Gestalt Terror and Blasphemy (Group I)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tammarian was bothered by the casual brutality in which Ikobian killed himself...or rather his possessed gargoyle. Not that he himself hadn't left a trail of bodies miles long, but somehow, it felt different. He had nearly blasted the paladin and his friend with some of his most powerful spells, but decided on a whim to let the man speak.

So, can you give me any reason to trust you? Besides, this is dangerous area, and you could get hurt. Smirking, Tammarian concentrates, his flamboyant clothing and armor shifting into a flaxen robe, and his own face becoming that of the newcomer's. [Disguise +22]

You know, just for the record, I could help, you know, try and find those traps. I'm not too bad at it, myself.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ikobian briefly considers the implications of the arrival of a Paladin to the scene while continuing to scout the complex. Another ally could be useful, the corruption of local nature might, if allowed to continue, deepen and expand to throw this idyllic little playground of a world into an unattractive disarray. If he was as dangerous as he seemed he might well be worth the bother of working with, and if he wasn't he would soon cease to be a bother. If, on the other hand, he was an agent of the enemy it would be well to have him close and supervised.

nameless

First Post
"I suppose I can't give you a reason to trust me, beyond your faith. My appearance, however, is no trick, verify it with magic if you must. I have taken a vow to spurn all worldly possessions." [Diplomacy +15 (+17 against good)]

"Many seasoned adventurers would certify me insane for challenging evil with only my faith to protect me, but protect me it does. And I am intent on laying to rest whatever force waits within this cavern, be it by words, by arms, or by sorcery. Perhaps it would be more appropriate for me to ask you this question: will you join me, as I am going with or without you?"

[ooc: I'm not sure where Ikobian's host is, but if he is within 20 feet of Lex and I, he's gonna come to and be very confused.]

Serpenteye

First Post
nameless said:
[ooc: I'm not sure where Ikobian's host is, but if he is within 20 feet of Lex and I, he's gonna come to and be very confused.]

ooc:
Ouch! So you've got some kind of permanent Protection from Evil effect going on? Which is not only going to disrupt my Dominations but also protect all of our enemies within your range from being posessed (Malevolence) by me? Ah, no matter, *shrug* I'll work around it.

If my host is not within 20 feet of you now he'll be within that zone soon enough. Consider the Domination broken.

Creamsteak said:
(What exactly is the background of your host anyway?)

He's some nobody. An unemployed caravan guard, physically strong but not very skilled (level 5-ish). A rather ordinary personality, neither good nor evil, unpleasant nor charming. Basically a "Guard nr 58" type character.

Ikobian picked him pretty much at random to have someone inconspicuous to impersonate before our employers.

Serpenteye

First Post
Creamsteak said:
(If you don't mind, I'll make your host to be Harlan, since he happens to have a more thorough background. Is that alright?)

ooc: Wow, that's a lot of background for a simple NPC. Nice work. And it's quite alright.

nameless

First Post
Serpenteye said:
ooc:
Ouch! So you've got some kind of permanent Protection from Evil effect going on? Which is not only going to disrupt my Dominations but also protect all of our enemies within your range from being posessed (Malevolence) by me? Ah, no matter, *shrug* I'll work around it.

If my host is not within 20 feet of you now he'll be within that zone soon enough. Consider the Domination broken.

OOC: It's Lex, actually. He's a lantern archon, so he continually radiates a Magic Circle Against Evil to 20 feet.

Serpenteye

First Post
nameless said:
OOC: It's Lex, actually. He's a lantern archon, so he continually radiates a Magic Circle Against Evil to 20 feet.
ooc:
:D Protection Against Evil doesn't dispell Domination, it only unmakes its effect while he's inside the zone. Poor Harlan, the spell is going to turn on and off every turn (since movement is not simultaneous, unless you carry him.) He'll become a nervous wreck within minutes. :]

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Oh? So you're crazy then? Tammarian asks, affecting the accent and mannerisms of the newcomer, in addition to his appearance. He saunters forward, smiling, and extends a hand in greeting.

In that case, you're welcome with us by my standards, or lack thereof. Laughing, he returns to his normal appearance. Leaving the rest of his companions to further question the paladin, Tammarian begins to move up the corridor, searching for traps, hidden doors, recessed panels, buried treasure, or things that try to kill him.

Last edited:

Remove ads