Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Shayuri

First Post
Mew. I am leaning towards summoner.

No need to give me anything extra though. Oh. Okay, maybe one thing. Can I use the Pathfinder list for Summon Monster? :) A 9th level summon monster can then summon a celestial who can cast Heal. There's your healing right there.

Limited of course by the fact that I can't use my Summon Monster SLA while my Eidolon is out. So there's give and take.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I know you may not see this too very soon,

but I was wondering if what you meant by :

scott:
*snip*
If any of them are the MIC's notorious "times per day" Item's then know that I don't like those very much.
*snip*

was this for example:

-Choker of Life Protection: Negate 3 neg levls per day,
+2 Ac vs undead, detect undead at will (for possessing two
pieces of set) Magic item comp pg. 216

I hope your move goes smooth. I haven't seen my electrician's tool belt or meters since i moved.

Scott DeWar

[yet another] question

regarding a hversack source of mundane items,

do we 'pre pack' with xxx,xxx gp of materials and re-load when we need to? or just 'charge ourselves' ? example: powdered granite & dimond for stoneskin spell: 250 gp

cost from the haversack: 500 gp

remove from personal coin: 500 gp

or is it:

[for example] load 20,000 into haversack; remove 10,000 worth of materials out over time. reload. repeat.

kinem

Adventurer
Jemal, is the following item from the Pathfinder AA OK? If so, does a dangling weapon interfere with warlock invocations? Thanks.

Weapon Cord, 1 sp

Weapon cords are 2-foot-long leather straps that attach your weapon to your wrist. If you drop your weapon or are disarmed, you can recover it as a swift action, and it never moves any further away from you than an adjacent square. However, you cannot switch to a different weapon without first untying the cord (a full-round action) or cutting it (a move action or an attack, hardness 0, 0 hp). Unlike a locked gauntlet, you can still use a hand with a weapon cord, though a dangling weapon may interfere with finer actions.

edit: BTW, I just saw that Noxious Blast nauseates for a minute, not just a round as I'd thought, so I got rid of it as it's a save-or-lose ability. I hadn't realized that warlocks are so powerful in 3.5. If the gloves had been off, a warlock 20 could make easy work of many CR 20 monsters.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Move went well, really like the new place. Internet cones on Friday, so using phone til then.

Kinem - for other mages I'd say it does, but warlock invocations specify that they're relatively simple, so it'd be fine. May have some problems if you try any quick movements while it's dangling you may risk injury.

As far as locks being powerful, yes indeed they are. I've actually used single or paired warlocks as challenging encounters for an entire party at the same level. Used well they can be great! I love'em.
If you wanna use it as the single round version I'd be ok with that.

Scott - yes, Stuff like that is what I meant, but it's more the offensive stuff I dislike,defensive's fine for the most part.
For the bag, they need to be pre-loaded. (fluff-wise they have the stuff 'in them' already.). You can reload them at any merchant.

Exception being the portal - you can reload it by simply tossing money through to your Bazaar merchant.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Okay...this is me being crazy.

Summoners have on their spell list a little jewel called Create Demiplane. Would it be okay, if I start with that spell on my list of known spells, for me to begin the game with my own little demiplane? I'd spring for the cost of the needed scrolls of Permanency so as to make it a lasting thing. Each scroll would cost 21,125gp, so it's not an inconsequential expense. I figure I'd need two of them to create a demiplane that's 110' x 110' x 30'. Enough space for a decent sized home and some landscaping.

What say you, sir?

Also, I'm feverishly designing eidolons. I have a really big four-armed winged humanoid who likes to knock people into the magical pits my character makes. I have a flying octopus/jellyfish thing that enjoys grappling people and hitting them over and over again. And I am considering the merits of a draconic-looking critter that I can ride around on.

Sadly, there can be only one. Though I am an evolutionist Summoner, so I can change my Eidolon's evolutions pretty easily.

Scott DeWar

Jamal seems to like the draconic thing. just my 2 coppers. I have even seriously thought about changing my scor [celestial] to [draconic] [copper].

oh, by the way, an acre = 43,560 square feet, or 198 ft by 220 feet, FYI. In case any one was curious.

Last edited:

Remove ads