Give me the idea, I build the race

Sporemine

First Post
Here's a challenge, a living paradox.

Also

You're getting flooded with ideas and I think you need to enlist somebody to help you quickly. I'm bad at races and wrangling my own thread right now, so i'm busy, but, this is going to be hard to do solo.

Kudos

-Sporemine

Last edited:

ceiling90

First Post
Well, they're technically from star wars; but the whole point of the race is that they are blind. But not without some other form of vision of course. Think more along the lines of Dare Devil or Bat Sonar; versus the whole "Seeing through the 'Force' (from Star Wars)". How do you go about making a race that has in effect Blindsight?

willows

First Post
Well, they're technically from star wars; but the whole point of the race is that they are blind. But not without some other form of vision of course. Think more along the lines of Dare Devil or Bat Sonar; versus the whole "Seeing through the 'Force' (from Star Wars)". How do you go about making a race that has in effect Blindsight?

Here's a sketch:

- Your targets don't get concealment when you're blinded. (The logic here being that head trauma / energy discharge sufficient to blind you can shake up your force sense, and you don't gain blanket immunity to a condition)
- Minor-action encounter racial power to see through concealment for your next attack.

Feats to let you modify 'line of sight' etc.

sammy

First Post
One of my players loves fairies and sprites. I have thought of a 1/2 sprite-fairy race that is part that race and possibly gnome or elf (thats gotta hurt...), and have a start, but could use some PEACH and suggestions.

Sammy

willows

First Post
So, next, let's handle winged humanoids and flying for Sporemine and mentat555. I'll try and cover one request for each person before I start going back for seconds.

(PS if anyone wants to help out, please do!)

CELESTIAL MUSICIAN
In ancient times they were created by the gods for entertainment; now they are free.
Racial Traits
Avg. Height: 5'4"-6'0"
Avg. Weight: 140-200lb
---
Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Cha
Size: Medium
Vision: Standard
Languages: Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Endurance
---
Immortal Origin: You are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Unbroken Tongue: When you speak, you may choose to make your words understandable to all listeners.
Radiant Voice: If you are wearing a neck slot item that provides an enhancement bonus to defenses, you may use it as a holy symbol implement with the same enhancement bonus to attack rolls and damage.
---
Apsaras
Speed: 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Dash: When you make a double move, your fly speed increases by 2 (thus if your fly speed is 4, you may fly 12 with a double move).
---
Gandharva
Speed: 4 (clumsy), fly 7
Delicate Hands: Gandharvas wield weapons as though they were Small-sized.

Physical Qualities
Celestial musicians are humanoids with certain physical qualities of birds. Their plumage is the iridescent green-and-bronze of a jungle peacock or the bold primary coloring of a tropical macaw.

Apsaras bear a pair of wings in one of several places, varying by ancestry: on the sides of the head, sprouting from the hips or elbows, or one lesser pair on each wrist. Even when they are at rest, an apsaras' wings are always fluttering. They have narrow faces and prominent, beaklike noses. Their eyes tend to match their plumage, and their large irises give their serene expressions a childlike quality. Most apsaras seen in the world are female; the males tend to stay in their ancestral homes.

Gandharvas have a centaur-like body plan, human from the waist up, with the torso and hindquarters of a long-legged raptor. Older gandharvas develop extremely long, trailing tailfeathers and primaries.

Feats

I'm stumped for these at the moment. Neither movement mode should have an easy feat-based upgrade; there are possibilities for special aerial attacks or extensions of the Radiant Voice ability, I imagine.

Shade-Drake

First Post
Id also like to see half beholder,, a humanoid with mabye a crown of 2-4 stalks?
not the elite/solo that beholders are just looking for a decent utility or encounter power from them that has randomness or more than one ability(thus making up for the fact they have more than 1 eye)

Last edited:

willows

First Post
Here's the list:

Done:
- Golems (Flipguarder)
- Flying / winged humanoids {Celestial Musicians} (Sporemine, Mentat555)

Sketches:
- Miraluka (ceiling90)

To Do:
- Flipguarder:
--- Ghost
--- Illithid
--- Illurien race
--- Treant
--- Vampire
- Mentat555:
--- Advanced senses
--- High ability mods
--- Large or Tiny
--- More than 2 hands
- Sporemine:
--- Half-Dragon
--- Half-Fiend
--- Half-Ooze
--- Living paradox
--- Undead
- Mustrum Ridicully:
--- Cephalopod people
----- good climbers/jumpers/swimmers
----- has 4 locomotive arms, 4 manipulative arms
----- evoke the feeling of a squid intelligent enough to civilize
- Sammy:
--- Sprite/fairy race (related to elf/fey/eladrin)
- Bobdud:
--- Good for rogues
--- Half-beholder
----- Shade-Drake says: Has a reduced crown, maybe 2-4 abilities?
--- Spider thing

Sporemine

First Post
Here's the list:

Done:
- Golems (Flipguarder)
- Flying / winged humanoids {Celestial Musicians} (Sporemine, Mentat555)

Sketches:
- Miraluka (ceiling90)

To Do:
- Flipguarder:
--- Ghost
--- Illithid
--- Illurien race
--- Treant
--- Vampire
- Mentat555:
--- Advanced senses
--- High ability mods
--- Large or Tiny
--- More than 2 hands
- Sporemine:
--- Half-Dragon
--- Half-Fiend
--- Half-Ooze
--- Living paradox
--- Undead
- Mustrum Ridicully:
--- Cephalopod people
----- good climbers/jumpers/swimmers
----- has 4 locomotive arms, 4 manipulative arms
----- evoke the feeling of a squid intelligent enough to civilize
- Sammy:
--- Sprite/fairy race (related to elf/fey/eladrin)
- Bobdud:
--- Good for rogues
--- Half-beholder
----- Shade-Drake says: Has a reduced crown, maybe 2-4 abilities?
--- Spider thing

Looks good

Kudos

-Sporemine

Remove ads