Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Shayuri

First Post
One question...races in Pathfinder are very different than in 3.5...I'm assuming we're using 3.5 stats, but I figured I'd ask just to make sure.

Right now I'm considering a draco-sorceror...perhaps with Dragon Disciple, though that would be a reduction in spellcasting that is unattractive. And it still rewards a melee build I'm not sure I want, especially with an eldritch knight in the group.

Another possibility is a more fey concept. I do those a lot, but it's only because I never get to play one for long. :)

Something more planar might be fun too. Having a connection to other plane seems topical to the game's theme...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am tempted to go the cestial scor. myself.

And yeah for shared backgrounds!! I will read the whole thing l8r.

Shayuri

First Post
Mew.

Maybe I'll do an oracle then...no need to have two sorcerors, an eldritch knight and a warlock. That's a lot of concentrated arcane power. :)

Scott DeWar

heh, wouldn't it be interesting if my cestial scorcery was affiliated with your oracular connection?

Shayuri

First Post
That would be interesting indeed!

HMMM.

I must ponder on that. Perhaps one of us is aasimar? That'd cost a precious, precious caster level though...but if a 3.5e human doesn't get a bonus to a stat so...

HMMMM.

What do you think?

Scott DeWar

That would be interesting indeed!

HMMM.

I must ponder on that. Perhaps one of us is aasimar? That'd cost a precious, precious caster level though...but if a 3.5e human doesn't get a bonus to a stat so...

HMMMM.

What do you think?

we like!

now, re: Complete Mage PRC : Abjurant Champion

i am reading this right now.

Shayuri

First Post
Well no, I mean...what ideas do you have? :)

I still haven't decided what kind of oracle to make. Still looking at options.

There's some very cool ones, especially when I look at the level 20 capstone abilities...

kinem

Adventurer
Braham Bahli

Braham Bahli, male human warlock 20, CG; 200,000 xp

[sblock=stats]HD 20d6+140, hp 241; dead at -24

AC 42 (+6 dex, +9 armor, +5 deflection, +5 natural, +6 shield, +1 insight), touch 22, ff 30

Str 16(22)/+6
Dex 16(22)/+6
Con 18(24)/+7
Int 12(18)/+4
Wis 10(16)/+3
Cha 23(34)/+12

saves Fort +19, Reflex +18, Will +21; move 30'; BAB +15; init +6
grapple +21 (+28 to resist grapple w/freedom of movement)

attack mace +26/+21/+16 melee (1d8+11, 20/x2, cold iron, +2d6 vs evil)
or unarmed strike +21/+16/+11 melee (1d3+6 nonlethal, 20/x2, draws AOO vs armed)
or luckblade +19/+14/+9 melee (1d6+6, 19/x2)

eldritch blast +21 ranged touch (11d6 + EE + BS; 20/x2, 60' range, +24 vs SR, can take 10)
or mace + hideous blow +26 melee (1d8+11 + eldritch blast, 20/x2, +2d6 vs evil)

Feats: Ability Focus (eldritch blast), Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Arcane Mastery (can take 10 on caster level checks), Sudden Extend (1/day), Sudden Maximize (1/day), Sudden Empower (1/day), Extra Invocation (eldritch chain)

warlock:
The warlock’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

4 x 23 skill points:
Skills (ranks/total): Bluff 1/13, Concentration 23/30, Diplomacy(cc) 1/13, Spellcraft 17/21, Use Magic Device 17/29, Perception(cc) 11/14, Stealth(cc) 1/8, Knowledge [arcana 1/5, religion 1/5, planes 1/5], Sense Motive 3/6, Perform (cc)(dance) 1/13

languages: Common, ?

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Warlocks are proficient with all simple weapons. They are proficient with light armor but not with shields.
Because the somatic components required for warlock invocations are relatively simple, a warlock can use any of his invocations while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance.

