Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay! I think this qualifies as a first draft. Let me know what you think.

Name: Cassandra Allen
Codename: Fulcrum
Power Level: 9
Power Points: 135
Earned Power Points: 0
Hero Points: 1

Description: Cassandra is an attractive young woman in her early twenties with shoulder length, straight dark hair and exceptionally cute, large brown eyes. She constantly experiments with different hairstyles and styles of dress, trying to find something she likes but always discovering fatal flaws and discarding them. Cassie wears glasses, though just as often has contacts in.

Str 0 Sta 1 Dex 3 Agi 2 Fgt 1 Int 3 Awe 4 Pre 3

Offense
Initiative: +2
Melee Attacks +1
Ranged Attacks +6
- Telekinetic Attacks +9

Defenses
Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +9 (8 Impervious)
Fort +5 (+1 Con +4 base)
Will +7 (+4 awe +3 base)

Skills 20sp (10pp)
Deception +2 (+5)
Insight +3 (+7)
Investigation +5 (+8)
Perception +3 (+7)
Persuasion +2 (+5)
Ranged Combat: TK +3
Technology +2 (+5)

Advantages
Attractive 1
Ranged Combat 3
Equipment 1 (5pts)

Powers
Telekinesis Array 41pp
Telekinesis +9 (Move Object, Perception, Subtle, Precise, 3pp/rnk+2) 29pp
AP - Throw Something Big +8 (Damage, Ranged, Line Area 1, Indirect 4, Subtle 3pp/rnk+5) 1pp
AP - Throw Lots of Little Things +9 (Damage, Ranged, Multiattack, Subtle, 3pp/rnk+1) 1pp
AP - Compression Wave +9 (Damage, Burst Area, Selective Attack, 3pp/rnk), 1pp

Telekinetic Deflection (Enhanced Defense: Dodge +7, Enhanced Defense: Parry +8) 15pp
Telekinetic Shield +8 (Protection, Sustained, Impervious) 16pp
Telekinetic Lift +6 (Flight, Platform, Subtle 1, 1pp/rnk+1pp) 7pp

Equipment
Camera
Cellphone
Computer
Audio Recorder
Flashlight

Complications
Secret Identity - Cassandra Allen, feisty investigative reporter for small circulation rag; and has a conspiracy-theory themed website.

Conspiracist - Cassandra believes that the visible power structures of the world are merely facades crafted to distract the people from much more sinister, behind-the-scenes rulers who exert influence over sometimes even ordinary or trivial-seeming events. The specific conspiracy theories she endorses change periodically as she encounters ever more convincing ones on the internet.

Motivation - Cassandra is nearly obsessed with exposing the secrets and lies of those with authority over people...be it political authority of government bodies, or the economic authority of corporations and businesses, or even the spiritual authority of organized religion. Though she fights "small-time" crime as well out of sheer compassion and sense of civic duty, her real passion is going after malfeasance by those who 'have' against those who 'have not.'

Abilities 34 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 79 + Defenses 7 = 135/135

Walking Dad

First Post
WD - Just did a quick look-over. I understand its still a WIP just figured I'd make a few notes.
Create object should only be rank 9, I limited all powers to cap at PL, and Create shouldn't be affected by any trade-offs, not being a combat power.
Ok, I will make one of the blasts the 'primary' power and reduce the non-attack powers to rank 9.

Mechanically, what's the difference between a cold attack and an Ice attack? One an Energy attack, the other Physical?
Exactly. Immunity vs Cold gives no protection from being impaled by a javelin made of ice.

Is the Noticable on his protection Visual or is it based on people feeling that he's so cold? (My view is that its a touch thing, maybe 10' away would notice it's 'chilly', and people using heat detection/infravision etc would notice how low his body temp is. Sound right?)
Yes, sounds right. Also his body is harder than human flesh.

