• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good PC fantasy RPGs

Nasma

First Post
Maybe I'm just missing them, but I haven't seen any good fantasy RPGs for the computer in recent years. Morrowind was the last one I really enjoyed, and since then I've been craving more. I just played through the entire baldur's gate series again and loved it, carrying the same character from start to finish.

Could anyone recommend any to me? They don't have to be new, just as long as they are enjoyable.

Thanee

First Post
There was a post about fantasy PC games a while ago, might want to check the next few pages to find it. :)

Gothic (1+2, 3 is in the works) is said to be one of the best fantasy CRPGs of recent times.
Neverwinter Nights + both expansions is pretty good.
Temple of Elemental Evil is good for tactical 3.5 combat, but not so great as an adventure itself.

Some older games are still worth taking a look at, most notably Planescape: Torment.

Bye
Thanee

Never Winter Nights and expansions.
Added bonuses:
1)Lots of custom content to down load once done with the original and expansions. Especialy modules. Neverwinter vault sight I recomend.
2)Online play Enworld has it's own persistent game. I just started the online experience on thsi server my first time playing online. It has been fun and people are helpfull.

Greylock

First Post
Bah! Neverwinter Nights? No one plays that game anymore. :p

For real, NWN has been my time-waster for two and 1/2 years now with no end in sight. Especially now that I've joined the online crowd. Been splitting my time between the ENWorld server and Battledale.

I stopped playing it for a few months.
After playing doom3 for a while and wanting something a bit more relaxing I fired it up to play some single player. After getting bored with this I decided to give the EN World server a try and I am hooked on the game again.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I would kill for a PC-RPG with an Asian medieval flavor. Unfortunately, console got major dibs. My hat for home console knows no limit ... except GBA.

LightPhoenix

First Post
You mentioned Baldur's Gate, but not Planescape: Torment. That'd be one place to start. Also, Knights of the Old Republic, while not fantasy, is in the same vein.

CarlZog

Explorer
Arx Fatalis was kinda cool. No phenomenal storyline, but a cool interface and magic system.

I'll also second Planescape: Torment, if you've never played it. Best story of any CRPG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads