Gay PCs or NPCs

Eli-kun

First Post
I've played heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and asexual characters of both genders. Sometimes I don't think about the sexuality of my characters because it doesn't come up.

My first character that lasted more than one session was a lesbian. She was a half-orc barbarian/fighter with a low charisma. An attractive female NPC cleric entered the tavern where the entire party met. While 2 male PCs were fighting over her, she went with the party's female bard. My character eventually got to join them, and she also beat up the male PCs who were attempting to peep.

My most flambouyant male character was heterosexual. He was a bard.

My female dwarf Drunken Master is attracted to anything with a beard. She also doesn't really care very much about sex. She's more interested in killing things and getting drunk.

I've occassionally seen other players play homosexual or bisexual characters.

JoeBlank

Explorer
diaglo said:
at one point in the campaign over half the players were gay. Ryan, his beau, Shayne, and Sean. with Sam, Marty, and I straight.

some sexuality did come up in game. and has on occassion. Ryan's played a female. and made moves on various NPCs and PCs.

and Sean has changed sexes due to reincarnate.

now that Joe is a woman.... well Cha 21.. how can it not cum up...

diaglo is speaking of my PC in Olgar's game. He was a male gnome, but thanks to a reincarnate is now a female halfling. As a sorcerer, she has a high CHA, and diaglo's halfling has been giving her a few too many sideways glances.

Of course, the group is not currently in a situation for anyone to consider sexual escapades, which is good because Ozzy (nee Sully) had not yet figured out how to handle this development.

I have had gay NPCs in games I have run, and oftentimes the PCs and players have no idea. To be slightly less than politically correct, I recently ran Hall of the Rainbow Mage, and the players made some assumptions about the Rainbow Mage based on his name.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
It's never come up for us, I don't put sexuality as a big issue in the games. If your character is gay that's fine. If you want that to be a major plot point or the focus of the session I'd tell the player they would be much happier in someone elses game.

Bardsandsages

First Post
I've only deliberately used homosexual NPCs twice. The first was to annoy a homophobic PC who was working my one last good nerve by being a rules lawyer (the worse kind...one that doesn't even know the rules). So as a little passive-aggressive mischief, I had a gay bard hit on his dwarf. He overreacted, killed the bard, and got arrested. The party had a paladin in the group, so instead of breaking him out of jail and fleeing the area, they actually sought out to hire a lawyer for him. For my own amusement, I let one of the players roll up and design the "lawyer" character and play it in court. He argued that the human male bard was actually verbally assaulting the dwarf, and the dwarf was acting in self-defense. After all, why would even a gay man hit on a dwarf? The trial took up two sessions and was just hysterical.

The second time was a pair of lesbian dancers. The players were a bit immature, and evil aligned. So after a victory they decided to hire some prostitutes. Then one of the guys, trying to get a rile out of me, said he wanted to hire lesbians. So I gave them lesbians, but they were actually assassins. Killed two party members with them :p :] The boys were just not prepared for combat.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bartmanhomer said:
Is it really neccessary to play a homosexual characther? :\

it isn't technicly neccessary to play a character at all, I suppose - you can just play a sheet full of stats, feats and equipment. :confused: But if you are interested in playing characters, and your personal and/or literary experiece includes gay charaters, you may eventually come up with a character concept that is gay. Nothing neccessary about it, but nothing anymore unneccessary than any other characterization. *shrug*

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Character sexuality doesn't enter much into it, unless the player is interested in playing through romance plotlines. Only a few of my players have been interested in such. What few have been interested in romance have played heterosexual. Probably only because romance plots are hard enough to play without "switch hitting", and the individuals have all been hetero themselves.

Remove ads