Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

D'Raven

First Post
My option both as a player and character would be 4. I go my self, I can act the suffering merchant plagued with a well paying but foolish client, lots of merchant in jokes and side insults to the client, but I realize that's not much of an option, so depending how discreet people can be 3 is fine but 2 is better if some think they can't keep from spilling secrets. Darrian is rather paranoid after all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I think D'raven migth have been voting for *option* 2, with half a vote in option 3? (which would make it three and a half votes for option 3. We all go, I believe). In any event, Ur will go if everybody goes but will remain with (Braham?) if he decides to stay back and stake the place from across the street or something.

For communication, I don't think that's worth worrying about too much if this Illithid is at all competent (he probably has a shielded interview room too). So long as we have a way to signal an emergency, I think we should be alright -- so the only major worry would be an inexcapable anti-magic room, since a fireball through the roof is usually easy enough to interpret. :devil:

Jemal

Adventurer
Tutek especially is highly recognizable, and if our enemies from back home are making any attempt to keep tabs on the Bazaar (as Braham assumes they might be), having him go is inviting trouble.
Remember the bazaar is nigh-infinite, and the diversity is much more than anything you're used to at home. Also there's practically no travel between the prime and the outer planes, so out here he's about as recognizable as Norman Borlaug. Sure he's famous, and some people might know him, but that's a bit of a niche group.

There is also the possibility that the illithid remembers Braham from the scroll, in which case Braham should go as the client, to prevent the number of us that the illithid knows about from growing much.
Highly unlikely from what you guys understand of the spell. The magic shows a vision to you, not to those whom you see, unless they are EXTREMELY powerful - like demigods or Epic Casters with powerful magics specifically warding/searching for divinations that involve them.

And for the record, Darrian does know of a shop that sells magical aluminium helmets that prevents mind reading while worn, but are rather conspicuous, resist magical shape-changing and illusions to hide them, and if worn for extended periods of time cause increasing paranoia.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah yes, the long-rumored Helmets of Tinf'oil. Their efficacy is legendary, as is the social stigma to those who wear them in public.

It is said that one cannot have an internal monologue with one on. One is compelled speak aloud those thoughts one normally keeps unsaid.

Truly, a blessing and curse mingled.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
packing today, moving tomorrow, unpacking tomorrow and the third, then July the 4th - Independence day - on Thursday. WEEEEEEEE!

Jemal

Adventurer
Scott: Yeah feel your pain man. Almost exactly same thing happened with me. Packing, Movers postponed, then move, unpacking, and then July 1st(Canada day instead of Independence day).
Someone asked me to cover their shift at work tonight and between the laughing I forgot the polite way to say "AW HELL NO".

OK, so votes so far:
Binder Fred: Send Darrian/Tutek/Gerard
Kinem: Either Send just messengers, or send Darrian/Tutek/Gerard
D'raven: Just Darrian
Shayuri: All go
Scott: All Go

Hmm, not exactly decisive. Lets remove options 1 and "4".
I think it comes down to D'raven: would you rather go with Tutek and Gerard, take everybody, or slip away from them, going by yourself and probably ticking off the whole party and having your brain eaten? :p

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
being disabled is even more frustrating as I can't do it myself! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

D'raven: just flip a coin!

Remove ads