[Gauging Interest] WEG Star Wars

d2OKC

Explorer
Awesome, guys!

Since I didn't really get any feedback, I'm going to go ahead and assume you'll be working as part of a larger crew. I'll go ahead and post something about the rest of the crewmembers later today (probably this evening, since I don't really want to do too much at work).

You'll still be operating out of the Ghtroc 720.

I'm going to make an Obsidian Portal page for the campaign as well. It helps me stay organized, and it's a fun way to share it with other people. :)

Thanks for the work so far, and the game hasn't even begun!

Thanee

First Post
Since I didn't really get any feedback, I'm going to go ahead and assume you'll be working as part of a larger crew.

I actually meant to reply to that post...

I think that's a good idea, having a slightly larger crew. Especially when you look at how many crew quarters the transport has. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Insight

Adventurer
OK short version of Nam's backstory (if you don't want to read the novella above). He and another gambler named Joshin were part owners of a Ghtroc 720 series freighter named the Nautolan Star. They each took a 40,000cr share of the ship and (after my little story ends), Nam bought out Joshin and now owns the ship. Nam is also on the run from a powerful gambling syndicate on Nar Shaddaa. This is still unresolved as of the start of this game.

The other characters are crew that Nam picked up during his travels around the galaxy. Since he was broke and could not pay the crew, he has offered them shares in ownership of the Nautolan Star until such time as they can be paid properly. So, each of them owns 25% of the Nautolan Star and Nam owns the controlling 50%. Nam owes each of them 20,000cr to pay off their share of the ship.

Does that sound OK to everyone?

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I actually meant to reply to that post...

I think that's a good idea, having a slightly larger crew. Especially when you look at how many crew quarters the transport has. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Well, to work in my idea, how about if we have additional crew that are of considerably lesser skill and impact than the player characters and don't have shares in the ship? They are basic employees and do stuff like maintenance and loading/unloading cargo and guarding the ship when the main characters are gone.

We could still be working for a patron; that would not preclude my ideas at all.

Thanee

First Post
I also have an idea how Serrah could have come to join the crew.

Another bounty hunter was sent after Joshin, hired by the Nar Shaddaa syndicate, but he only found Nam and the ship after he had already bought the remaining share. Of course, it was his best trail, so he went after Nam to find out where Joshin is hiding.

Serrah herself was after that bounty hunter, one of the more nasty representatives of her profession, due to some vile things he did and a contract she got on him because of those.

As things came together, Serrah got her contract fulfilled, while she also managed to keep Nam safe from the other bounty hunter. And so they found themselves on the same side and decided to keep it that way.

Bye
Thanee

d2OKC

Explorer
All right.

Here is the Obsidian Portal site I set up, just for organization's sake: Edge of Space.

Here are the crew members you've hired on. They aren't quite "heroic" characters like you guys, but they do each have a story to tell, if you're interested in taking the time to learn about them.

Stegg Lennik - A veteran spacer - Stegg was hired on as a do-all hand. He can pilot, navigate, run the sensors station, or work on maintenance. He doesn't have a specialty, per se, but he's been around enough to be able to do a bit of everything - including fight.

Quin - A scavenger - Quilinius-wecilin (Quin for short) is a first-class scavenger and haggler. She has come in handy multiple times when a particular part was needed for the Nautolan Star or a deal was needed to be made in a hurry. Not great in a fight, but always up-beat. Great for ship's morale.

ZED - A medical protocol droid - ZED was bought for nearly nothing on a small, outer rim planet. Joshin needed a protocol droid and ZED was all that was available. He is a great medic, and only a passable translator. The opposite in temperament from Quin, but he's a realist and keeps expectations tempered.

There's also some info about other NPCs you might know about - the local Imperial Governer, a rival crimelord, and Oro Rend's right-hand-man.

Just a little info to get you started. Should we shoot for a Monday start?

d2OKC

Explorer
My intention is that you absolutely can add to the site, if you want to. I don't want to make it a requirement.

I use the same site for my home campaign, and those players do not add to it. They have been invited to, but most don't have any desire. If you wanted to add your characters (and anything else!) I would love it. It's a wiki, after all, so it would be fun to have other people contrbuting as well. Especially since I plan on this game having a very cooperative style of play.

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... I think you need to invite us as players into your campaign for that to actually work?

My account is Thanee over there as well. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads