Gay PCs or NPCs

Samnell

Explorer
Bartmanhomer said:
What is the difference between homosexual and heterosexual?

The two terms were coined in the late 1800s by a German sexologist who's name escapes me at the moment. A heterosexual person would be one who experiences romantic and physical interest in a person differently-sexed from he himself or she herself. A homosexual person is one who experiences the same with people of the identical sex. A bisexual person would do both to some degree.

The majority of the human populace appear to be heterosexual, much as they appear to be right-handed. A minority are of the homosexual persuasion, with estimates difficult to attain given remaining social stigmas and so forth. The rights of this minority are currently a major political issue under contention in the US.

Nine Hands

Explorer
Actually we have had several PCs and NPCs that where of various sexual orientations.

Terry - An australian Valkyrie pilot for our Robotech game who was homosexual. He made a great friend for my character (who was a woman), they had lots of things in common and it worked out well.

Rae - My current PC in our Robotech game who after 10 years has gone from exploring homosexual contact to embracing her strong feelings for other women. She is a very different person now from when she started.

Several Elven NPCs (I run an all elf game), who cross the line both male and female but mainly bisexually and usually as a short passtime.

Sidereal Knight

First Post
Samnell said:
The two terms were coined in the late 1800s by a German sexologist who's name escapes me at the moment. A heterosexual person would be one who experiences romantic and physical interest in a person differently-sexed from he himself or she herself. A homosexual person is one who experiences the same with people of the identical sex. A bisexual person would do both to some degree.

The majority of the human populace appear to be heterosexual, much as they appear to be right-handed. A minority are of the homosexual persuasion, with estimates difficult to attain given remaining social stigmas and so forth. The rights of this minority are currently a major political issue under contention in the US.

Very well said, although I would add that this issue is more widespread than just in the US.

I'll stop now before I stray into politics.

lukelightning

First Post
I was considering complaining about the "men with lesbian character" situation in which a straight man has an elvish lesbian nympho or something.

Then I realized that even though I'm gay my character is a horrible caricature of a straight man... he's a witless womanizer who tries to "get with the ladies" at any opportunity.

So my stereotype balances the other out.

Henry

Autoexreginated
My latest character cares for no sex - he's merely desirous of more personal power. He's so power-mad, he'd sleep with a capacitor. :)

I've seen it twice. Once for Vampire - someone played an NPC from a book who was gay, and once we had an accidental lesbian dwarf.

The character played a female dwarf, then forgot about it. His character got laid (by a female), and he only remembered later (the morning after, if you will) that his character was female.

Remove ads