Immunity: Suffocation? Why does being icey remove the need to breath?
His body is frozen hard with the organs no longer functioning, including his lungs. Without the immunity he would suffocate. He also lacks the biological processes that require oxygen.

Now I'm confused.. what shapes?
Sorry, other character. I just used the sheet as a template.

Also don't forget to pick one of the Traits I listed in Post 2.
Will take Powerful, just to have the same skill ranks as before. Their costs increased much.

hero4hire

Explorer
I actually was working on a super-smart type of character but a lot of his abilities actually cross over with Grid's speed of thought stuff. So to preserve niche protection I am going to work on something else.

hero4hire

Explorer
Okay salvaging something of my character. I will be submitting a guy who is Combat Savant with some weakness detection. Basically He ends up being a Martial artist but due to powers.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kombat - PL 9

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 9, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 1, Awareness 9, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Favored Foe: Martial Artist, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (All) 4, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 7, Redirect, Set-up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Throwing Mastery, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Perception 1 (+10),

Powers
Defensive Savant: Enhanced Agility 7 (+7 AGL, Advantages: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind)
Offensive Savant: Enhanced Fighting 7 (+7 FGT, Advantages: All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Precise Attack (All) 4, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown 2, Throwing Mastery)
Tactical Savant
. . Combat Sense: Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Visual)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Awareness 7 (+7 AWE, Advantages: Assessment, Favored Foe: Martial Artist, Redirect, Set-up, Teamwork)
Weakness Detection
. . Senses: Senses 3 (Acute: Detect, Analytical: Detect, Detect: Weakness 1)
. . Strength Effect (Penetrating 2)
. . Weaken: Weaken 9 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: Reduced Toughness only vs his attacks, Check Required 9: DC 11 - Perception)

Equipment
Sword, Undercover Shirt

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +11 (DC Toughness Spec 14)
Sword, +11 (DC Toughness 22)
Throw, +9 (DC Toughness 20)
Unarmed, +11 (DC Toughness 19)
Weaken: Weaken 9 (DC Will 19)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 4, Toughness 9/4, Will 9

Power Points (Powerful)
Abilities 34 + Powers 106 + Advantages 2 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 145

Complications:
Secret: Jax doesn't like to talk about his past as a mercenary and the deeds he may have done.
Quirk: Kombat prefers to fight foes one-on-one. Particularly hand-to-hand fighters like martial artists or bricks.

Background:
Jackson Munroe was borne to a single Mom in a poorer section of a big city. Growing up he didn't quite fit in with the other kids. Due to this he got harassed & bullied almost everyday. That was until he hit puberty and he took out an older kid who had been making his life miserable with one hit. It was as if a switch went off in Jackson's brain. He instinctively knew where and when to hit someone and almost knew what someone was going to do in a fight before they did it. This drove hardcore martial artists crazy! For Jackson didn't seem to have any kind of form, adapting to whatever they could do as they did it. His rep began to grow and he came to the attention of a certain school that he might be "special". Unfortunately before he could even attend the school was attacked. The existence of metahumans was revealed and Jax was left to survive on his own. For awhile he became a smalltime enforcer than jobs became a bit bigger and he started doing genuine merc work..Until Alex Drake approached him and offered him a place at the Drake Centre as 'security'. Looking for some kind of meaning in his life Jax agreed....

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at Lone Wolf Development!

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Rathan : OK I did my version of Tinman.
A couple notes: I added some stuff I felt could make sense (Adamantine Determination to up your fort/will saves, and a bunch of immunities for your Metal Form.
Also, I dropped the Penetrating on your attack form, b/c it's completely unnecessary. In order to be immune to your attack WITHOUT Penetrating under the 3e Impervious rules, an opponent would have to have 21 Impervious toughness (Impervious blocks damage at 1/2 rounded up). I guarantee you that IF I ever use something that much stronger than you guys, it'll be on the "Stats are optional" level and penetrating won't be all that useful.
On that note, I dropped your Razor Claws alltogether, as well as the skills for unarmed/Grab, and just upped your fighting. Between that and your strength, you are completely adept at any form of close combat, from grappling to punching to picking up a tree and swinging it at your foes.

You have 9 Points left, I suggest using them on upping your skills or buying a couple more advantages that you'd like to use, or maybe some equipment if there's anything that interests you. All of your combat stats (Offenses/defenses/saves) are maxed at PL cap.

[sblock=Tinman]
James "Tinman" Corin - PL 9
Trait: Powerful(+10 pp)

Abilities: 16 pts
STR 1(11 Metal)
STA 1(8 Metal)
DEX 0
AGI 0
FGT 1(7 Metal)
INT 2
AWE 1
PRE 2

Offenses:
Initiative +0
Melee Attack: +1(7 Metal)
Specific Attacks: Unarmed +7 atk, damage 11

Defenses:
Dodge: +0 (7 training: 7pts)
Parry: +7
Toughness: +1(11 Metal, 10 Impervious)
Fort +1 (11 Metal)
Will +1 (7 Metal)

Skills: (24 ranks) 12 pts
Athletics: +6(10) *5 ranks + 1 Str(+5 Str Metal)
Intimidation: +6 *4 ranks + 2 Pre
Investigation: +6 *4 ranks + 2 Int
Perception: +4 *3 ranks +1 Awe
Persuasion: +6 *4 ranks +2 Pre
Expertise[Current Events]: +6 *4 ranks +2 Int

Advantages: 7 pts
Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Choke Hold, Contacts, Improved Defense

Powers:
METAL FORM (*All Linked*) - 94 pts
- Steel Strength: Enhanced Str 6 (Sustained, Improved Reach 2) - 14 pts
- Titanium Fists: Enhanced Fgt 6 (Sustained) - 12 pts
- Iron Toughness: Enhanced Sta 3 (Sustained, Impervious +1/r) - 9 pts
- Steelskin: Protection Rank 3 (Sustained, Impervious +1/r) - 6 pts
- Mass of Steel: Density Rank 4 (+4 str/sta, +4 mass, Impervious +1/r) - 12 pts
- Adamantine Determination: Enhanced Fort 3; Enhanced Will 6 - 9 pts
- Immunities: Cold/hot/High Pressure Environments, Critical hits - 5 pts
- Nonconductive: Immunity Rank 20 (Electric and Fire damage) - 20 pts
- Leaping Rank 7 (900 ft/rnd) - 7 pts

Equipment:

Complications: *Required 2*
Tradeoffs: -2 Def/+2 Tough; -2 Atk/+2 dmg; -2 Will/+2 Fort
COST: 16 Abilities + 12 Skills + 7 Advantages + 94 Powers +7 combat = 136/145
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
On the line of complications Jemal what would be fitting example for me? I'm not sure if this is more flavor or if it's something like a weakness that can come back to bite me in the butt later.

EDIT: Oh and I'm an *sshole... I forgot to say thankyou Jemal he looks awesome.. and SO much more neat looking than my mess LOL...

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Okay! I think this qualifies as a first draft. Let me know what you think.
Will Do!
Name: Cassandra Allen
Codename: Fulcrum
Power Level: 9
Power Points: 135
Earned Power Points: 0
Hero Points: 1

Description: Cassandra is an attractive young woman in her early twenties with shoulder length, straight dark hair and exceptionally cute, large brown eyes. She constantly experiments with different hairstyles and styles of dress, trying to find something she likes but always discovering fatal flaws and discarding them. Cassie wears glasses, though just as often has contacts in.

Str 0 Sta 1 Dex 3 Agi 2 Fgt 1 Int 3 Awe 4 Pre 3

Offense
Initiative: +2
Melee Attacks +1
Ranged Attacks +6
- Telekinetic Attacks +9

Defenses
Dodge +9
Parry +9
Toughness +9 (8 Impervious)
Fort +5 (+1 Con +4 base)
Will +7 (+4 awe +3 base)

Skills 20sp (10pp)
Deception +2 (+5)
Insight +3 (+7)
Investigation +5 (+8)
Perception +3 (+7)
Persuasion +2 (+5)
Ranged Combat: TK +3
Technology +2 (+5)

Advantages
Attractive 1
Ranged Combat 3
Equipment 1 (5pts)

Powers
Telekinesis Array 41pp
Telekinesis +9 (Move Object, Perception, Subtle, Precise, 3pp/rnk+2) 29pp
AP - Throw Something Big +8 (Damage, Ranged, Line Area 1, Indirect 4, Subtle 3pp/rnk+5) 1pp
AP - Throw Lots of Little Things +9 (Damage, Ranged, Multiattack, Subtle, 3pp/rnk+1) 1pp
AP - Compression Wave +9 (Damage, Burst Area, Selective Attack, 3pp/rnk), 1pp

Telekinetic Deflection (Enhanced Defense: Dodge +7, Enhanced Defense: Parry +8) 15pp
Telekinetic Shield +8 (Protection, Sustained, Impervious) 16pp
Telekinetic Lift +6 (Flight, Platform, Subtle 1, 1pp/rnk+1pp) 7pp

Equipment
Camera
Cellphone
Computer
Audio Recorder
Flashlight

Complications
Secret Identity - Cassandra Allen, feisty investigative reporter for small circulation rag; and has a conspiracy-theory themed website.

Conspiracist - Cassandra believes that the visible power structures of the world are merely facades crafted to distract the people from much more sinister, behind-the-scenes rulers who exert influence over sometimes even ordinary or trivial-seeming events. The specific conspiracy theories she endorses change periodically as she encounters ever more convincing ones on the internet.

Motivation - Cassandra is nearly obsessed with exposing the secrets and lies of those with authority over people...be it political authority of government bodies, or the economic authority of corporations and businesses, or even the spiritual authority of organized religion. Though she fights "small-time" crime as well out of sheer compassion and sense of civic duty, her real passion is going after malfeasance by those who 'have' against those who 'have not.'

Abilities 34 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 79 + Defenses 7 = 135/135

Looks Excellent, just two things to mention:

Your TK Array lists 41pp still, but the most expensive part of it is only 29 pp, with 3 AP's that should only cost 32pp. I'd suggest upping the dmg of your "Throw something big" to rank 9, making it the most expensive power in the array at 32 and meeting your PL cap with it, and the whole thing would then cost 35 pp, saving you 6 points over what you currently have listed.

Also you took no trade-offs and haven't picked a trait, were you planning on either? I'd suggest either Trained (To represent your training with Gryphon, you could put those 6 pp you save back into your TK Array, raising it's caps by 1 or 2 each), or Potential (Raising your PL to 10 though you may not be able to afford all your new caps right away)

Jemal

Adventurer
Rathan : No problem, You're welcome, I enjoy making characters, and Tinman was no exception.

Complications are things about your character that may come into play during a game.
Each character must choose two : One is their motivation (What drives them to do what they do? Greed, sense of Justice/Patriotism, are they being forced into it?), and the other could be anything.
Examples are secret identities, Addictions, relationships that coul be put in jeopardy, special Weaknesses, etc.. Essentially, anything that could have a negative impact on your character that isn't allready directly part of a power you have (IE you couldn't use the noticable/Heavy downside of your metalform as its allready factored into the cost of those powers)

You can have more than two, but don't have to. When a Complication impacts play, your character gains a hero point for having to deal with it. (Your girlfriend gets kidnapped, etc). How often they impact the game is mostly up to you, as you get to determine what they are and how many you have. You could take the bare minimum and just hope they don't show up often, or you could take lots, have a very complicated life where things are always happening, and reap the benefits in bonus Hero Points (But keep in mind that these DO impact your characters life).

I can't pick your motivation for you, but as far as other complications go, some suggestions would be Weakness: Magnetism(Your metal skin is ACTUALLY metalic, and magnetic, rather than simply appearing as such), Accident-prone(Increasing the chance that your Dense metal form damages buildings/streets/etc), Secret Identity (If you publicly masquerade as a super-hero but want to keep your identity secret), Or maybe Power Loss (Something prevents you from transforming into your metal form?)

You could also take an enemy/nemesis, some powerful (Whether politically, economically, or physically) opponent who really has it in for you.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Posting James again here with complications and my other 9 points spent... thanks again to Jemal for making him look neat and tidy!!!

[sblock=James "Tinman" Corin]
James "Tinman" Corin - PL 9
Trait: Powerful(+10 pp)
Earned Points: 0
Points Unspent: 7

Abilities: 16 pts
STR 1(11 Metal)
STA 1(8 Metal)
DEX 0
AGI 0
FGT 1(7 Metal)
INT 2
AWE 1
PRE 2

Offenses:
Initiative +0
Melee Attack: +1(7 Metal)
Specific Attacks: Unarmed +7 atk, damage 11

Defenses:
Dodge: +0 (7 training: 7pts)
Parry: +7
Toughness: +1(11 Metal, 10 Impervious)
Fort +1 (11 Metal)
Will +1 (7 Metal)

Skills: (36 ranks) 18 pts
Athletics: +6(10) *5 ranks + 1 Str(+5 Str Metal)
Intimidation: +8 *6 ranks + 2 Pre
Investigation: +8 *6 ranks + 2 Int
Perception: +8 *7 ranks +1 Awe
Persuasion: +8 *6 ranks +2 Pre
Expertise[Current Events]: +8 *6 ranks +2 Int

Advantages: 10 pts
Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Choke Hold, Contacts, Improved Defense, Eqipment 2 (Large Home, Expensive Car, etc.. Nothing special thusfar though)

Powers:
METAL FORM (*All Linked*) - 94 pts
- Steel Strength: Enhanced Str 6 (Sustained, Improved Reach 2) - 14 pts
- Titanium Fists: Enhanced Fgt 6 (Sustained) - 12 pts
- Iron Toughness: Enhanced Sta 3 (Sustained, Impervious +1/r) - 9 pts
- Steelskin: Protection Rank 3 (Sustained, Impervious +1/r) - 6 pts
- Mass of Steel: Density Rank 4 (+4 str/sta, +4 mass, Impervious +1/r) - 12 pts
- Adamantine Determination: Enhanced Fort 3; Enhanced Will 6 - 9 pts
- Immunities: Cold/hot/High Pressure Environments, Critical hits - 5 pts
- Nonconductive: Immunity Rank 20 (Electric and Fire damage) - 20 pts
- Leaping Rank 7 (900 ft/rnd) - 7 pts

Equipment:

Complications:
Bleeding Heart: James is a good man at heart, his experience as a television reporter hardened him in some ways, watching the vile world around him let the good in people be stripped and cut away day after day. With his experience with his new found powers at hand he's vowed to use them to help make a difference this time instead of just reporting the vile, he vows to clean it up in whatever way he can.

Magnetic Weakness: If metal has one weakness it's magnetic attraction. In his metal form he's so dense little magnets are no more than an annoyance, however a large enough magnetic field could wreak havoc with his powers as most of them are completely dependent on his ability to manipulate his metal form.

Ryan Corin: James has one son age 14. His mother passed away when the boy was 8 from cancer. This brought the two very close, but after Ryan learned of his fathers powers he withdrew from James thinking he would loose his father much like he lost is mother but this time to something almost completely unknown to most. Ryan is currently living with James parents in a small town outside the city while he tries to come to grips with what has happened to his father.

Tradeoffs: -2 Def/+2 Tough; -2 Atk/+2 dmg; -2 Will/+2 Fort
COST: 16 Abilities + 18 Skills + 10 Advantages + 94 Powers +7 combat = 145/145[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads