• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

D'Amico Vega

First Post
Darius looks at Kevin quizically "I didn't know you knew draconic." He then asks Gray Sparrow "I don't want to waste this spell...if we question him, after we're done, I'd like to show him MY True Strike." Darius then sends the kobold a threatening glare, then he covers himself in his hood again. "I hardly have any blood to clean off of my sword...a pity..." He hesitates for 5 seconds and then says in a demonic-deep tone "I hope I'll have more on it in a while."

NOTE: Darius is speaking in common as of right now.

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC: Oops. I didn't notice what language the kobald was speaking in :heh: . Just ignore that whole post.

IC:

"Hey, have any of you tried the food you were given yet? I think it might have magical healing enchanted into it."

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Nyela feels sympathetic to the kobold. "We.. should spare him," she says. "can kobolds be good? Become gardeners? Lizard breeders maybe?"

Gomez

First Post
"I don't know about being good. But we can at least question the kobold." says Gray Sparrow. She turn to the cowering kobold and says in draconic. "We will spare you if you tell us what we want to know! And no lies or you will regret it!"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In the Cave

The kobold looks over you, terrified. It's body shakes, and the smell of this creature is terrible, causing you to stand away. Turning away from Darius, as he threatens him with the spilling of his blood, he quickly answers Gray Sparrows question. "Yesss, I help! You not kill me. Pleassse. You look for talking rock in death room? I take you!"

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: As stuborn as a Mule!

*Ignorant to the bloody wound bleeding from his side, Ghin continues to draw the attention of the furious beast. Bobbing and weaving he notices warm slickness running down his side. Taking a moment to bring his hand to his ribs, he finds sharp pains running up his torso. Glancing at the crimson stain on his gauntlet a great smile breaks his face.*

"Ha ha! So this is what it feels like to be alive! Bring down this vicious beast my good fellows! Take it alive though, Maximo would be proud of such a creature! If I can sustain such a wound, you could do for some patience in bringing it down peacefully! Glory be to Pelor!"

#As long as its attacking Ghin, He will be going full defense. Should it begin to attack someone else. He will strike to subdue. If Ghin takes further damage, he will burn a cure light "Protection from Evil" on himself (Casting Defensively).#

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jean, not wanting to lose the lives of his fellow students in ttraining, lunges at the creature, but misses it, as the creature is now free of Mugens hold and looking for ferocious by the second. (rolled 6+6=12 Mis) Turning it's attention to Ghin, it continues its relelntless attack, clawing and biting at him, feverishly as its own blood pours out of the wounds from before. It catches Ghin offguard, as he was dodging back and forth, and the claws dig into him again. Ghin immediately switches his position in time, before the other claw and the snapping teeth get him, as they tear at his shield, making deep crevices into it. (Rolled nat 20, Confirm miss for 5 dmg while the other attacks missed)

Mugen, seeing his friend in pain, as the wolverine claws him, once again, decides to attack, but with a more direct approach. Moving in to flank the wolverine, he spies an opening and takes a quick kick, near the temple of the creature. With a howl, the creature suddenly slumps to the ground, still breathing, but very still. (Rolled nat 20, Crit roll....19!!! Confirmed for 10 damage. Creature is unconscious CONGRATS!!!)

You are left standing there, panting heavily, looking at the creature on the ground. It is still alive, yet hurt. You do not know how long it will stay uncoscious, but know that you have some time to plan whatever actions you want.

Ghin, you hear some faint sounds coming from the lair again as you stand there bleeding. With your ears strained, you hear smaller yelps coming from within. The others are oblivious to this.

Temujin

First Post
Mugen takes a deep breath and sighs. "Are we even sure this is the creature we're looking for?" He asks. "I'd hate to have to do this over again..."

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Jean

"I don't think the wolverine fits the description either. Luckily we were here though. Living so close to the farm would no doubt result in human casualties. I doubt Maximo would have a use for this beast. We should kill it now before it could pose a threat to the farmers."

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: One hell of a bloody mess!

*Panting heavely Ghin loops the morningstar to his hip, grasping his side with his free hand. Blood flows freely now from the wounds beneath his armor staining his left side with a slick crimson ickor. Pain and stress streak his face as his fingers dampen with the rewards of victory. A quiet chant leaves his lips as he begins to concentrate.*

"Die wieder hergestellt die Wunden sind geschlossen und Stärke. Pelor Bindung Ihre Helligkeit in mir!"

*Ghin's hand glows brightly as the pain in his face lessens. Blood ceases flowing through his hands as a quick grin crosses his once agony stricken features. He stands up straight readying his shield for another go.*

"Perhaps this beast is, perhaps this beast is not. The situation has changed. There are creatures further in the cave still. I fear this beast was simply guarding it's young. I think we should return with this creature and let Maximo judge if this is the creature we seek. I dont think it is but we still can't leave it hear to perhaps attack farmers who wander too close. Its not a far trek back to the keep, bind the creature and place a sack over its head. While you two do that I'll check out the cave further. I shall return."

*With that Ghin fronts his shield before him letting its brilliance guide his way further back into the tunnel towards the yelping.*

#Ghin burned a "Protection from Evil" for his "Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1)". If his HP are still 4 or less he will use up his shield of faith to heal up further. After that he will head down into the tunnel quickly yet attempting to not startle what he beleives are wolverine pups.#

Remove ads