• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Halfling dragon slayer

Bub_the_zombie

First Post
Orginally I had a different back up character but the party cleric died too. This is not so much for a build idea but for how to accomplish the task at hand. This is a dragon and undead heavy world.

Tactic- get swallowed whole by dragon, kill from the inside.
Problem- being swallowed whole is traditionally painful

I am looking for ideas to- breathe, not take crushing damage, elemental/digestive damage, and any other fun quirks all while being swallowed whole.

Build- rogue 3/ cleric 6
Feat that stacks the two for sneak attack and other things (forget name @ work)
Figure I have resist spells vs. breath weapon of target dragon. As well as 6 lvs of clerical buffers.
36,000 gp to start
Will purchase a
+1 dragon bane dagger
+1 grappling hook (like a fishing hook so I won't be vomited out)

What are other good magic items and feats to consider.

As always thanks!

Bub_the_zombie

First Post
Thanks!

Been looking around and I think I found a funny combo that may work. Decanter of endless water to flood the stomach (gullet) then water breathing. Figure dilute any digestive juices too. I imagine that this would be uncomfortable for the dragon so my magic grappling (fishing hook) would keep me down there if he decided to purge. +1 dagonbane dagger should be enough to start carving my way inside deeper, using an ever burning torch for light, and a knowledge dungeoneering check to go for debilitating anatomy.

I still am looking for a way to negate the crushing damage, that is one of my bigger concerns.

Still any suggestions and comments appreciated.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Shrink yourself even smaller to go down easy, make sure you don't get bit in half or end up stuck in the dragon's throat. That would be bad for both of you!

Remove ads