D&D 5E hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen (full)

Spartain104

First Post
Welcome to you both. Feel free to get to work on your characters.

Thank you for your kind words, [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]. I posted on Friday because that's when I got around to it, but yeah, I'll give a bump Monday morning to try and spread the word out more.

Hey I hope you dont mind, but instead of a ranger Im thinking a magic user. I've never played one and would like to try. Probably a warlock. FYI. Itll be a clever character promise.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Just created my Enworld account just to join this game. :) Playing a real-life game right now but hey, you can never have too many D&D games...

Would like to play an eladrin rogue (arcane trickster), with a sage background.

Newbie question - How did [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION] create and post the character sheet?
Welcome to the game, and welcome to the PbP forums. As Forged Fury said, you can see the board code by quoting him, but basically the trick revolves around the {code} tag (use square brackets) which displays everything in the courier new font, which allows you to compose the document with absolute spacing and what have you. Don't feel you need to use that format, just as long as the information gets across and is reasonable readable.

Hey I hope you dont mind, but instead of a ranger Im thinking a magic user. I've never played one and would like to try. Probably a warlock. FYI. Itll be a clever character promise.
I don't mind. We're still just getting started here.

kuey1975

First Post
Thanks! Figured out the {code} {/code} tagging. Fleshing out my character and got a couple of questions.

Can I sell of some of the starting equipment that has become obsolete, e.g. armor upgrading?

Also, would like to reskin the rogue traits somewhat by replacing Thieves Cant with another language. The idea is that his rogue-like abilities are due to his attunement to the fey after the Spellplague, e.g. stealth due to his flickering through Feywild, sneak attack are arcane infused strikes, etc. However, Thieves Cant just doesn't fit into the background. If not, it's fine. I'll just ignore it completely. :)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Welcome to you both. Feel free to get to work on your characters.
Thanks I will get to it later in the week, if that is ok with you. I am currently out of country and my connection is purely a phone. I have no problem if you want to get a move along and give someone else the spot.
for
Thanks again

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I realized what this teams needs the moment this thread opened.

A Dwarven Bard.

But honestly, with all the fey and half-fey, I'd actually like to throw in a Halfling Bard for consideration.

Not sure if it will be a guy or girl yet; going to wait and see where the gender bias lies on the team. :)

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey Hafrogman!

I'm also interested. I'm tempted by a Human (variant) Paladin or perhaps a gnome or wood elf moon druid.
ok?
Cheers,

SG

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION] Are you thinking Lore or Valor? Just FYI, I'm planning on multiclassing into Valor for a few levels.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Thanks I will get to it later in the week, if that is ok with you. I am currently out of country and my connection is purely a phone. I have no problem if you want to get a move along and give someone else the spot.
for
Thanks again
It's fine to wait on mechanics and fine details, but if you could drop us a line or two with a rough sketch of character name/background/demeanor so people could begin working you into their backgrounds, that would be great.

I realized what this teams needs the moment this thread opened.

A Dwarven Bard.

But honestly, with all the fey and half-fey, I'd actually like to throw in a Halfling Bard for consideration.

Not sure if it will be a guy or girl yet; going to wait and see where the gender bias lies on the team. :)
I think every team needs more dwarves. But we are short on halflings, too.

Hey Hafrogman!

I'm also interested. I'm tempted by a Human (variant) Paladin or perhaps a gnome or wood elf moon druid.
ok?
Cheers,

SG
Any of those would be fine.

That makes a party of six, so I'm gonna lock this team down. Welcome again to everyone!

Forged Fury

First Post
I worked on a background for Morgan. It's pretty standard "grew up in a mercenary company" fare. If anyone wants to be part of the Company, feel free to include it in your history. The company was largely wiped out by a flight of evil dragons, with the few survivors escaping to Scornubel. It's a pretty sizable city in the western heartlands. I'm not sure how the campaign starts, but the city can be adjusted as needed.

Team Composition:
Morgan Cavendish {Half-Elf} (Battlemistress/Valor Bard) [Front Line/Buff/Healing]
Agowawere "Hunter" Tsyffonji {Human} (Barbarian) [Front Line/Tanking/Scout]
Carad Isilme {Eladrin} (Acrane Trickster) [Harrier/Chicanery]
Venn Elkezerai {Half-Elf} (Pact of Tome Warlock) [Ranged/Debuff/Knowledge]
Nameless {Dwarf} (Bard) [???] (Lots of ways to go there...)
Jenivestia "Jeni" Elananthael {Wild Elf} (Moon Druid) [Front Line/Recovery]

I'll update as more stuff gets filled in.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Forged Fury it was up in the air, based on what our party was going to become.

If I'm looking correctly, we'll have a Fighter/Valorbard, a Barbarian, a Wizard or Warlock, a Paladin or Druid, an Arcane Rogue, and myself. I was debating between bards, but with the team we have, I'm thinking a Mountain Dwarf Lorebard might be a perfect fit.

I do gotta ask though...

What are you hoping to gain from Valorbard that Fighter can't already do 'better'? I'm more curious than judging. Also, with 6 players, xp will be slower and advancement will be equally slower. Also also, we start at level 3. :)

Also +3, I might be tempted to break out a Knowledge Priest(ess?)...

Last edited:

Remove ads