General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rae, just read the last several pages of this and saw your overhaul of the character pages. Just thought one of my PC's needed to be moved over to the active list. A certain "friendly neighborhood half-orc" named Kurgahz. If you'd shift him to the active list since he's in the adventure you are DMing, that'd be great. Thanks. ;)

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
A question about characters…

In the ‘Guide to Living EN World…’ thread, it says:

Living Enworld Judge said:
The Guide to Living EN World (Updated 7/21/06)
Each player can have up too three different characters. You can only have 1 character at a given location at a given time. This means that your character cannot interact with another of your own characters…

Both before starting and after completing an adventure, your character can go to the Red Dragon Inn to interact with other characters and form a party. When a new adventure is introduced, the Red Dragon Inn will be the most likely place to find the hook for the adventure. The Red Dragon Inn acts as the primary hub for adventures, though there may be additional taverns added later.

What happens if a player has two characters that coincidentally complete adventures at the same time? Surely, they would both be likely to head straight to the RDI for another ‘assignment’.

Since the RDI isn’t just another ordinary location, is it permissable to have two characters there as long as they don’t interact with one another?

I am interested because I have created a second (unapproved as yet) character that I would like to intro in the RDI. One that would bring different skills to a party than the current occupants.

B4cchus

Explorer
Having two characters in the RDI isn't permitted as far as i know.
The way most people solve this is by having one of the characters reside in the RDI and the rest be 'wandering in the city' somewhere.
If an adventure recruitment or good RP situation for the (/a) character who isn't in the RDI comes up the one who is there just leaves the RDI while the other enters..

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Yup, that's pretty much it. The rule exists to avoid situations where one of your PCs helps the other by gifting them XP, GP, or treasure or similar assistance.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Question- Is there a map of the city of Orussus anywhere? Thinking about making a small vignette to help clear some traffic from the RDI and was wondering about placement for what I'm considering.

Velmont

First Post
Well, there has been many maps, but none have been really approved officially. You have a very rough map here that I made after collecting all the information on Orussus in the compilation thread made by El Jefe.

There is one that Rae have suggested here, which contradict my map somehow.

There is also another on the wiki site, here, that show no district or buidling.

I think it could be a good idea to set up a bit more Orussus, draw a map and try to place at least the district. No need to draw every single building on the map, but something that will set things so at least teh distrcits stop to move around.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Yup, that's pretty much it. The rule exists to avoid situations where one of your PCs helps the other by gifting them XP, GP, or treasure or similar assistance.
Yep. As an example, my first PC spent most of her starting gold by lending it to another PC Wizard so the Wizard could summon her familiar. My PC didn't care--she finds no use for gold, though she'll always take gifts of gold when offered so as not to insult the giver. No one complained about this, as it was natural for both characters to do. However, if the Wizard had been a second character of mine, then it would have involved crying foul. But it was natural that they would do this. So to avoid forcing you to RP unnaturally, you just can't have them meet. To lightly poke fun at this, I created two characters, one looking for the other, the other complacent in the fact that a prophecy has stated that they will never meet.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
To lightly poke fun at this, I created two characters, one looking for the other, the other complacent in the fact that a prophecy has stated that they will never meet.
Until there is a wild-magic-caused rift to the Astral, allowing one of them to toss a few crossbow bolts to the other as backup. ;)

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Until there is a wild-magic-caused rift to the Astral, allowing one of them to toss a few crossbow bolts to the other as backup. ;)

Yup, and that allowed the second to miss once and then she found enough bolt for teh remaining of her adventure... and I will laugh if the first will ever need bolt and see he has none left :p

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
Yup, and that allowed the second to miss once and then she found enough bolt for teh remaining of her adventure... and I will laugh if the first will ever need bolt and see he has none left :p

If "Heroes Must Rise!" is a precedent, Githyanki and Githzerai are fairly fond of the crossbow as a weapon -- that's why Opale has had a pretty much unlimited supply of bolts recently. We'll leave the astral behind soon, though, and presumably the Gith as well.

(Yay! Back to plotting maps in non-headache-causing 2D!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads