D&D 5E Give me your craziest, most GONZO PC concepts!

SwivSnapshot

First Post
In 4e I played a chaotic good, but delusional, Drow cleric of Sune who was a pacifist. He believed that if he could make the Drow to worship Sune, she would be his betrothed.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Probably doesn't qualify as Gonzo or crazy but...
I've wanted to make a dwarven bard named Dio Rockmaker. He would naturally play traditional dwarven metal music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once thought about creating a half-elf bard named Tiala Swiftleaf who sang shake it off whenever she healed someone.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I designed a character that suffered from a curse that left him with a kind of multiple peraonality disorder. He had four different personas and a class to go with each. His physical stats stayed the same but his mental stats would change.

His personality changes were dictated by stress, kind of like the Hulk. So anytime anything crazy happened or when combat started, he'd make a roll to determine the personality that took over. If he succeeded by a certain amount, he picked who would take over. If not, it was determined randomly.

Only played him for one adventure, but he was a lot of fun.

Lanliss

Explorer
I have been playing with the idea of a four elements monk reflavored as a transmutation wizard who focuses on internal magic, changing his body to adapt to situations. Nothing Gonzo, mechanics wise, but he always introduces himself as a serious academic, just like any other (reputable) wizard would. Plenty of difference for role playing.

LapBandit

First Post
A barbarian that carries a Large-sized weapon around (like Dark Souls) and uses it against suitability large enemies. Yes, you'll be swinging with disadvantage but Reckless or the Enlarge spell removes that. I like the imagery of a hulking barbarian dragging a too large season around and then bring another to swing it.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
A lesbian elf stripper ninja-style rogue that is really a 400-pound orc man. Make it a point to play this one as over-the-top as godly possible.

A wild mage sorcerer who is a mad scientist supervillain in personality. Best if played with a CG alignment. Remember, the key to being a supervillain is presentation, so ham it up and chew the scenery. Done right, you can make anything, no matter how mundane or boring, awesome to watch.

Bupp

Adventurer
I played one session in a space fantasy game of 5e as a warforged tome warlock. I was basically a battle droid (eldritch blasters), whose other "spells" were really just the effects of implants and such. My "owl familiar" is a drone.

When he levels up, he "goes in for upgrades".

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I play a variant human land druid 5/transmuter 2 with the Alchemist feat named Ebenezer Switch. His shtick is changing one thing to another and all of his spells and abilities are reflavored as the Legitimate Science of Alchemy. He's a great support character with lots of utility.

His wild shapes are always interesting instead of powerful. Ebenezer changed into an enlarged donkey to pull a purloined siege weapon which we later used on the enemy when they assaulted our town. He saved another character from being overrun and killed by vicious wolves by turning into a white house cat (with expeditious retreat in effect) and rushing past them - the wolves couldn't help but chase. He also heroically held back a horde of zombies in a muddy tunnel that the PCs flooded out by breaking a dam. They thought I was a goner when the water rushed in, but ol' Ebenezer changed into a salmon and swam upstream to safety. Much more fun than the standard bear wild shape!

Remove ads