• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Girl in Glass 4th Edition Campaign

tomlib

Explorer
Hello all,

We've started my latest homebrew Adventure Path story arc, The Girl in Glass, and I'm posting all game related information on an Obsidian Portal Wiki The Girl in Glass

I'm using MapTool to run the game.

I'll post a weekly recap of events in a First Person point of view similiar to what I have done with the Scales of War campaign for which I am a player.

The wiki is fairly up to date with information.

After we finish each of the modules I will compile them and make them available to all for download. In the meantime I'm posting the adventure itself and the various encounters on the site. Hopefully I'll get the hang of getting screen shots with MapTool and post those as well.

Happy Gaming one and all,

Tom

Whet our appetites. What is the Girl in Glass campaign about? I'm slightly intrigued because I once ran a game where an NPC's soul got stuck in a mirror and for several sessions the party had to find a way to extract her soul. Whether yours is like that or not, I'm a little interested.

(But not interested enough to go exploring a wiki without some foreknowledge.)

tomlib

Explorer
The Girl in Glass Overview

Ok Ranger Wickett!

The Girl in Glass is an eighteen part homebrew Adventure Path set in and around the city state of Tanelorn where the Grey Lord enforces a path of absolute neutrality. It takes a group of young adventurers from 1st to 30th level using Dungeon and Dragon 4th Edition Rules.

For centuries a mysterious human girl, always sleeping in a glass coffin, appeared sporadically around the world, always in the center of the ancient stone circles that symbolize a Continent Wide Empire that once ruled the world. Rumors have spread about this girl, she is a daughter of the original Emperor and will wake when the empire is ready to be restored, that she is a symbol of the human Usurper who destroyed the Empire and tried to annhilate all the humanoids, and many others just as wild.

But, now she is appearing, fully awake and pleading for release, and not just in the stone circles. Is it a trick? Are the Gnolls of Grelm planning to disrupt Tanelorn and conquer the city, are the Rock Lord and his stone minions planning an invasion? Or is the Old Empire rising again?

No one knows for sure but everyone wants to find the girl and everyone for different reasons.

Can young Rambleton Hilltopple (a former halfling slave to the Orcs of the Five nations), Rhia Buffalorider (a young woman fled her own kingdom having heard rumors that women are allowed to be knights in Tanelorn), Azraim Melabidactus (a dragonborn born under terrible signs and cast away from his own clan), Misrael al Halladun (a Tiefling slave from lands far to the south teleported north by still working magic of the Ancient Empire), Josephus Sunspite (a dwarven miner craving a life of adventure), and Horus Calmuck (a low born orc of the Five Nations with dreams of glory), find The Girl in Glass and will they be able to answer the age old question about her:

Does she sleep, or does she wait?

Find out .... in the Girl in Glass!

tomlib

Explorer
Are you going to post your maps?

This is me, another Maptools DM, looking for maps to steal to make my life easier.

Hey Rechan,

My plan is to make each Campaign file available for free download when we finish playing. I'm tweaking so much that I'm a little shy about releasing them until after I've corrected some of the big problems. I'm going to release each module in the same way so all the material will be freely available.

Happy Gaming!

Tom

tomlib

Explorer
GiG Updates

Wiki Here: The Girli n Glass
Recap Here: Recap

We're three sessions into the Adventure Path and things are going well. Maptool has given me a few unanticipated issues but we are mostly worked through them and moving right along.

The group met one of the BBEG that will be plaguing them through the Heroic Tier and were suitably unhappy with he and his minions.

Everyone is getting the hang of MapTool which is truly awesome. It speeds up combat immensely.

Happy Gaming,

Tom

tomlib

Explorer
Session 5

We are now five sessions into The Girl in Glass.

We had our best MapTool session last night and everyone is really getting used to playing via Virtual Tabletop.

See the Home Page of the Wiki or the Recap page for details about the adventure. They are getting deeply into the overarching plot now. We should finish the First Adventure of the Campaign next week.

We did three battles and a long role-play last night in three and a half hours which is very good time for us. MapTool really helps because it takes away all the math and bookkeeping but it's been a chore getting to work correctly. Thanks to the friendly folks at their Forum I'm beginning to get a good handle on it.

Happy Gaming!

Tom

tomlib

Explorer
New Sessions

Back at it!

After a bit of an absence we've gotten back into the Scales of War recently. We had a couple of sessions that concluded the Temple Between that were just battles and not very exciting but we've moved on to the seventh adventure now.

Our GM has substituted a homebrew module for the one in the Adventure Path that has to do with the Ghost Lord. It is starting out quite well. I've heard that the Paragon Path part of the Scales of War are generally the best of the adventures so I have high hopes we'll continue on for a bit.

scalesofwar.wikispaces.com/

Tom

P.S. Ooops, I posted this in the wrong thread. This is our Scales of War Campaign. The Girl in Glass campaign continues as well and we are now in our 22nd session.

Remove ads