Status
Not open for further replies.

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Erekose13 said:
A link for the character judges - Pinkie
Sending an email to nimisgod - Click Here
Sending an email to Knight Otu - Click Here

Just fill out the form and click send :) You can also click on any person's picture and view their public profile. There will be a button to send an email to the user on the right. I've copied that link for you above.

Thanks, trying to learn stuff without my dad....;]

ajanders

Explorer
Priest stuff

I have some thoughts in my head about the worship of Sela, religious titles, and the like.
Is anyone interested in me posting it?
If so, where?

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
I have some thoughts in my head about the worship of Sela, religious titles, and the like.
Is anyone interested in me posting it?
If so, where?
I'd say make a new [Record] thread with all the Sela info in it, and it could be linked from the Pantheon thread (or just added in there)

ajanders

Explorer
This thread has been started, but not finished.
I'm interested in feedback and thoughts before linking it to the pantheon entry.

SlagMortar

First Post
So, my rogue/fighter Nars wants to buy a masterwork shield that is also a masterwork weapon for use with shield bash. What should the cost of this be? I imagine it would be base cost of shield + 150 for masterwork + 300 for masterwork weapon. Is that reasonable?

orsal

LEW Judge
SlagMortar said:
So, my rogue/fighter Nars wants to buy a masterwork shield that is also a masterwork weapon for use with shield bash. What should the cost of this be? I imagine it would be base cost of shield + 150 for masterwork + 300 for masterwork weapon. Is that reasonable?

From the SRD (emphasis added)
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#masterworkWeapons said:
Even though some types of armor and shields can be used as weapons, you can’t create a masterwork version of such an item that confers an enhancement bonus on attack rolls. Instead, masterwork armor and shields have lessened armor check penalties.

And again:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#masterworkArmor said:
The masterwork quality of a suit of armor or shield never provides a bonus on attack or damage rolls, even if the armor or shield is used as a weapon.

So I think it's pretty clear, this isn't possible for any price.

SlagMortar

First Post
Ah, I hadn't seen that. My question came from reading the rules under enchanting.
Under enchanting shields is says
A shield could be built that also acted as a magic weapon, but the cost of the enhancement bonus on attack rolls would need to be added into the cost of the shield and its enhancement bonus to AC.
So a masterwork shield at +150 is enchantable as a magic weapon?
So then a +1 to hit/damage light wooden shield costs 2159 and is the cheapest magic weapon available?

That's strange, but I guess that's the rules.

Bront

The man with the probe
SlagMortar said:
Ah, I hadn't seen that. My question came from reading the rules under enchanting.
Under enchanting shields is says

So a masterwork shield at +150 is enchantable as a magic weapon?
So then a +1 to hit/damage light wooden shield costs 2159 and is the cheapest magic weapon available?

That's strange, but I guess that's the rules.
Yes, it seems odd, but that is it. I think the thinking is that a shield can't be mundanely augmented beyond a normal bonus to hit, as defense is the first priority of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads