GENCON Begins! Plus 10 Most Anticipated RPG Releases!

Technically, Gen Con doesn't begin until Thursday, but many publishers and fans are already in Indianapolis or en-route. Gen Con, as you may well know, is North America's largest tabletop gaming convention. Over the next week I'll be sure to share any scoops I hear of regarding your favourite roleplaying games, so keep an eye on this news page. Plus, of course, on Friday night the ENnies take place! I'll be posting the list of winners as soon as the award ceremony finishes.

Technically, Gen Con doesn't begin until Thursday, but many publishers and fans are already in Indianapolis or en-route. Gen Con, as you may well know, is North America's largest tabletop gaming convention. Over the next week I'll be sure to share any scoops I hear of regarding your favourite roleplaying games, so keep an eye on this news page. Plus, of course, on Friday night the ENnies take place! I'll be posting the list of winners as soon as the award ceremony finishes.

Here's the floor sign awaiting airport arrivals - you can see this as you come down the escalator. Indianapolis always makes gamers feel welcome for Gen Con!

11751970_10153291949417530_3123934948489898803_n.jpg

RPG Geek posted a great list of the ten most anticipated RPG releases at this year's Gen Con. In alphabetical order, they are:

• Chill Third Edition from Growling Door Games, Inc.
  • Cthulhu Britannica: London and related releases from Cubicle 7 Entertainment
  • The Cypher System Rulebook from Monte Cook Games
  • Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls from Flying Buffalo, Inc. (FBI)
  • Fantasy AGE releases (Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana and Fantasy AGE Basic Rulebook) from Green Ronin Publishing
  • Feng Shui 2 from Atlas Games
  • HeroQuest Glorantha from Moon Design Publications
  • Lankhmar / Nehwon from Pinnacle Entertainment Group (Savage Worlds) and Goodman Games (Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game)
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game releases (especially Occult Adventures) from Paizo Publishing
  • Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook from Fantasy Flight Games

Is it unusual for WotC not to have any panels at Gen Con?
They used to have several each GenCon. One for novels, one for upcoming products, one for the Realms, and maybe a Q&A or Design and Development panel. There was often quite a few. Even last year they had "panels" where they sold 5e, talked about the design process, and then helped people build characters.
Now they're just going to be at the 5e booth answering questions and chatting.

Henry

Autoexreginated
They used to have several each GenCon. One for novels, one for upcoming products, one for the Realms, and maybe a Q&A or Design and Development panel. There was often quite a few. Even last year they had "panels" where they sold 5e, talked about the design process, and then helped people build characters.
Now they're just going to be at the 5e booth answering questions and chatting.
Yeah, some of the most fun panels at GenCon in years past was with people like Ed Greenwood, Steven Schend, Rich Baker, etc. because they had some of the most fun stories to tell --

... ESPECIALLY Ed. :)

Yeah, some of the most fun panels at GenCon in years past was with people like Ed Greenwood, Steven Schend, Rich Baker, etc. because they had some of the most fun stories to tell --

... ESPECIALLY Ed. :)
Oh man... At PaizoCon they occasionally have a Secrets of TSR panel. Or they did in 2012-14. The 2012 one had Ed in it and it was one of th funniest things I've ever heard. That company was so messed up.
I think Know Direction recorded those. For anyone interested in D&D history, they're completely worth listening to.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads