Guy at my Wife's work nailed his Testicle to a House.

kenobi65

First Post
Harmon said:
I nailed my boot to the roof, right between my big toe and my index toe.
{snip}
the third came over the edge and went through my left palm.

You nailed your own foot *and* palm.

Sorry, I can't resist this one...

Jesus Christ. :)

... slack jawed as I read this thinking two things.....

1. Poor guy

2. YOU STUPID #$%^##&& IDIOT!

I also had other thoughts / comments but they will not fly here very well.......

LightPhoenix

First Post
Harmon said:
Heard about an apprentice that shot himself in the side of the knee while working high in a lift. He started convulsing almost instantly, and then took a tumble out of the lift about twenty feet. His partner (not in the lift, but above him) jumped into the lift, dropped down. The kid was convulsive, flailing about, the carpenter pulled the nail out in a rush and the convulsing stopped. The kid lost all feeling from his knee down from what I heard later.

Sounds like he got himself right in the nerve (whose name I can't recall... tibial I think). It's the one that the doctor taps you on to test your reflexes. The convulsing and flailing is not surprising in the least. Plus, I've heard that knee injuries are extremely painful.

Proper safe technique and what one can do while using a nail gun are not always the same thing. Once in a while you have to shot back towards your self, because you are up high and you can’t be levitating out in the middle of no where to make the shot.

Plus, sometimes accidents just happen. Safe technique (and proper equipment) is important in helping to prevent them, but it's not the end-all panacea to stopping accidents and injuries.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Harmon said:
Proper safe technique and what one can do while using a nail gun are not always the same thing. Once in a while you have to shot back towards your self, because you are up high and you can’t be levitating out in the middle of no where to make the shot.

I am not buying that "have to", in any real sense. There are situations when a nail gun can't be used with proper safety, yes. But that's part of why they still make these "hammer" things.

Pbartender

First Post
Harmon said:
I nailed my boot to the roof, right between my big toe and my index toe. Scared the hell out of me ‘til I realized I had missed my toes, then I was just really embarrassed.

Nailed the bottom nail on a 2x6 block, the gun rebounded inside the stub bay and fired twice more, the third came over the edge and went through my left palm.

Similar story...

Way back when, I was working in a general warehouse. My job for the week was building crates and pallets with another fellow who was a pretty big jag-off. Quick digression... Pneumatic nail guns, for those who don't know, have two triggers -- the actual trigger, and the barrel of the gun itself -- both have to be pressed down to fire a nail. Normally, when you aren't actively nailing something, you take your finger off the trigger to prevent misfires. ...back to the story. Anyway, one day, this fellow was goofing around with his nail gun, pretending he was a cowboy or a gangster or something -- Hurr, hurr. With his finger on the trigger, he swung the nail gun around and the nozzle hit the very edge of our work bench and spit out a nail... It went straight through the leather upper of his boot, through the middle of his foot, through the rubber sole, and then blunted itself on the concrete floor of the warehouse. That's right... He essentially rivetted his boot to his foot.

The paramedics had to cut away the boot leather, and then hacksaw the head of the nail off to get his foot out of the boot.

Remove ads