Gay Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Remember when men with long hair or with earings weren't "normal".
Because men with long hair and earrings weren't culturally/societally "normal" (business men, store clerks, doctors, etc.). Long hair and earrings became accepted as normal once "normal" men started doing it. When people saw that a guy growing his hair long didn't turn into a hoodlum, long hair became acceptable.

If people see gays as the stereotypical cross-dressing drag queen, they fear that their child/friend "becoming" gay leads to that. If they see gays as just like them, then a child/friend saying, "hey, I'm gay," just leads to, "ok, you're still you."

Bullgrit

Bullgrit

Adventurer
That last one unfairly mocks a group of people who seem to be the current target for acceptable bullying.
But you're ok with my mocking Southerners and NASCAR? [And doesn't NAMBLA have "love" in it's very name? I can't believe I'm talking about NAMBLA.] I just assumed we probably didn't have any furry sexers around here. If we do, I apologize for picking on them. I'll stick to picking on my own culture.

Bullgrit

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If people see gays as the stereotypical cross-dressing drag queen, they fear that their child/friend "becoming" gay leads to that.

And, if they see a bunch of cross-dressing drag queens*, and realize that they are *harmless*, they stop worrying about them. If they never see drag queens, they will never come to understand them, and will thus always fear them. If you come to realize that the extreme end is harmless, then certainly the moderate version won't be a worry.

*As opposed to those drag queens who don't cross-dress? Redundant phrasing.

So, now that same sex marriage is legal will the gay rights activist now work on getting Bigamy legalize? What about polygamy? And those who wish to marry in the family? Or was it not really about marriage equality for all,but just for them?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Because men with long hair and earrings weren't culturally/societally "normal" (business men, store clerks, doctors, etc.). Long hair and earrings became accepted as normal once "normal" men started doing it. When people saw that a guy growing his hair long didn't turn into a hoodlum, long hair became acceptable.

If people see gays as the stereotypical cross-dressing drag queen, they fear that their child/friend "becoming" gay leads to that. If they see gays as just like them, then a child/friend saying, "hey, I'm gay," just leads to, "ok, you're still you."

Bullgrit

It is the same thing. People discovered guys with long hair are ok and they'll discover that stereotypical cross-dressing drag queens (who aren't necessarely homosexuals) are ok too, and it won't bother them that their kid becomes one. Like parents do not freak out when a boy has long hair. Well most of them anyway.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
But you're ok with my mocking Southerners and NASCAR? [And doesn't NAMBLA have "love" in it's very name? I can't believe I'm talking about NAMBLA.] I just assumed we probably didn't have any furry sexers around here. If we do, I apologize for picking on them. I'll stick to picking on my own culture.

Bullgrit

I never said I was ok with mocking anyone. ;) As for NAMBLA - you brought it up. If you don't want to discuss (I certainly don't), then don't.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But you're ok with my mocking Southerners and NASCAR? [And doesn't NAMBLA have "love" in it's very name? I can't believe I'm talking about NAMBLA.]

Allow me to rephrase - the Nazis, KKK, and NAMBLA *cause harm to people* - they are all groups defined by abuse. Mocking them is thus in the realm of, "They deserve it".

Furries, on the whole, are about consensual relations and aren't hurting anyone. They are a small fringe group without power. Mocking them is kicking a small dog. Not very cool.

Southerners and NASCAR are beyond big dogs, and are up around the size of cattle. Mocking them is kicking a bull. It probably won't notice, but you are doing so at your own risk, as it is quite capable of defending itself against a kick, thank you.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Allow me to rephrase - the Nazis, KKK, and NAMBLA *cause harm to people* - they are all groups defined by abuse. Mocking them is thus in the realm of, "They deserve it".

Furries, on the whole, are about consensual relations and aren't hurting anyone. They are a small fringe group without power. Mocking them is kicking a small dog. Not very cool.

Southerners and NASCAR are beyond big dogs, and are up around the size of cattle. Mocking them is kicking a bull. It probably won't notice, but you are doing so at your own risk, as it is quite capable of defending itself against a kick, thank you.
Especially Nazi Super Cattle:
http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-herd-of-nazi-cows-into-sausages-9958988.html

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Kiraya's Korner - A safe place for LGBTQ+ gamers - find me on Patreon - KirayaTiDrekan
What's the Q and + mean in LGBTQ+?

And, if they see a bunch of cross-dressing drag queens*, and realize that they are *harmless*, they stop worrying about them.
If you want someone to learn how to dive into a pool, you start with a low height. You don't force them off the 20' height, then say, "See, you survived, so you know jumping from the edge will be easy."

As opposed to those drag queens who don't cross-dress? Redundant phrasing.
I know. I was trying to make sure the image was clear.

who aren't necessarely homosexuals
I know.

But anyway. Overall, society seems to be coming to accept homosexuality as the LGBT(Q+ ?) proponents are handling it. I'm just wondering if the coming around could be faster with my suggestions. I have known some people in my life who probably would have accepted it sooner if they saw more "normal" and less "weird" earlier on.

Bullgrit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads