned - which is usually extensively - and whether anything very unforseen happens.)

As far as the arcahic weapons master, I had something similar in mind. I'll let you rework your character a bit if you'd like, and take a general 'damage' ability
"Weapons Master" - Uomo's mastered pretty much every weapon ever made, and can use them all with deadly skill.
You already have 'improvised weapon', I'll give you a "Weapon Master' feature allowing it to apply to ANY weapon you wield(Guns, knives, swords) that Uomo is likely to have practice with (so If you come across, say, a laser or Bat'leth, chances are you won't be able to use it, but anything else.. sure). Then you can do a bit of redesigning to respend those points.

I'd suggest keeping the 4 points you have in 'unarmed' right now, and then dropping Improvised weapons to rank 7. Then your attacks with anything will be +9 hit and dmg rank 6+weapon (Most of the weapons have dmg rank 3+, which will allow you to stay at your PL cap) Then you can use power attack/accurate attack and regardless of what weapon you're wielding you can be attacking anywhere from "+4 attack, Damage rank 14" to "+14 attack, Damage rank 4"

For the Expertise, How about I give you a new expertise you can put points into : Expertise(Experienced). It's a general mashup of expertises, I'll let you use it for anything you can justify Uomo knowing. (The older, the easier).

I'll also allow, if you wish, an "Improved Assessment" advantage, based on Uomo having been in so many battles that he knows how people fight: Pick one of the following: Either you can take 10 on Assessment checks, or you gain one extra sucess when you succed, or you can apply it to multiple opponents. Each is a different rank, you can take it three times to get an Assessment check of 10+insight vs ALL targets deception checks, with an extra degree of success on any you beat.

I like all that! I'll work on his sheet now. Some questions:

take a general 'damage' ability
you don't mean a power don't you?

You already have 'improvised weapon', I'll give you a "Weapon Master' feature allowing it to apply to ANY weapon you wield
From this I get that I apply my improvised bonus to any weapon, right?

I'd suggest keeping the 4 points you have in 'unarmed' right now
so I can use melee weapons? So I should drop my excesive sword combat I guess

Voda Vosa

First Post
Took the liberty of adding that extra PL and pps, take a looky. Notice some things that break PL, like the sword, I guess I can just lower its damage ad hoc.

[sblock=Abilities ]( 33 pp)
Strength: 3
Agility 4
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 5
Fighting 5
Intellect: 3
Awareness: 3
Precence: 5
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat ]
Guns + 10 Attack for DC: From 7+ 3 to 5 Ranged
Sword + 11 Attack for DC: 7+3+3 Melee
Imp. Weapons + 11 Attack for DC: 7 plus the type of object Melee
Weapon master + 0 Attack for DC: 0 0

Initiative: 12
[/sblock]

[sblock=Saves] ( 28 pp)
Parry: 13
Toughness : 7
Fortitude: 10
Dodge: 13
Will: 9
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills ( 46 pp) ]
8 ( 4 ) Acrobatics
14 ( 8 ) Deception
8 ( 5 ) Athletics
12 ( 8 ) Expertise (Experienced)
12 ( 8 ) Insight
4 ( 0 ) Treatment
12 ( 6 ) Persuacion
8 ( 4 ) Technology
11 ( 6 ) Close Combat Unnarmed
12 ( 7 ) Vehicles
12 ( 7 ) Sleight of Hand
10 ( 5 ) Ranged Combat Guns
10 ( 6 ) Perception
8 ( 2 ) Intimidation
12 ( 8 ) Investigation
12 ( 8 ) Stealth[/sblock]
[sblock=Advantages ( 46 pp)]
Equipment 6
Move by action 1
Improved Assessment 3
All out, Defensive , Accurate, Precise and Power attack 5
Benefit: Ambidexterity 1
Benefit: Cipher, Wealth 1, Alternate identity, Security clearance 4
Weapons Master 1
Already died 1
Thousand battles veteran 1
Well informed, Contacts, Connected 3
Ediatic memory 1
Improved aim, Initiative (2) 3
Improvised weapon 7
Interpose 1
languages 4
Jack of all trades 1
Inspire 2
Quikdraw 1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers ( 22 pp)]
Powers (Rank) [Cost] (
Immortality ( 9 )[ 9 ]
Limited: Can't rise if burned to death.

Immunity ( 3 )[ 3 ]
Aging, disease, poison

Regeneration ( 10 )[ 10 ]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
Night vision googles 1
Lock release gun 1
Binoculars 1
Mini tracer 1
Fire extinguisher 1
Undercover shirt 2 Protection 2, subtle
Rebreather 1
Camara 1
Audio recorder 1
Cell phone 1
Commlink 1
Computer 1
Parabolic microphone 1

Equipment array: Weapons 11
Heavy pistol 1 Ran. Damage 4
Sniper rifle 1 Ran. Damage 5
Light pistol 1 Ran. Damage 3
Stun gun 1 Affliction 5, electrical
Sword 1 Damage 3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
you don't mean a power don't you?
No, I meant the weapon master feature I spoke of directly after that quote.

From this I get that I apply my improvised bonus to any weapon, right?
Any weapon Uomo would be arguably skilled in.
so I can use melee weapons? So I should drop my excesive sword combat I guess
Yes, as I suggested.

SO, you're up to PL 9 + 'potential' now, yes (For effective PL 10?)
As far as the breaking PL, lowering the sword damage isn't AD HOC, it's straight from the rules. PL 10 means your combined damage/attack bonus can't exceed 20, so if you have a +12 attack with it, the damage would max out at 8. Personally, since you have power attack/accurate attack, i would suggest lowering your attack bonus to +10 and then just using those manuevers situationally when you need more accuracy or damage, your attack/damage could then range anywhere from 5 to 15.
You also may wish to put one more into either dodge/parry, as your defence for dodge/parry + toughness is currently sitting at 19 out of 20.

I'm also curious how you got some of your numbers..
Saves ( 19 pp)
Parry: 12 *5 fgt + 7 pts*
Toughness : 7 *5 stm + equipment*
Fortitude: 10 *5 stm + 5 pts*
Dodge: 12 *4 agility + 8 pts
Will: 10 *4 awar + 6 pts
From my math you have spent 26 pts on saves, not 19, as I see no powers/advantages that give bonuses to anything other than the equipment to toughness.

You used to have regeneration 10, why change that?

Voda Vosa

First Post
No, I meant the weapon master feature I spoke of directly after that quote.

Any weapon Uomo would be arguably skilled in.
Yes, as I suggested.

SO, you're up to PL 9 + 'potential' now, yes (For effective PL 10?)
As far as the breaking PL, lowering the sword damage isn't AD HOC, it's straight from the rules. PL 10 means your combined damage/attack bonus can't exceed 20, so if you have a +12 attack with it, the damage would max out at 8. Personally, since you have power attack/accurate attack, i would suggest lowering your attack bonus to +10 and then just using those manuevers situationally when you need more accuracy or damage, your attack/damage could then range anywhere from 5 to 15.
You also may wish to put one more into either dodge/parry, as your defence for dodge/parry + toughness is currently sitting at 19 out of 20.

Ditto on that,

From my math you have spent 26 pts on saves, not 19, as I see no powers/advantages that give bonuses to anything other than the equipment to toughness

You are of course correct. My excel spreadsheet seems to, somehow decided to leave out parry from the sum. =P

You used to have regeneration 10, why change that?
I was said that reg 10 was no use with stamina 5. I got the same regen rate with reg 5 stamina 5 that I got from reg 10 stamina 5.

Jemal

Adventurer
I don't know who told you that but it's absolutely wrong. Stamina has no effect on your regeneration rate. Without regeneration you recover 1 per minute. With regeneration you recover your regen ranks per minute.
SO regen 5 recovers 5 per minute (1 ever 2 rounds). Regen 10 would be 1 per round. It wouldn't matter whether your stamina was -4, or 20.

Jemal

Adventurer
VV, did you get my last post? I noticed your character in the RG hasn't altered yet so figured I'd double check if you noticed it.

Remove ads