Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Jemal

Adventurer
Specific Questions:
How planar-savvy will/should the characters be at the begining of this, Jemal? Almost completely green primes might be fun to play (gives a nice sense of wonder).

Your characters will be some of the most powerful mortals around, it's more than likely that you at least have a working understanding of the planes, MAYBE some of you have visited (Most likely transitional planes, ie astral/ethereal, maybe something further out).
No problem with planar knowledge, but unless part of your character's 'thing' is travelling to or interacting with other planes (A planeswalker, Thaumaturge, etc.), leaving the prime is probably a big deal.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...Kinem beat me to it. :)

That said, I'm feeling a sorceror as well...maybe even a druid, though they lack some essential tools for dealing with planar stuff.

Though it's hard to go back to 3.5 sorcerors after the coolness that is Pathfinder sorcerors. :(

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]here are some character ideas that can get mutated to the need, and upped a few levels
these are all character ideas I never got to play.....:

--Chaotic Good Human male wizard (transmuter) 9
Name: Bernidect Arturo du metsade
as lv 20: transmuter 20

--Gerard Hampton, Neutral good Human Priest 8
as lv 20: cleric 20

--w5/f2/sb prc 1
swiftblade prc

as lv 20: w7/f2 swiftblade 10

or
--from a game you had an interst in, Fifth Sepulcher
"The Archeologist" sorcerer 6/rogue 2/fighter 2/PRC: Eldrich Knight 2

as lv 20: sorcerer 6/rogue 2/fighter 2/PRC: Eldrich Knight 10

what do you think of the swiftblade??

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'll try a melee character. Was looking at Giants, don't know if you'll allow that. An ogre perhaps?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Kinem - On the one hand, yes Warlocks do use Spell like abilities.. On the other, they aren't particularily overpowering in the way spells can be..
I'm gonna say you can stay lvl 20.

Shay - agreed, I've always felt 3.5 sorc was kinda robbed by having no lvl up abilities beyond spellcasting. There's no reason not to PrC ASAP..
Wanna use the pathfinder sorc?
I'll have to look it over again, make sure everything's compatible, but shouldn't be a problem.
You'd still be only lvl 19 if you wanna be able to cast the higher level spells though. :p

Scott: Keep in mind that mages would be lvl 19 if they're capable of casting 5th or higher lvl spells.
I'll have to take some time to look over the swiftblade, I'll check it out if i get some free time at work tonight.

VV : Depends on what kinda Giant? Ogres I'm fine with, they're not too far out.

Shayuri

First Post
Shay - agreed, I've always felt 3.5 sorc was kinda robbed by having no lvl up abilities beyond spellcasting. There's no reason not to PrC ASAP..
Wanna use the pathfinder sorc?
I'll have to look it over again, make sure everything's compatible, but shouldn't be a problem.
You'd still be only lvl 19 if you wanna be able to cast the higher level spells though. :p

First, yes, that'd be awesome. :)

Spellcasting progression for a Pathfinder Sorceror is exactly the same as a 3.5 one, except they get some bonus known spells from their bloodline.

A pathfinder sorceror is definitely a power-up over a 3.5 sorceror though. I'd argue that it's still in the range of 3.5 classes like wizard, cleric, and so on, due to the 3.5 sorceror being underpowered to start with...but I'd also understand if people playing rogues/fighters/etc also clamored to have the upgunned versions from Pathfinder if that's allowed for me.

To be honest, I don't see why that would be a bad thing, but it's something to consider. :)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
a working understanding of the planes, MAYBE some of you have visited (Most likely transitional planes, ie astral/ethereal, maybe something further out).
Experience being different than knowledge, that's pretty much what I meant by "green". :)

A further question while I'm at it: does Sigil exist in this version of the planes? The City of Doors is, in large part I think, a cludge to safely fit low level characters into a setting initially designed solely for high-level play. Since we already *are* high-level, I thought I'd ask.

Remove ads