Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Jemal

Adventurer
H4H : I'd be happy to have you.

Jkason :
Each area has it's own effect, which can be increased by adding more ranks of it. Areas based off a Close Range have their effect centered/started at the originator.
If a cone's what you want, the 1 rank you bought would buy a 60' long/wide cone that starts at you. A burst of the same rank would be a 30' radius centered on you. In either case, adding additional ranks (For an additional +1/rank cost to the base power) increases the size by 100% (30'-60'-90' etc)

The affliction thing's fine, you can list as that, or just note that it's borrowed from Dazzle, so long as I know the specifics (Or at least where to look for them) when I'm going through the sheets in the future.

I kinda like the knockback effect, that sounds cool, so long as it's not very powerful (IE opponent goes flying 1000 feet etc)

The remote senseing, Teleport, and Permeate sound fine as you've described them now.

My idea was that Terry's subconsciously manipulating electrical impulses in folks' brains so that they're more receptive to him. He doesn't have the control to actually mind control folks or even have real emotion control, just make himself seem more charming than he would be without his abilities in play.
I generally dislike characters using one 'power' to grant so many variant abilities, but as it's a minor thing, I'll allow this one.

Jemal

Adventurer
Do sources of Impervious stack? Like 4 ranks in Enhanced Trait Stamina Impervious and Protection 4 Impervious? Both add to toughness, would this not net a total Impervious to my toughness rank at +8 Impervious?
Yes, so long as they don't go over your PL Cap.

Also, do I get the max +'s and -'s from growth no matter what size I am in between seeing as you allow PC's to go anywhere from normal size to max growth?
The bonuses, penalties, and size are all based on the rank you use. If you don't use a power to it's full extent, you don't gain the full benefits. (Part of the drawback to growth is the fact that its all tied together)

If this still looks.... wonky Jemal please, by all means, whip a character up that you think would flow better.. I'm floundering here and 'hoping' at best that I remotely know what I'm doing... any and all help here would be wonderful... I'd rather have a character someone helped me revamp and is effective than something I made and is in a lot of ways.. useless in some aspects heh...

Ok.. take two... lets see how I did this time!
First up, my primary problem with your sheet is that I can't seem to understand all your numbers, they just don't flow like what I'd expect, so It took me a little longer to figure out what all the numbers were and how they got there.

Secondly, you don't have any trade-offs listed, I would assume that as a Brick-styled character, you'd want to lower defense to raise toughness, and lower attack to raise damage? If so, the maximum trades to each would be +/-2 (As per the Powerful trait you chose).
In case the PL/Trade-off thing isn't making sense, here's an quick rundown:
PL is normally 9, meaning your Defense(dodge/parry) is +9, Toughness + 9, Attack + 9, Dmg(any attack effect rank) +9. With your Powerful trait you may make trade-offs of up to 2. You Can trade one type of offense for the other (Attack-Damge) or one type of defense for the other (Dodge/Parry-Toughness) By either one or two points. My suggestion would be +2tough/-2Dodge/parry To represent the hard to hurt but easy to hit nature of the character, and +2DMG/-2Atk, to represent that your swings are a bit slow but when they land do so with a lot of force.

Offense
Initiative: +0
Melee Attk (Unarmed): +3(+10), 9 Damage [+1(8) Fgt, +2 Skill]
Melee Attk(Grab): +3(+10) [+1(8) Fgt, +2 Skill]
You have your Attacks listed as +10 with dmg of 9, but with a PL Cap of 9 that puts you over. I suggest figuring out what trade-offs you want (see my statement above), and figuring out what your caps are from there.

Defenses
Dodge: +9 (9 Pts.) [+7 w/Growth]
Parry: +9 (9 Base + 1 Fgt) [+7 w/Growth]
Toughness: +10 [Impervious 8] ( +0 Base, +10 Powers)
Fort: +6(+13) (+5 Base +1(8) Sta)
Will: +6 (+5 Base, +1 Awe)
28 Pts.
Similar to Offenses, you have +9 dodge/parry and +10 toughness, breaking the cap.

Powers:
Razor Claws +9 (Damage, Penetrating +1/r) 18 Pts.
Steel Strength [Str] 7 (Enhanced Trait, Linked - Protection) 14 Pts.
Iron Toughness [Sta] 4 (Enhanced Trait, Linked - Protection, Impervious +1/r) 8 Pts.
Titanium Fists [Fgt] 7 (Enhanced Trait, Linked - Protection) 14 Pts.
Mass of Steel 4 [12 Ft. Tall] (Growth, Linked - Protection, +4 Str and Sta, +4 Intim. -4 Stealth -2 Parry and Dodge) 8 Pts.
Steelskin 4 (Protection, Sustained, Impervious +1/r) 8 Pts
Super Leap 8 [1800 ft. leap, 12 Seconds] (Leaping, Linked - Protection, Affects Others +1/r) 16 Pts.
86 Pts.
Iron Toughness should be 2pp/rank + 1/rank for impervious = 3/rank = 12.
Super Leap: Affects others doesn't seem really appropriate. If you're wanting to take them with you, that would be more a function of picking them up and carrying them. Affects others would be you somehow granting THEM the ability to perform a super leap of their own, and I'm not sure how that fits..

Rathan

First Post
Ok well I've made my attempt at it not and really I'm getting kinda frustrated wracking my brain trying to make this work... I just don't get it I guess.. so I'll bow your expertise and have you fix the mess I've made Jemal. You know the basic concept I'm going for here... I do happen to want him more bricky rather than attacky but I still want his damage high...

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Still fuzzy, but I want to try to convert anyway.

Found this in the Conversion Guide, maybe useful for our 'I turn to metal' guy:

Density
Density is a Growth effect with the +0 modifier Does Not
Modify Size, Speed, or Skills. This is balanced by the
benefits of the character still being able to hide behind
most cover and fit inside buildings or vehicles, although
they must be capable of supporting the character's
greatly increased weight, as mass rank still increases.
Frost (old):
Str:12 Dex:14 Con:14 Int:12 Wis:12 Cha:10

Tough+12 Fort+7 Reflex+7 Will+7

Skills (9/36ranks): Acrobatics 6, Bluff 6, Concentration 11, Notice 7, Craft Sculpting 6

Feats(7): Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attack-Focus (ranged 2), Power Attack, Precise Shot, Uncanny Dodge Visual

Power:
Cold Control 10 (20)
AP: Create Object (Ice; Impervious Extra, Permanent Flaw) 10 (1)
AP: Blast 10 (Cold) (1)
AP: Blast 10 (Ice) (1)
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 8; Drawback: Noticeable) (15)
Immunity (poison, diease, crit, suffocation, cold) (11)
Super-Senses (Infravision) (1)

Combat (24): Attack +6, Damage +10 (energy blast), Defense +6, Initiative +2

Abilities 14 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 7 + Powers 50 + Combat 24 + Saves 16 = 120

Trade-offs: -2 Att, +2 Damage ; -2 Defense, +2 Toughness

Flaw: Common moderate vulnerability (extreme heat)

Frost (new)

Trade-offs: -1 Att, +1 Damage ; -1 Defense, +1 Toughness

ABILITIES
STRENGTH 1
STAMINA 2
AGILITY 2
DEXTERITY 6
FIGHTING 6
INTELLECT 1
AWARENESS 1
PRESENCE 0

38 PP

POWERS

Cold Control (33):
Energy Control (Cold) (20)
AP: Create Object (Ice; Impervious Extra, Permanent Flaw) 10 (1)
AP: Blast 10 (Cold) (1)
AP: Blast 10 (Ice) (1)
Flight (Platform) 5 (5)
Environment Control (Cold, intense) 5 (5)

Frozen Body (31):
Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 10; Drawback: Noticeable) (19)
Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold) (11)
Super-Senses (Infravision) (1)

64 point total

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (2), Uncanny Dodge Visual

7 point total

SKILLS (currently ranks only)
Acrobatics 4, Deception 4, Perception 5, Expertise (Sculpting) 4, Insight 3

10 point total

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Unarmed +6 Close , Damage 1
Blast +8, Damage 10

DEFENSE
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 11
WILL 9 (7)

16 PP

POWER POINTS
ABILITIES 38 + POWERS 64 + ADVANTAGES 7 + SKILLS 10 + DEFENSES 16 = TOTAL 135

Potential Trait (PL is 10)

Complications:

Vulnerable to heat attacks

Known face

- work in progress -

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
That might be a nice idea WD as I can then just make my Iron Toughness power rank 7 and not have to worry about the +'s from growth but still get my size and reach bonus', making this a little easier! Thanks!

Jemal

Adventurer
That might be a nice idea WD as I can then just make my Iron Toughness power rank 7 and not have to worry about the +'s from growth but still get my size and reach bonus', making this a little easier! Thanks!
Actually the point of density is that it's like a growth that does NOT affect your size.

You were actually doing fairly well on your character, I've pointed out all the problems I saw. If you want me to finish it up for you, all I need to know is : What end result do you want? Do you actually want him to be a large individual? I think the Density would be appropriate as well, as when he's in his metal form, he'd be heavier (Most of his body has turned from flesh to steel).

Also, keep in mind that to my knowledge M&M doesn't use reach like D&D does (Being able to attack people several feet away/attacks of opportunity). There could definitely be some advantages in that regard from being larger, but I believe they'd be more circumstantial/height based than "10Reach" (If that was what you were going for?)

Jemal

Adventurer
WD - Just did a quick look-over. I understand its still a WIP just figured I'd make a few notes.
Create object should only be rank 9, I limited all powers to cap at PL, and Create shouldn't be affected by any trade-offs, not being a combat power.
Mechanically, what's the difference between a cold attack and an Ice attack? One an Energy attack, the other Physical?
Is the Noticable on his protection Visual or is it based on people feeling that he's so cold? (My view is that its a touch thing, maybe 10' away would notice it's 'chilly', and people using heat detection/infravision etc would notice how low his body temp is. Sound right?)
Immunity: Suffocation? Why does being icey remove the need to breath?
Unarmed +9 Close , Damage 1
(Varies based on shape)
Now I'm confused.. what shapes?

Also don't forget to pick one of the Traits I listed in Post 2.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
So looks like we got 4 WIPS plus maybe H4H
Shayuri - Cassandra Arista, Investigative Reporter (Telekinetecicst)
Rathan - James "Tinman" Corin (Brick)
JKason - Terry Quinlan AKA The Grid (Electricity)
WalkingDad - Jacob Calvins AKA Frost (Cold)
H4H - possible Cool dude with powers. ;)

Heh looks like Cass's the only one who hasn't taken on a super-identity so far.

Also, Haven't heard from Vertexx69 or Mark Chance since page one. Anybody know if they lost interest or are still lurking around?

Rathan

First Post
Jemal:

I want powerful trait and give him the max trade-offs where ever possible. Parry/Dodge for toughness, Attack for damage.

Change the size thing to Density Increase and increase my Stam Enhanced Ability up to 7 like the two others. It will be more points because of the impervious but I'm sure you can shave some un-needed points spent somewhere to make it all work...

To be honest I'd LIKE for him to have a longer reach especially as I made his grab something special to him and spent a lot of Advantages on improving his grab... so if you can work a '10 foot reach' type thing into him that'd be great. If not I can leap 1800 ft and grab... either way it's fine!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Cass will have a 'super identity,' since she joined GRYPHON. I just haven't included details on the WIP yet. :)

As for Steelman, I suggest using Density Increase to let him get tough and heavy without increasing in size. Then if reach is something you really feel like he needs...and Jemal's right, reach is really no big deal in M&M...then you can get it via Elongation. That is, his arms can stretch out. This could be part of his overall alternate form, if perhaps his body proportions change when he changes from flesh to steel...his arms are just naturally bigger and that's that. Alternatively, he could have proportional arm size, and the ability to manipulate the shape of his arms to make them stretch. Maybe it's some kind of psychic control over the metal of his body, similar to how he can bend his elbows and knees without needing complex joint mechanisms. Or maybe it's more like a pneumatic press, where his fist jumps out from his wrist on a pressurized pylon. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads