• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guidelines for relative power? (more homebrewing stuff)

Evenglare

Adventurer
Other than eyeballing and "comparing it to other classes of the same level" is there some sort of site out there for 4th edition homebrewers? Pathfinder has a nifty site called pathfinderdb that has all sorts of good things made by the community, I was wondering if 4th edition had some sort of analogue.

The past couple of days I have been posting things about my current project of final fantasy. I am set on a couple of things such as essentials progression, 20 levels and a new magic system. The things I wish to keep are the general mechanics and mathematics of leveling, and as such, I was hoping if anyone could point me in a direction of the "meta" rules of 4th edition.

Psikus

Explorer
The things I wish to keep are the general mechanics and mathematics of leveling, and as such, I was hoping if anyone could point me in a direction of the "meta" rules of 4th edition.

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but I've written a bunch of blog articles about the math of the game. Some of them are slightly outdated since the MM3 monster math change, but other than that, you should find them useful.

- Baseline PC damage
- Character Survivability (outdated, need to change monster damage to 8+level)
- Survivability calculator
- Survivability progression across levels (also outdated).

And some articles on a more basic level:
- Definition of DPR
- Monster stats.
- Minion damage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads