Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, characters are coming along very nicely, I'll be posting up a Rogues Gallery soon.
I'd appreciate it if everybody could post/repost whatever background info they've got for their characters asap, including possible connections to other characters and/or organizations. I understand your backgrounds may be incomplete/subject to change, I just want to see the basics of the character info's so I can start weaving the characters into the story on my end, and possibly start work on the IC opening post.

*A Note to Any Lurkers: I'm still open to having one or two more participants if you're interested*

Rathan - Looks like you're good to go, at least stat-wise! One thing to keep in mind is Complications are out of your control, so if/when they do come into play it may not be exactly how you'd pictured it (IE some powerful Magnetics might prevent you from turning your power off, moving, etc.. you never know until it happens). Just making sure you're aware.

Rathan

First Post
Well aware... we all have our flaws... and well I expect it to be used at some point... in fact I'm looking forward to it hehe

jkason

First Post
Okay, I think I fixed the problems on Terry. I couldn't get the Move Object thing to work mechanically (with a close range and only one direction, it wound up being ridiculously cheap, so he'd have an effective Str of +8 with the power, which seemed overpowered for what I was going for), so I added a linked Affliction instead: he hits with the closer electrical power, and there's a chance to do extra frying of the nerves, as it were.

[sblock=stats]Terry Quinlan AKA The Grid

PL 9
Powerful (145 PP)

Abilities

Str: 0
Ag: 2
Fgt: 0
Awe: 1/4
Sta: 1
Dex: 1/3
Int: 1/8
Pre: 1/3

Defenses:

Dodge: 5 (+7)
Fort: 5 (+6)
Parry: 5 (+5)
Toughness: 4 (+5/+9)
Will: 3 (+7)

Skills:
Close Combat (Shock Punch) 2 (+2)
Deception 2 (+5)
Perception 5 (+9)
Ranged Combat (electric blast) 6 (+9)
Technology 11 (+19)
Equipment 2 (10 ep)

Advantages: Improvised Tools, Inventor, Takedown

Powers:
Electrical Control Array (21 pts)
* Electric Arc 9 (Damage, Ranged 2/r) (18 pts)
* Alt: EMP 9 (Nullify electronics, Area (cone) 2/r) (1pt)
* Alt: Optic Nerve Overload 9 (Affliction (per Dazzle (impaired/disabled/unaware), Ranged, Cumulative, Limited (visual) 2/r) (1pt)
* Alt: Shock Punch 9 (Damage linked Affliction (daze/stun/incapacitate) 2/r) (1pt)

Comprehend (Machines) 2 (4pts)
Immunity (electricity) 5 (5pts)
Remote Sensing 9 (Visual senses, Medium (cameras) 1/r) (9pts)
Radio Sense 1 (1pts)

Electrical Form Array (17 pts)
* Teleport 8 (Accurate, Medium (electrical lines) 2/r) (16 pts)
* Alt: Permeate 3 (2/r) Linked Immunity 2 (suffocation, 1/r) (1 pt)

Hyper-sensitive Nerves 3 (Enhanced Awareness, PF: Uncanny Dodge 2/rank +1 flat) (7pts)
Super-conductive brain 7 (Enhanced Int, PF: Eidetic Memory, Skill Mastery (tech) 2/rank +2 flat) (16 pts)
Speed-of-thought nerves 2 (Enhanced Dex, PF: Evasion 2 2/rank +2 flat) (6pts)
Subconscious Cortical Stimulation 2 (Enhanced Pre 2/rank) (4pts)

Equipment:
Bulletproof Vest (3ep)
Commlink (1ep)
Mini-Tracer (1ep)
Goggles (toggle Flash and Night-Vision) (2ep)

Complications:

Motivation: Thrills. Despite the trouble he managed to land himself in with his hacking and the expression of his abilities, Terry has a hard time resisting the thrill of a challenge, especially puzzles and high tech security.

Fame/Reputation/Identity: As The Grid, Terry was a fairly notorious hacker. To other hackers, he's a role model who's troublingly fallen off the radar; to the major corporations he victimized, he's a danger that should be shut down.
Both groups have spent significant resources to try to identify who he is and where he is.

Powers 90 + Abilities 14 + Defenses 22 + Skills 15 + Advantages 4 = 145PP[/sblock]

[sblock=background]Terry Quinlan was always a natural with electronics and computers. Making it through MIT by the time he was 15, it was probably inevitable that things would eventually go a bit hairy; for all his abilities, he was still a teenager.

Rather than keep pleasing 'the man' by taking one of the many recruitment offers he had, Terry went underground, getting his kicks as a hacker called The Grid. He went toe-to-toe with global security systems, and when he asked, they just let him right in.

He'd always felt like a freak, but here, in the world of computers, he felt at home. He joked that, if he could find a way into the wires, that's where he'd live.

And then one day, he did just that. He touched his keyboard, laughing at the Gryphon research facility whose security camera he'd just hacked. And then, inexplicably, he felt himself shooting through nothingness, across the connection, until he showed up bodily within the facility.

It seems Terry's skills weren't just the result of a hyper-developed brain, but the first expressions of a meta-ability. His very genetic code had adapted to the electronic world. He could speak to and command electronics, use them to remotely view other locations, and even take on an insubstantial electrical form himself, transmitting himself through power lines.

Of course, at the time, he had no real control over the abilities, so when Gryphon security surrounded him, well, he found himself quite unable to refuse their own recruitment offer...[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Any comment on Kombat? Anything you'd like done different? He isn't finalized but I figure if there was something you wanted to see different I would try to incorporate it.

Jemal

Adventurer
H4H - I don't have the time to give it a thorough look right now, but after a quick run through only question I have is what do you want/expect from the acute, analytical detect weakness?

hero4hire

Explorer
H4H - I don't have the time to give it a thorough look right now, but after a quick run through only question I have is what do you want/expect from the acute, analytical detect weakness?

Detect only does just that. Detects Something. So alone it would allow me to see "Superman has a weakness." making it Analytical will tell me "Superman takes damage from Kryptonite and loses his powers under the Red Sun."

To make something Analytical it has to be made Acute first.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hero4Hire - Sorry it took me a couple days, been pretty busy at work and not feeling very up to the task when I got home from it.

First, do you plan on taking any of the traits I listed or sticking with standard meta-human? Looks like you've allready got a +2atk/-2Dmg trade-off, so I'm assuming 'standard'?

Kombat - PL 9

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 9, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 1, Awareness 9, Presence 0
34 points spent correct? (Base Agi,Fgt,and Awe 2 +7 from powers)

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Favored Foe: Martial Artist, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (All) 4, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 7, Redirect, Set-up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Throwing Mastery, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind
2pp - And so I've got things straight, it looks like all of your advantages except for Equipment are bought with Powers, correct?

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+10), Perception 1 (+10)
1pp - Why a single point in each acrobatics and Perception? Acrobatics I understand, but perception is usable untrained. Is it just where you decided to dump the extra skill point?

Powers
Defensive Savant: Enhanced Agility 7 (+7 AGL, Advantages: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind)
24pp

Offensive Savant: Enhanced Fighting 7 (+7 FGT, Advantages: All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Aim, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Precise Attack (All) 4, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown 2, Throwing Mastery)
40pp

Tactical Savant
. . Combat Sense: Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Visual)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Awareness 7 (+7 AWE, Advantages: Assessment, Favored Foe: Martial Artist, Redirect, Set-up, Teamwork)
20pp

Weakness Detection
. . Senses: Senses 3 (Acute: Detect, Analytical: Detect, Detect: Weakness 1)
. . Strength Effect (Penetrating 2)
. . Weaken: Weaken 9 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: Reduced Toughness only vs his attacks, Check Required 9: DC 19 - Perception)
14pp.
Two notes about the weaken effect. First, I don't believe you get to choose which save it goes against, it's determined by what the trait affects. As it it affects Toughness, I would think it would be a fortitude save.
Secondly - I'm not so sure about the weaken effect, I'll allow it for now but if it seems to be too powerful in play I will ask you to exchange it for something else.

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 14)
Sword, +11 (DC 22)
Throw, +9 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 19)
Weaken: Weaken 9 (DC Will 19)
What are the DC's? Is that the toughness DC? (And why is grab 'spec 14'?)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 4, Toughness 9/4, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 98 + Advantages 2 + Skills 1 (2 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 135

Validation: Complications: At least 2 Complications are required

Well, Looks good pending complications.

Remove ads