GenCon 2023 RPG tickets sold. Update with breakouts by edition.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think every year I've done GenCon Online (four years now), DCC has been the third most popular RPG behind 5E and Pathfinder. Goodman does a great job of getting judges out there to run games for the public.
I have not done Gencon in a very long time and never online (Though im curious). A good friend of mine always got with the Goddman folks and would run gencon events. Loved the funnels playtests of the last few years. Sadly, my friend is very ill and wont likely make another. :(

darjr

I crit!
Yeah I think is true of many of those games. People who attend GenCon do not represent at all the more casual gamer that makes up most local RPG players.
I dint believe that’s true. The folks I went with absolutely do. Many of the folks I ran for do.

A lot folks this was their one time or the rare time they got to go. Every time I’ve went a lot of folks were like that.

Did you go?

I dint believe that’s true. The folks I went with absolutely do. Many of the folks I ran for do.

A lot folks this was their one time or the rare time they got to go. Every time I’ve went a lot of folks were like that.

Did you go?
Ok. I tend disagree but that is ok. I did not attend this year but attended several years prior to Covid. I am not saying there are no casual RPG players there but I don’t believe the attendees are representative of most casual gamers. I say this as someone familiar with D&D clubs at local high schools, many of the players at my local hobby shop and my own home game group.

darjr

I crit!
Ok. I tend disagree but that is ok. I did not attend this year but attended several years prior to Covid. I am not saying there are no casual RPG players there but I don’t believe the attendees are representative of most casual gamers. I say this as someone familiar with D&D clubs at local high schools, many of the players at my local hobby shop and my own home game group.
Well if the only real difference is they went to GenCon then it’s not really much if a difference.

I get what your saying though, just i can’t agree in such a blanket statement, especially since I know many folks who have gone.

My son for one, he’s only gone once, in 2010.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well if the only real difference is they went to GenCon then it’s not really much if a difference.

I get what your saying though, just i can’t agree in such a blanket statement, especially since I know many folks who have gone.

My son for one, he’s only gone once, in 2010.
But are you and your gamer buddies truly casual players, though? I think defining that term is probably key to figuring out which of you -- if either -- is right here.

darjr

I crit!
But are you and your gamer buddies truly casual players, though? I think defining that term is probably key to figuring out which of you -- if either -- is right here.
My friend may fall on the border but I dint think his kids would.

And if you want to tighten up the definition or restrict it more, please note there are quite a few locals that go ti GenCon. One in particular I met at random in the course way who would probably fit the bill. But I’ll give y’all that he could be a vanishing minority.

It’s that to label every one a non casual seems like a straw man.

But do not worry about convincing me. I’m perfectly happy being in disagreement.

Remove ads