Give me the idea, I build the race

willows

First Post
Catboy
This is for my buddy Mike. Also, it's an answer to the "+4 stat bonus" problem, although maybe a weird one.

Rawwr

Ability Score: +2 Dex, +2 Con
Size: Medium
Speed: 7
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Stealth

Poor Pedigree: Catboys have mixed ancestry. Choose one of the following racial traits:
  • Dwarven Resilience: Catboys with Dwarven Resilience have mackerel stripes.
  • Fey Origin: Catboys with Fey Origin are pointed.
  • Group Awareness: Catboys with Group Awareness are calico.
  • Group Diplomacy: Catboys with Group Diplomacy may have any markings.
  • Nimble Reaction: Catboys with Nimble Reaction have impressive manes.
Deft Claws: For the purpose of qualifying for feat, paragon path, and epic destiny prerequisites, catboys have +2 Dexterity. For the purpose of power effects*, catboys have +1 Dex modifier.
Irrepressible: Catboys add their Con modifier (minimum 1) to their healing surge value.

Feline Dodge: You can use feline dodge as an encounter power.

Feline Dodge — XXX Racial Power
You slip through your opponents' fingers.
Encounter
Move Action, Personal
Effect: You shift your speed.

Physical Description
Catboys have large eyes in green, blue, or amber, and pointed car eats on the tops of their heads. Some catboys have cat noses instead of people noses. They also have long feline tails. Their hands and feet are often furred paws, and toward the torso their fur thins out. Their markings remain visible on the exposed skin.

There are no female catboys. Catboys are interfertile with most humanoids, and anyone with catboy ancestry may produce a catboy child rather than one of their own race.

*: That is to say, effects but not attacks or damage.

blah blah feats go here

Notes

I'm really trying to push the envelope here for what racial abilities can do. I haven't run the numbers on Deft Claws or Irrepressible...

Exterminatus

First Post
I am rather obsessed with Skaven from Warhammer Fantasy. My DM has granted me permission to use Ratmen if I can find an appropriate template... and this is where you come in, hopefully.

Please please PLEASE. Thank you.

Exterminatus

First Post
Yes, I'm looking for something that captures the characteristics of a 'rat': sneaky, conniving, selfish, cowardly and backstabbing. I'm not looking for an exact copy of Skaven, so don't worry about that!

I know the race should be in the Small category. But other than that, open to your interpretation!

Remove ads