• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

It appears I still have a plastic crack habit. last year I bought over 850 plastic DDM / Pathfinder figures.... I need a 12-step program or something.....

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I just watched Westworld, and damn, it made me wonder what horrible death trap of a theme park Micheal Crichton would have dreamed up if he I got passed his dinosaur fetish. Seriously he went from killer robots to killer dinosaurs... I'm surprised he wasn't the person who come up with the concept of a killer virtual reality mmo. But alas, he didn't and he died.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Westworld is one of my favorite classic Sci-Fi movies. Not only is it a nifty story, it is one well-told...at times, shockingly anti-Hollywood in its methodology.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Westworld is one of my favorite classic Sci-Fi movies. Not only is it a nifty story, it is one well-told...at times, shockingly anti-Hollywood in its methodology.
I think that's part of why it was so good. It raise so many questions which all tended to have messed up answers especially once you realize that the parks technology was faulty and it was difficult to tell who were human and who wasn't. For instance, there is a whole disturbingly messed up can of worms that is opened if the Midieval guy and Roman lady were married.

Even more messed up questions are raised once you realize that one of the primary things people do at the park is either kill or have sex with robots while the technicians all watch in the control room. Just imagine how much worse Medieval guy's scene with the hand maiden robot could have been.

Last edited:

Remove ads