D&D 5E Give me your craziest, most GONZO PC concepts!

discosoc

First Post
CRABBY ELF BARBARIAN FROM A LINE OF FALLEN ROYALTY WHO SAW THEIR WHOLE FAMILY CONSUMED BY A GELATINOUS CUBE

Man, I love that site.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
An elf that orphaned as a child and raised by 3 generations of a barbarian tribe, eventually becoming a barbarian himself before meeting true elves for the first time. He had a hard time accepting that he was truly related to all those androgynous, pasty-white, dandelion eaters

Same here... M&M is where my truly crazy characters are. Then there's the GURPS campaign where I played a toaster.

I once played in a Gamma World Campaign (about 25 years ago) and played a PC that I probably can't begin to describe here without Moderators moderating me the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks out of this fine community...

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Who cares if it's not D&D? We're talking Gonzo here!

Oh, if anything goes, then it would probably be Ajax Bouropoulos, aka Hek, the teenage Avatar of Briaeros The Hekatonkheires. He can't handle the full power of his patron, so he can't manifest the full 50 heads and 100 arms, but he can cause up to 49 pairs of semi-autonomaus arms to grow from any nearby surface. Each pair of arms is super strong (able to lift a couple of tons) and working in concert they can rip vehicles and buildings apart in short order. Hek himself is incredibly durable, especially when fulfilling the primary directive of his patron - recapturing escaped denizens of Tartaros and sending them back to the prison plane.

If not him, then possibly Jaime Harding, aka Mannequin. Her father was a local super hero who made an enemy of an un-powered surgeon when the surgeons son was accidentally put into a coma during a super battle. Realizing he couldn't do anything to her father, he kidnapped Jaime and started sending pieces of her to her father. After having her eyes, arms, and legs removed the stress of her situation caused her powers to manifest. She has a telekinetic force field and powerful but short range telekinesis that allows her to "grab" and animate nearby materials as surrogate limbs. She can "see" around her via short range clairvoyance. She gained her name from her first "battle costume" which consisted of a wooden mannequin with her hidden inside its chest, animating it with her telekinesis.

A barbarian/warlock multi that is based on the idea of ghost rider... I have some power but when push comes to shove 'the other guy' takes over and I fight

gweinel

Explorer
One of my favorites characters:

A cursed from a powerful Oni male fighter (samurai) with a Con of 7. Part of his curse was to merge with a Yuki Ona (a Snow Spirit). So, his appearance was a very beautiful man with feminine characteristics with two personalities. The Yuki Ona despised the fighter and the fighter loved her. The Yuki Ona, in times of need, could grant him divine spells. For that reason, as the sessions proceeded, i multiclassed with shaman (it was 3e, oriental adventures).

What a character...

Remove ads