The save DC for an invocation (if it allows a save) is 10 + equivalent spell level + the warlock’s Charisma modifier.
Since spell-like abilities are not actually spells, a warlock cannot benefit from the Spell Focus feat. He can, however, benefit from the Ability Focus feat (see page 303 of the Monster Manual), as well as from feats that emulate metamagic effects for spell-like abilities, such as Quicken Spell-Like Ability and Empower Spell-Like Ability (see pages 303 and 304 of the Monster Manual).

Eldritch Blast (Sp): 11d6. An eldritch blast is a ray with a range of 60 feet. It is a ranged touch attack that affects a single target, allowing no saving throw. An eldritch blast deals 1d6 points of damage at 1st level and increases in power as the warlock rises in level. An eldritch blast is the equivalent of a spell whose level is equal to one-half the warlock’s class level (round down), with a minimum spell level of 1st and a maximum of 9th when a warlock reaches 18th level or higher.
An eldritch blast is subject to spell resistance, although the Spell Penetration feat and other effects that improve caster level checks to overcome spell resistance also apply to eldritch blast. An eldritch blast deals half damage to objects.

Detect Magic (Sp): As the spell at will.

Damage Reduction (Su): 5/cold iron.

Deceive Item (Ex): When making a Use Magic Device check, a warlock can take 10 even if distracted or threatened.

Fiendish Resilience (Su): Once per day, as a free action, he can enter a state that lasts for 2 minutes: fast healing 5.

Energy Resistance (Su): He has resistance 10 against cold and fire.

A warlock can apply an eldritch essence (EE) invocation and a blast shape (BS) invocation to the same blast.

Invocations: 3 least, 3+2 lesser, 3 greater, 3 dark; EE, BS, or Other (O)
least:
Eldritch Spear (BS, 250' blast)
See the Unseen (see invisible and darkvision, 24 h)
Hideous Blow (BS, as standard action, add blast to melee attack)

lesser:
Fell Flight (fly 30', good, 24 h)
Curse of Despair (+22 touch, bestow curse, Will DC 28 negates but target still takes -1 to attack for 1 min)
Charm (60', charm monster, up to 20 days, Will neg DC 28; target gets +5 on save if under threat)
Eldritch Chain (BS, if hit initial target, may attempt to hit another target within 30’ of initial target. If the blast hits again, may attempt another, up to 4 secondary targets. Secondary targets take ½ damage. No creature may be struck more than once by the “chain”.)

greater:
Devour Magic (Greater Dispelling by touch, gain 5 temp hp/spell level dispelled, last 1 min; can't use on own invocations)
Vitriolic Blast (EE, acid damage, no SR, +2d6 damage for 4 rounds)
Noxious blast (EE, Fort DC 33 or target nauseated 1 round (house ruled))

dark:
Binding Blast (EE, from CMage; Will DC 33 or target stunned 1 round; mind-affecting effect)
Eldritch Doom (BS, blast affects all designated enemies within 20', no attack roll but Reflex half DC 33)
Retributive Invisibility (6th; Greater Invisibility, self only, 20 rounds(D); if dispelled, shock wave, creatures within 20' take 2d6 damage + stunned 1 round (Fort DC 28 for half and no stun))

Equipment: 1,000,000 gp:

cloak of resistance +5, 25k
headband of int +6 and cha +6 and disguise, 92.7k
amulet of con +6 and wis +6 and natural armor +5 and greater fell power (+2d6 to eldritch blast), 192k
belt of str +6 and dex +6, 90k

+5 glamered mithral chain shirt (ACP 0, max dex +6), 28.8 k
+5 mithral buckler, 26.015k

ring of protection +5 and sustenance, 53.75k
ring of freedom of movement (+7 to resist grapple), 40k
ioun stone, dusty rose prism (+1 insight to AC)

+5 holy cold iron heavy mace (1d8 b, 20/x2), 100.324k
luckblade (+2 short sword (1d6 p, 19/x2, martial weapon), +1 luck to saves, reroll any roll 1/day), 22.06k

Weapon Cord, 1 sp
Weapon cords are 2-foot-long leather straps that attach your weapon to your wrist. If you drop your weapon or are disarmed, you can recover it as a swift action, and it never moves any further away from you than an adjacent square. However, you cannot switch to a different weapon without first untying the cord (a full-round action) or cutting it (a move action or an attack, hardness 0, 0 hp). Unlike a locked gauntlet, you can still use a hand with a weapon cord, though a dangling weapon may interfere with finer actions. (Warlock invocations OK.)

boots of teleportation (3/day), 49k
cube of force, 62k
tome of Leadership and Influence (read, +5 cha), 137.5k

silversheen (4 doses, 1 hr each), 1k

wand of silence (50 charges), 4.5k
wand of cure serious wounds (50 charges, 3d8+5), 11.25k
wand of major image (50 charges), 11.25k
scroll of heroism (x6, +2 morale to att, saves, skills, 30 min), 2.25k
scroll of glibness (x2), 1.05k

handy haversack, 2k (Type B bag of random stuff; 1.1k nonmagical stuff inside)

portal to the bazaar, 20k (Type C bag of random stuff; items at 110% price; 22.35k store credit)

100 gp, 9 sp

Equipment: "Bag of Random Stuff".
Type A: NonMagical : This is a normal backpack that just has a lot of stuff crammed into it. It cannot be used to store anything, but whenever you need a mundane piece of gear worth 100gp or less, you can reach in and find it *Assuming it can fit* (Full round action to dig around). Deduct the cost of the item from the amount stored in the bag.
Cost: 10 GP + however much 'stuff' you want to be able to pull out of it (Can be 'reloaded' at any store).
Type B: Magical: This can take the form of a Hewards Handy Haversack or Bag of Holding. It's carrying capacity is halved. It works like a nonmagical Bag of Random Stuff, but there is no price limit to the gear that can be pulled out (Provided it is not magical). Any 'special' gear (Special/Alchemical substances/items, Special materials, etc) costs twice as much. (IE an Adamantine Battleaxe would cost 6020 to pull out of the bag, or alchemist's fire for 40gp. )
Cost: Base bag + amount inside.
Type C: Portal to the Bazaar : This is reserved for High level/Epic games. This seemingly ordinary bag is actually a dimensional portal to the Bazaar, an entire plane full of merchants. The owner has an account with a trusted (Well as much as those guys can be trusted) Merchant in the Bazaar, and can use the bag to buy or sell items without needing to travel. Any purchaseable item that can fit through the 4'X4' Opening (Including magic items) may be purchased at standard Market Price +10%.
Likewise, the merchant will buy any goods placed inside at 50% standard Market Price. They will be automatically and correctly Appraised. (There's demand for practically everything in the Bazaar, so he can resell it). The Portal's owner will have his account credited the amount. The owner can also add to his account by simply depositing money straight into the bag. There are no refunds however, only store credit.
Cost: 20,000 + Account balance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Description]Braham Bahli is a man from the desert, thought to carry genie blood. He is tan and bearded, about 6' tall. The only gods he follows are the four genie gods of the elements (Air, Earth, Fire, and Water) and this only because he feels they are his kin.

His career has been spent opposing tyrants and less organized monsters alike. He became famous for his part in overthrowing the man known as "King Devon the Devil". Through dangerous adventures, his power grew quickly.

He tries to aid worthy causes when he can, but as he's getting older, he increasingly has felt a desire to travel and see new things.

Though he's not native to the region, Braham was among the party who fought in Kadrath to stop the magical drought on Rauland.[/sblock]

Note:
To avoid MAD, I didn't take Dark One's Own Luck (overpowered bonus to save) or Word of Changing (polymorph other, a save-or-lose ability) or Noxious Blast (save-or-lose) or Eldritch Glaive (full blast attack).

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Well no, I mean...what ideas do you have? :)

I still haven't decided what kind of oracle to make. Still looking at options.

There's some very cool ones, especially when I look at the level 20 capstone abilities...

sorry, prepping for a table top game tomorrow, my mental rescorses are being greatly divide.

What if we were of the same evil fighting organization that trained Gerard? I took a looky look at ability adjustment and saw the +2 cha, wis.

Remove ads