• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GO:H] A Game of Opposites: Heroes OOC (Villains: Stay out)

Jemal

Adventurer
K, will finish monk/shadowdancer soon as I get an answer to this post:

I can't remember if someone else asked this, so I'll ask again:
Are you allowing those bracers that let monks basically enchant their unarmed strikes as if they were blunt weapons? (IE you put the enchantment on the bracers, and it affects the monks punches)
And if you are allowing that, can I take it as a belt instead, as I'm planning on using kicking AND punching, and that would make more sense.

Zhure

First Post
Just for my own curiosity, what's the pricing structure on those?

If it's basically the cost of a double-ended weapon, I'd allow it for certain. Unarmed fighters have to milk the cheese (like being Sacred Fists) to get enhancement bonuses.

If all else fails, pick up some scrolls of Greater Magic Fang and Zagrim will gladly read them for you.

Heroes always win because they make sacrifices for the greater good. :)

Greg

Timothy

First Post
Jemal, if you type up exactly what you want (including where it came from/who made it up) I'll look at it, and probarly allow it.

In the meanwhile, you could go for a ring of shocking blows, although for your level that is very minor.

GWolf

First Post
I jsut got the sickening feeling that we are going to need more manpower to be be taking on lairs of badguys....

Maybe 2 or 3 of us should take leader ship? (Id rather not)

Zhure

First Post
Nah, we just have to be cautious.

Zagrim is almost a diviner; I plan on using a lot of divinations (especially Prying Eyes to get a lay of the land and then Clairvoyance for a better view). We can also used summoned critters to act as a scouts and Orcish Mine Detectors.

I don't think we need Leadership; we just shouldn't over-buff in case the opposition hits us with a bucket of Dispels. IME.

Greg

Jemal

Adventurer
K, characters done except for name and 1 language.

(Speaking of which - ARE we all going to select 1 very uncommonly spoken language to have in common so we can talk in combat without them knowing what we're saying? Or will a spellcaster be using Message for that?)

And I decided "Screw the monk" b/c it was getting too complicated, so I'm just going pure PHB/DMG/MM/Quint Fighter.
Half-Celestial Draconic Male Human Fgtr/Pal/Living Blade.

I'll go post him now.
SO is everyone done their characters now? Can we start doing Tactics/Strategy? We should come up with several battle plans (IE IF this happens THEN we do this, etc) and contingencies.

Finally - we're using the Erata right? Well I don't have access to it, so could someone tell me if there's any errata on my stuff? (Specifically right now I'ld like to know about the Absorbing Shield from DMG... It seems fairly powerful. Current DMG stats:

Absorbing Shield: 50,000GP
Every other day, this +1 shield can be commanded to absorb a single large or smaller object or creature that touches its front, annihiliating the thing that touches it as a sphere of anihilation does. A successful touch attack in combat is all that's needed to absorb a target. The shield therefore can deliver devastating shield bases, but it is also useful for destroying an opponents weapon.

(Damn.. Next high level fighter I make is going to specialize in Shield bashes and get a bunch of them.. hehe..)

redstrm

First Post
I believe that we decided on Celestial for our common language.

And until we know more about what we are facing tactics will be kind of tough...

maddmic

Explorer
A common language is a great idea, however I only get my bases languages, which are Orcish and Common. However, I guess my sword can translate. :) Incidently The spell list is almost complete. Since no problems seem to have come up about my character, then I will be posting the finished thing later tonight.

Zhure

First Post
You can always spend 2 skill points for a bonus language. Or get a +2 headband of intellect for dirt cheap.

Greg

Remove ads